Moved Thread Post your apologies to the Crows here...

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep Hawks apologize for 26 more forward 50 entries and 10 more scoring shots. Sorry for keeping the Crows in the game. Oh yeah, and the extra 2 free kicks we got made all the difference.

Your piss poor effort in front of goals are completely your own doing

and yes, those two free kicks could have made a difference had they occured in the forward 50....

honestly, did you even think before you posted?

The umpiring was nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out.

Crows put in a great effort, dominated on the counter and were doing well in the middle. But, for all intents and purposes, Hawthorn should have won that more than comfortably. 32-22 in scoring shots, 64-38 in inside 50s. hawthorn dominated general play, they just couldnt put it on the scoreboard.
So when we lost to Sydney with 59 I50's to something like 38, you'd also agree then that we should have won comfortably???

For me there's no doubt I'm proud of the boys tonight. Unfortunately we got blown away at the start of the 3rd quarter and that cost us the match. The match was erringly similar to the Geelong v Collingwood prelim in 2007 don't you think!

At least I don't need a thread full of apologies and praise to validate myself unlike some people in this thread who resort to petty name calling and abuse when they don't get their way like a petulant toddler having a temper tantrum.
You have never been to a West Coast game then have you? sorry but if you dont like it you dont have to stay you know:rolleyes:

I thought the Crows were excellent at taking their opportunities and playing the game style that their coach wanted them to play. But Hawthorn were clearly the better team. They wasted ample opportunities, not just kicking at goal, but also simple dropped marks (ROughead and Lewis early in the 1st) right in front of goal. Then in the last quarter when the scoreboard was so tight, they really felt the pressure and the Crows did a great job of making the most of their mistakes.
For what its worth, I don't think the Crows will make the top 4 next year, I would be betting they come somewhere around 6-10th. They'll miss Doughty and probably Tippett a lot.

Speaking of apologies, surely Taylor Walker needs to apologise for that unbelievably stupid waste of time set shot that he had in the last minute of the game. What was he thinking??

I thought the Crows were excellent at taking their opportunities and playing the game style that their coach wanted them to play. But Hawthorn were clearly the better team. They wasted ample opportunities, not just kicking at goal, but also simple dropped marks (ROughead and Lewis early in the 1st) right in front of goal. Then in the last quarter when the scoreboard was so tight, they really felt the pressure and the Crows did a great job of making the most of their mistakes.
For what its worth, I don't think the Crows will make the top 4 next year, I would be betting they come somewhere around 6-10th. They'll miss Doughty and probably Tippett a lot.

Speaking of apologies, surely Taylor Walker needs to apologise for that unbelievably stupid waste of time set shot that he had in the last minute of the game. What was he thinking??

Agree Hawks could have put that game to bed much earlier if taken opportunities. Walker cost way too much time there too.

Congratulations to Adelaide 1) for a magnificent effort all season and 2) for showing up Hawthorn as the arrogant showponies we all knew them to be. If they want the flag they have been claiming as their birthright all year they're going to have to fight us every inch of the way, mark my words.

I'm not gonna apologize to anyone on this board. Purely and simply because the people who matter - the players who gave their all and busted their gut only to fall agonizingly close at the end, are never going to read this thread.

This isn't meant to be an apology to the Crows. It's meant to be an apology to Crows fans on BigFooty. And those flogs can take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned. Lost Talia and Shaw? Hawks lost Guerra before the finals, and Hodge just before the game. Every team has injuries coming into finals.

The fact that this thread was started by an Adelaide supporter just shows the hubris of these muppets. It's always about how the umpires did this, or this player didn't do that - like as if they are only playing themselves. In 97 and 98 they got the benefit of some atrocious kicking and managed to win. Since then, the footy gods have rectified this and even with atrocious kicking, the other side always finds a way to win.

And don't worry - unlike some of you flogs, I doubt many Port Adelaide supporters will revel in yet another of your failures by making reference to it in a signature like the petty, childish reprobates you are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when we lost to Sydney with 59 I50's to something like 38, you'd also agree then that we should have won comfortably???

Yes. You choked, just like Hawthorn nearly did.

You would have beat Sydney next week had you got over the line today.

