Moved Thread Post your apologies to the Crows here...

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrespecitve of the loss tonight I reckon around 80% of Big Footy members should post their apologies to the Adelaide Crows in this thread. If they haven't gained your respect tonight then you have no right to call yourself a footy fan.

EDIT - for those too thick to realise what the apology is for, by my reckoning 80% of BF posters have claimed we did not deserve to be a top 4 side and only got there cause of the soft draw.

EDIT - this is not a thread created to complain about the umpires. I congratulate the Hawks for their win and am not trying to take anything away from them.

Why apologise, 1 finals win against the team below you on the ladder is not really something that justifies you guys being top 4. When you break it down you lost to Sydney in Adelaide, beat Freo (Just) in Adelaide and threw everything at the Hawks and lost (Just) despite playing out of your skins.

Without trying to insult you guys, why the hell do you all get soooooo up in arms about how other teams supporters feel about the Crows. So many Crows supporters have an unbelievably large chip on their shoulders about the way the rest of the footy world feels about them.

You guys should not have had a double chance in reality, but you did what you have done all year and made the bloody most of it. You gave it a red hot crack and fell short again. You guys really did milk this year for absolutely everything, but I don't see how tonight changes the draw or perception of the Crows.

Still don't rate them. Our kicking more than anything else kept them in the game. Straight kicking and we would have had a massive lead and they would be shattered. Not a top 4 team, but there is always next year.

Good post.

Whatever happened to 'bad kicking is bad footy'?
Can't help but feel that even if we did win tonight we still wouldn't have had any respect from many on here.

Where are all the smartarses who said we'd get absolutely pantsed?

Agreed - don't see many Hawks supporters bringing up the scoring shots for this game:

Hawthorn 18.7 (115) def Geelong 11.23 (89

All and sundry here are saying that the Hawks' poor kicking and more inside-50s showed that they should have won by more. In the eyes of non-Hawthorn supporters, this clearly showed that Sando won the tactical battle. Sent numbers back into the Hawks' attack so that their inside-50s were less efficient, then we hurt them on the counter attack. Plus when they did get it forward, we pressured the s*** out of them and forced them out wide and continually made them kick for goal from tight angles.

So inside 50s and scoring shots are irrelevant here, the Crows put in a brilliant effort when everyone on BF, and the footy community, wrote them off. Bravo Crows, you did me proud and showed that heart and effort make up for the 'Hollywood' Hawks.
Pretty fair comment until the end just coming of sooky.

EDIT - for those too thick to realise what the apology is for, by my reckoning 80% of BF posters have claimed we did not deserve to be a top 4 side and only got there cause of the soft draw.

EDIT - this is not a thread created to complain about the umpires. I congratulate the Hawks for their win and am not trying to take anything away from them.

Uhm, just because you played off in a Prelim, does not mean retrospectively you had a hard draw, your wins came against soft opposition, in the finals you lost two out of three games, one at home, and the second one you were only in the game because Hawthorn could not kick straight. You should be pissed off at the umpires, Hawthorn did have some soft free kicks given their way.

Feel for you guys..

AFL the corrupt wanted Hawks to win.. Its worse then Horse racing.. These umpires surely are getting under the table cash..

You obviously dont watch a lot of Hawthorn games. We get smashed almost every week by the umpires.
Buddy gets man handled every week and gets nothing. He bumps Dangerfield while he is in the act of kicking, and gets a free paid against him.......just because it is Buddy.
We definitely got the better of the umpiring tonight, but seriously....why would the AFL want Hawthorn to win. FFS.......Jeff Kennett was our president until 12 months ago, and Vlad didnt like someone pointing out all of his flaws in public........and we paid for that every year while he is president, and we are still paying for it now.

WTF. You don't get to say 'the biased umpiring in our favour doesn't count because we didn't kick straight', Hawthorn were lucky as hell tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for you guys..

AFL the corrupt wanted Hawks to win.. Its worse then Horse racing.. These umpires surely are getting under the table cash..

Are you nearly at the point of the evening where you inflate your newly emptied goon bag and use it as a pillow?

Nothing to apologise for, said they were an excellent chance and it would much closer than everyone thought.

Clarkson also had to contend with pretty decent opponent on the match day coaching stakes, Sando appears to be able to think on his feet.

I apologize for thinking the Crows were possibly a contender, instead of just a decent team with a soft draw.

Luckily the Hawks showed us what they were, and were kind enough to keep it interesting by kicking poorly.

Next year we.wont be need the "soft" draw.

Our boys will be burning.from this loss. and will.come out.firing for 2013. Much like Jacobs not getting AA selection, but putting in the effort he did.today.

We will build on this.

You'd truly hope number 4 is still in a Crows jumper, was super important today.

Uhm, just because you played off in a Prelim, does not mean retrospectively you had a hard draw, your wins came against soft opposition, in the finals you lost two out of three games, one at home, and the second one you were only in the game because Hawthorn could not kick straight. You should be pissed off at the umpires, Hawthorn did have some soft free kicks given their way.

The point is that so many thought we were not worthy of a top 4 finish and were confident tonight's game would be embarassing for us. Instead of giving some acknowledgement all I'm hearing 'is if Hawthorn kicked straight.....'

The only teams we didn't beat this year were Hawthorn and Collingwood/Roos (whom we played once) so I guess everyone else in the competition is soft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Post your apologies to the Crows here...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back