Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts guys?

70860886.jpg

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8985/70860886.jpg

thoughts? gonna be a long year.

your forward line needs work

My final team (I think lol)

Def - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Lower (Duigan emg, Toy, Stanley)
Mid - Swan, Boyd, J Selwood, A Krakouer, Bewick, Atley (Heppell emg, D Swallow, Harris)
Rucks - Sandilands, Cox (Clarke, Derickx)
For - Franklin, Green, Goodes, N Riewoldt, Higgins, Knights, Richardson (Darling emg, Prestia, Matera)

Your thoughts?

Adcock has had a good preseason, is a guaranteed best 18 player every week and has had good scoring seasons in the past. The only issue is his past injury history, but all indicators say he is over them.

Even if you don't pick him, he is worth the consideration. Putting a cross straight through him probably just shows you shouldn't be giving advice.

he has had had poor scoring seasons in the past also, and there is NO evidence he is over all his injuries.

Crow-mo appreciate your input...does this side sit better with you?

Backs:
GODDARD, DELEDIO, BROUGHTON, GRIMES, OTTEN, DUIGAN, LOWER
(Stanley, Toy, Hibberd)

Like the backs. obviously Hibberd is a set back, but its a long season and maybe not panic?

Mids:
SWAN, BOYD, PENDLEBURY, MITCHELL, WARD, BEWICK
(Swallow, Harris, Heppell)

I like this a lot, with one exception. you've run out of spots on the field. presumably, you're going to be starting Swallow & Harris, that would mean no spot for Callan Ward?

might want to free up some cash by trading down ward or swallow. at his price, Harris should be on the field.

Ward is a ballsy pick with Boyd too, but could work out great.

Rucks:
SANDILANDS, COX (Petrie, Smith)

put petrie in your forwards, and draft Joel Tippett as your 4th ruck. gets you dual position, plus allows you to get Petrie on the field, earning points.

Forwards:
FRANKLIN, SYLVIA, GOODES, RIEWOLDT, PAVLICH, KRAKEOUR, RICHARDSON
(Prestia, Matera, Tapscott)

if you're going to have prestia/krak, one should be in mid to get the DPP link. but you're already tight on mid places.

otherwise looks good :)

Basically:
OUT = Adcock, Dal Santo, Derickx
IN = Otten, Mitchell, Petrie[/QUOTE]

Current side is

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Lower, Duigan (Hibberd, McKernan, Stanley)
Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Krakeour, Swallow, Harris (Bewick, Atley, Heppel)
Sandi, Cox (Smith, Derrickx)
Franklin, Riewoldt, Didak, Johnson, Higgins, Knights, Richardson (Matera, Prestia, Tapscott)

Thoughts? Got about 50k left

Am unsure about mcKernan = maybe change him or Hibberd to Toy/Coad

Also Didak vs Sylvia/Goodes

Thanks

he has had had poor scoring seasons in the past also, and there is NO evidence he is over all his injuries.

+1 to the above post.......

Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, Bruce, Deledio, Grimes, Lower, Buckley.....Toy, Duigan, Batchelor

Mids
Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Boak, Conca, Heppell.....Swallow, Prestia, Harris

Rucks
Cox, Goldstein......Smith, Moran

Forwards
Sylvia, Riewoldt, Rioli, McGlynn, Higgins, Krakouer, Tapscott.....Richardson, Matera, Darling

Having the 3 Suns on the bench mids is pricey but at this stage it's a risk I'm willing to take. Prestia opens up the DP link to the forwards but it's an expensive link to have when there are much cheaper mids available!

Not happy at all with my side. I had to make some last-minute trades with Armstrong and Seaby being left out, and I've got a few too many from Gold Coast and Sydney (four each).

Defenders

B.Goddard (VC)
J.Grimes
J.Gwilt
A.Otten
R.Murphy
M.Hurley
M.Suckling
---------
N.Maxwell
J.Toy
N.Duigan

Mids
J.Selwood (C)
K.Simpson
J.Kennedy
S.Higgins
R.Sloane
R.Palmer
--------
G.Rohan
C.Masten
D.Harris

Rucks
R.Warnock
J.Trengove
----------
J.Fraser
M.Bailey

Forwards
B.mcGlynn
R.Gray
D.Zaharakis
J.Polkinghorne
M.Williams
A.Krakouer
C.Richardson
------------
L.patrick
J.Lamb
J.Darling

Yes, you're probably right. I expected him to play and was quite shocked they left him out.