For anyone that is not sure ive just watched the replay and captured the following:

"Gees the crows were stiff" - C Ling
"How did the umpire 100m away pay that..?, unbelievable, Crows very unlucky" - B Taylor
"Surprised at that free to Hawthorn" - M Richardson
"Gee... Thompson should have had a free there..." M Richardson
"Not sure about that BT... " L Darcy (J lewis getting a soft free)
"Can't believe that... nothing in it and he blew the whistle because the crowd went up.. dont like it.." - L Darcy
" A bit stiff there Darce.... Yeah, thought the Crows player did everything he could not o give the free" - C Ling
"J lewis very lucky there... Tippett should have had a shot at goal..." - B Taylor

Who wants me to go on?

For anyone that is not sure ive just watched the replay and captured the following:

"Gees the crows were stiff" - C Ling
"How did the umpire 100m away pay that..?, unbelievable, Crows very unlucky" - B Taylor
"Surprised at that free to Hawthorn" - M Richardson
"Gee... Thompson should have had a free there..." M Richardson
"Not sure about that BT... " L Darcy (J lewis getting a soft free)
"Can't believe that... nothing in it and he blew the whistle because the crowd went up.. dont like it.." - L Darcy
" A bit stiff there Darce.... Yeah, thought the Crows player did everything he could not o give the free" - C Ling
"J lewis very lucky there... Tippett should have had a shot at goal..." - B Taylor

Who wants me to go on?

Please do - if only for the fact that you have to keep watching the replay of the Crows losing to do so...

I'm not gonna apologize to anyone on this board. Purely and simply because the people who matter - the players who gave their all and busted their gut only to fall agonizingly close at the end, are never going to read this thread.

Or do they?*

*This does not mean I am a player**

**Or am I?***

***Nah, I'm not a player, I struggle to get up off the couch after I sit down****

****Or do I?*****

*****Yeah, you can assure yourself that I would never get a guernsey in the AFL, none would ever fit me

I didn't say anything bad about Adelaide all year, and I never bought in to the soft draw argument either.
I didn't think they were quite 'there' yet despite the great improvement from last year and the fact that they played some great footy when on song.
Great effort today Crows, I think this will be valuable experience for next year. I think their future is pretty bright.

Hawks, well had they kicked straighter they would have beaten the Crows soundly, but as they say, bad kicking is bad footy.
Hawks fans should be pretty confident going into next weeks game though.

Sorry, I forgot Crows fans aren't into objective facts. You run along and whinge about the umpires right in front of you while fapping to 'we can do it!' articles in the Crowvertiser.
Bitter much! Your team are the biggest bunch of downhill skiing, loser culture, no respect from anyone, cant BUY a coach/or fans- bunch of F$%#ers and you want to denegrate our season? Get a life, or is it boring talking to the one other member on your own forum.(probably on the computer he stole from the old lady up the street)

This isn't meant to be an apology to the Crows. It's meant to be an apology to Crows fans on BigFooty. And those flogs can take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned. Lost Talia and Shaw? Hawks lost Guerra before the finals, and Hodge just before the game. Every team has injuries coming into finals.

The fact that this thread was started by an Adelaide supporter just shows the hubris of these muppets. It's always about how the umpires did this, or this player didn't do that - like as if they are only playing themselves. In 97 and 98 they got the benefit of some atrocious kicking and managed to win. Since then, the footy gods have rectified this and even with atrocious kicking, the other side always finds a way to win.

And don't worry - unlike some of you flogs, I doubt many Port Adelaide supporters will revel in yet another of your failures by making reference to it in a signature like the petty, childish reprobates you are.

I laughed the whole way through, did anyone else?

being reading a dictionary lately Janus?

Do you crows ever get sick of losing finals and blaming umpires?? Nobody cares about the umpires, how brave your boys were, how proud you are etc. etc. The record books will show that you finished the minor round in second spot and lost 2 out of 3 finals failing to make a Grand Final yet again. Your finals record is hardly something to be proud of.

First two Hawk goals were gifted by the umpire.

I was in the bay with Hawks players/officials/parents - even some of them thought we were robbed.

Yep, the umpires did you in....just like the do every losing side in.

Your own coach at his press conference stated that Hawthorn was the better team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Post your apologies to the Crows here...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back