I suppose I could bring in Libba Jr, then get rid of Williams (who is mysteriously missing from this week, though I didn't see him mentioned in the injury list) to upgrade to a better forward.

Getting through a preseason IS evidence that he may have got over his injuries. Whether that happens or not is the risk you take in DT.

I'm assuming you said exactly the same thing about Beau Waters last year? Or even Nick Malceski who played all 22 games? Yeah he is injured now, but what a pick up he was last year. If you had either of these guys in your team last year you are a hypocrite.

As you say, "NO evidence" is something you would associate with a Josh Drummond type who has actually gone down. Crossing off Adcock with no consideration is just plain ignorance and misleading to others who might not know his latest situation. Fair enough give an opinion by giving people ideas, but don't write off players for people unless of course they are injured or struggling.

It would not surprise me at all to see Jed Adcock in a few Top 100 ranked teams this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BACK - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Lower, Stanley (Duigan, Coad, Heppell)

MID - Swan, Montagna, Selwood, Foley, Krakeour, Atley (Swallow, Harriss, Bewick

FORW - Franklin, Riewoldt, Sylvia, Goodes, Knights, Richardson, Tapscott (Petrie, Matera, Darling)

Ruck - Sandilands, Cox (J Tippett, Smith)

Any feedback? I'm considering downgrading Smith to cheapy.. not sure.

$73K left

like it. very similar to mine actually! hahaha. i was considering downgrading smith too but have kept him....for now. how is knights travelling atm? he burned me last year.....i had him, mitch duncan and yarran in the mix. took the punt on yarran :(

like it. very similar to mine actually! hahaha. i was considering downgrading smith too but have kept him....for now. how is knights travelling atm? he burned me last year.....i had him, mitch duncan and yarran in the mix. took the punt on yarran :(
There's no defender in the midfield.

Final side:
Backs Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Grundy, Lower

Mids Pendlebury, Palmer, Djerrkura, Krakouer, Bewick, Liberatore

Rucks Sandilands, Cox

Fwds Franklin, Sylvia, Harvey, Goodes, Riewoldt, Brown, O'Keefe

Bank: 55.6k

Reserves: Atley [E], Heppell [E], Richardson [E], Batchelor, Buckly, Duigan, Harris, Smith, Moran, Matera, Darling

OK locked and loaded this is my final team...no more changes...$75,500 in the bank.

GOING FOR LEAGUE WIN so this explains my choice of players.

I've gone with 15 premiums and 1 midpricer who i believe could become a premium this year and then 17 rookies who i believe are in the top 20 rookies this year in terms of Job security and scoring potential.

Backs: GODDARD, DELEDIO, BROUGHTON, GRIMES, OTTEN, LOWER, HEPPELL
(Duigan, Stanley, Toy)

Mids: SWAN, BOYD, MONTAGNA, PENDLEBURY, WARD, BEWICK
(Swallow, Harris, Hibberd)

Ruck: SANDILANDS, COX (Smith, Bailey)

Forw: FRANKLIN, SYLVIA, GOODES, RIEWOLDT, PAVLICH, KRAKEOUR, RICHARDSON

Thought processes:
1) I've tried to include premiums from Melbourne, Sydney, Fremantle due to their byes occuring during multi-bye weeks.
2) I've avoided Carlton, Geelong, North Melbourne and Essendon premiums to their last byes occuring during league finals.
3) This leaves me with 15 premiums who ideally will not need to be traded unless injuries occur.
4) My midpricer - Callun Ward - should really step up to average around 85 this year and will result in atleast $120k price increase (equivalent to what one could expect from a rookie)
5) My decision to have Prestia and Krakeour up forward (hence not having a DPP link) is based on my belief that there are more quality midfield rookie options compared to forward options and hence ive attempted to get the best 17 rookies (or close to it) on the park.

OK locked and loaded this is my final team...no more changes...$75,500 in the bank.

GOING FOR LEAGUE WIN so this explains my choice of players.

I've gone with 15 premiums and 1 midpricer who i believe could become a premium this year and then 17 rookies who i believe are in the top 20 rookies this year in terms of Job security and scoring potential.

Backs: GODDARD, DELEDIO, BROUGHTON, GRIMES, OTTEN, LOWER, HEPPELL
(Duigan, Stanley, Toy)

Mids: SWAN, BOYD, MONTAGNA, PENDLEBURY, WARD, BEWICK
(Swallow, Harris, Hibberd)

Ruck: SANDILANDS, COX (Smith, Bailey)

Forw: FRANKLIN, SYLVIA, GOODES, RIEWOLDT, PAVLICH, KRAKEOUR, RICHARDSON

Thought processes:
1) I've tried to include premiums from Melbourne, Sydney, Fremantle due to their byes occuring during multi-bye weeks.
2) I've avoided Carlton, Geelong, North Melbourne and Essendon premiums to their last byes occuring during league finals.
3) This leaves me with 15 premiums who ideally will not need to be traded unless injuries occur.
4) My midpricer - Callun Ward - should really step up to average around 85 this year and will result in atleast $120k price increase (equivalent to what one could expect from a rookie)
5) My decision to have Prestia and Krakeour up forward (hence not having a DPP link) is based on my belief that there are more quality midfield rookie options compared to forward options and hence ive attempted to get the best 17 rookies (or close to it) on the park.
Not a bad team mate. I personally am not a fan of Franklin as I appreciate players who are more consistent than big scorers. I also think that over thinking the bye's and DPP can hurt your team. The last 4 rounds of DT are 20 rounds away so avoiding players from those 4 teams now isn't really going to mean a hell of a lot in the long run in my opinion.

Anyway heres my side for comparison:

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Lower (Duigan, Hibberd, Toy)

Mids: Swan, Bartel, Swallow, Thomas, Cotchin, Bewick (Heppell, Atley, Curnow)

Rucks: Sandilands, McEvoy (Smith, Keefe)

Forwards: Sylvia, S. Johnson, N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Higgins, Hale, Krakeour (Darling, Matera, Richardson)

What do you guys think?

OK locked and loaded this is my final 4) My midpricer - Callun Ward - should really step up to average around 85 this year and will result in atleast $120k price increase (equivalent to what one could expect from a rookie)

The problem is a premium midfielder should be really averaging 100+. If your 6th midfielder is averaging 85 you are giving up a lot of points to the competition come seasons end.

Not a bad team mate. I personally am not a fan of Franklin as I appreciate players who are more consistent than big scorers. I also think that over thinking the bye's and DPP can hurt your team. The last 4 rounds of DT are 20 rounds away so avoiding players from those 4 teams now isn't really going to mean a hell of a lot in the long run in my opinion.

Anyway heres my side for comparison:

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Lower (Duigan, Hibberd, Toy)

Mids: Swan, Bartel, Swallow, Thomas, Cotchin, Bewick (Heppell, Atley, Curnow)

Rucks: Sandilands, McEvoy (Smith, Keefe)

Forwards: Sylvia, S. Johnson, N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Higgins, Hale, Krakeour (Darling, Matera, Richardson)

What do you guys think?

Wow, probably one of the dumber posts I have seen on here, Franklin not consistent?

67, 74, 98, 108, 96, 97, 83, 103, 130, 96, 110, 117, 75, 121, 103, 98, 114, 83, were his scores from last season. Not consistent at all?!! Anyone who does not have Franklin this year is kidding themselves, baring injury he will be without doubt in the top 2 scoring forwards come the end of the year. Enjoy not having him.

Apart from not having Franklin your team looks ok. Not sold on Adcock, McEvoy or Sylvia.

Wow, probably one of the dumber posts I have seen on here, Franklin not consistent?

You need to read BF a bit more if you think thats a dumb post on BF mate.

67, 74, 98, 108, 96, 97, 83, 103, 130, 96, 110, 117, 75, 121, 103, 98, 114, 83, were his scores from last season. Not consistent at all?!! Anyone who does not have Franklin this year is kidding themselves, baring injury he will be without doubt in the top 2 scoring forwards come the end of the year. Enjoy not having him.

Apart from not having Franklin your team looks ok. Not sold on Adcock, McEvoy or Sylvia.

Yeah I am not sold on those three either but thats dreamteam. Trade offs is the name of the game. Also checking those numbers pretty much proves I am right about Franklin. Only played 18 games and had quite a few poor performances.

You need to read BF a bit more if you think thats a dumb post on BF mate.

Yeah I am not sold on those three either but thats dreamteam. Trade offs is the name of the game. Also checking those numbers pretty much proves I am right about Franklin. Only played 18 games and had quite a few poor performances.

You are taking the piss if you think Franklin is not consistent. In 13 of those 18 games he scored 96 or more, a low of 96 and a high of 130, 2 in the 80s and 3 below that. You couldn't possibly believe what you are typing. Anyone who averages 100 in a season as a forward has to be consistent, simple as that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back