J Trengove
J Meesan

Fowards: Brent Harvey Matthew Pavlich Lance Franklin
Sean Rusling Shaun Higgins Hayden Skipworth Chris Yarran
S Sidebottem
T Rockcliff

I Have 92k left in the till.

What are your thoughts?

Woah. One of my template teams is nearly identical to yours mate. Same midfield, and forward line and most of the backs are the same too.

The only thing is that I have Cox instead of Hille.

Great minds think alike.

PS. 6# Mark Williams - I made my team without being a sheep and copying IsDonIsGoodes one. Just letting you know. :D
Haha yeah ive got about 5 or 6 saved with slight differences.

Funny about Mark Williams, im sure i rememeber him starting a bunch of threads late last year saying he had no idea about sc and wanted everyones opinions on everything... anywho i think the idea of this forum is for people to bounce ideas of each other and if you agree you'll generally keep in mind when making your own selections, if you don't well you can either flame them or preferably give your opinion on why you disagree and further discuss what would work better.

Disclaimer. I'm not trying to start up the whole JM v MW thing again :D

Afternoon all. This is my team so far. Still have $251,400 left in the bank. Thoughts?

Back: B. Goddard; C. Cornes; N. Malcevski; S. Hill;
A. Raines; J. Geary; J. Grimes [A. Rance; K. Klemke]

Mid: C. Judd; S. Pendlebury; N. Dal Santo; J. Selwood
B. Ebert; D. Rich [J. Steven; J. Van Berlo]

Rucks: D. Cox; J. White [B. McEvoy; J. Sellar]

Forwards: N. Riewoldt; M. Pavlich; J. Brown; C. Yarran
M. Richardson; J. Porplyzia; C. Rioli [N. Heyne; T. Walker]

Backs: S Fisher, C Newman, L Gilbee, J Adcock, S Stevens, N Malceski, S Hill
(EMG: N Suban, J Petrenko)

Midfielders: C Judd, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Griffen, H Skipworth, D Rich
(EMG: D Beams, M Robinson)

Rucks: D Cox, H McIntosh
(EMG: J Trengove, D Currie)

Forwards: M Pavlich, B Deledio, J Brown, J Porplyzia, S Lucas, S Higgins, C Yarran
(EMG: S Gumbleton, M Brown)

My newest team. I think it is better than my previous squad because now I don't have two rookies starting in the forward line and it seems a lot more balanced. I think I will take a risk with Skipworth, should I put him up forward for say Porplyzia and try get another solid midfielder. I got $31,800 left over.

What do you think?

Afternoon all. This is my team so far. Still have $251,400 left in the bank. Thoughts?

use the rest of your money mate, otherwise there could be a nice wooden spoon coming your way!

get another decent ruckman and fine tune your backline a little

Hey mate, not a bad team at all. Just thought i let u and everyone else know that i've been told to steer clear of mal from the swans by a source inside the club. Also told me that Mc Veigh will continue to get better he is slighty overpriced but a be worth the gamble! Also Simon Hogan from geelong is a must have on ur forward line or midfield bench.

Here's my team- i dont have Mc Veigh!

Backs: Hodge, Bowden, Gilbee, Cornes, Burgoyne, Myers, Hill
(O Keefe D- Suban)

Mids: Bartel, Judd, Delideo, Murphy, Selwood, Rich
(Swift-Muston)

Rucks: Leunberger, White
(Trengrove-Sellar)

Forwards: Pavlich, Franklin, Brown, Richardson, Lucas, Brown M, Gumbleton
(Hogan-Walker)

Very light on in the rucks but i have used this tactic in the past successfully, im happy to get about 100 combined from the two ruckmen. There will be alot of figiting before round one but yeh thats how it stands at the moment

Backs : Brendon Goddard, Lindsay Gilbee, Chad Cornes, Josh Drummond, Nick Malceski, Andrew Raines, Stephen Hill (Alex Rance, Rory Sloane)

Midfield : Jimmy Bartel, Chris Judd, Scott Pendlebury, Daniel Wells, Paul Hasleby, Daniel Rich (Patrick Dangerfield, Mitch Robinson)

Rucks : Brad Ottens, Troy Simmonds (Jesse White, Daniel Currie)

Forwards : Matthew Pavlich, Jonathan Brown, Jarred Brennan, Ryan Houlihan, Kyle Reimers, Shaun Higgins, Hayden Skipworth (Scott Gumbleton, Jarrad Grant)

What does everyone think?

use the rest of your money mate, otherwise there could be a nice wooden spoon coming your way!

get another decent ruckman and fine tune your backline a little

Thanks, definitely want to spend the cash and rucks are an issue. Any ideas on the backline fine tuning?

(O Keefe D- Suban)

(Swift-Muston)

(Trengrove-Sellar)

(Hogan-Walker)

Very light on in the rucks but i have used this tactic in the past successfully, im happy to get about 100 combined from the two ruckmen. There will be alot of figiting before round one but yeh thats how it stands at the moment

I think you should take out J Bartel and try get a 400k player (R Griffen possibly). Then with the extra cash upgrade one of M Brown or S Gumbleton in the forward line, even upgrading Walker and having one of the other two on the bench. That way you don't have two real young blokes starting on the field in your forward line. :thumbsu:

What do you think of my team by the way?

Backs: S Fisher, C Newman, L Gilbee, J Adcock, S Stevens, N Malceski, S Hill
(EMG: N Suban, J Petrenko)

Midfielders: C Judd, S Pendlebury, J Selwood, R Griffen, H Skipworth, D Rich
(EMG: D Beams, M Robinson)

Rucks: D Cox, H McIntosh
(EMG: J Trengove, D Currie)

Forwards: M Pavlich, B Deledio, J Brown, J Porplyzia, S Lucas, S Higgins, C Yarran
(EMG: S Gumbleton, M Brown)

My newest team. I think it is better than my previous squad because now I don't have two rookies starting in the forward line and it seems a lot more balanced. I think I will take a risk with Skipworth, should I put him up forward for say Porplyzia and try get another solid midfielder. I got $31,800 left over.

What do you think?

Pretty good, only 3 things I'd think about.

1. Yarran, he's a starter in your team and is no certainty to play round 1.
2. Malceski, obviously the fitness concern, prob worth the risk.
3. Bench players, will they play at all, I have same problem at the moment.

Other then that, almost perfect, could leave it as is for now if you want to take the risk with Malceski and Yarran.

Thanks, definitely want to spend the cash and rucks are an issue. Any ideas on the backline fine tuning?

just think you need a little more depth there, Petterd from melbourne and adcock from brissy are good value. with Malceski,S. Hill, Raines; J. Geary, Grimes, Rance; K. Klemke doesnt look like a high scoring backline.

you also have a lot of st Kilda first or second year players in your reserves and on the field. Do you really expect st kilda to blood so many youngsters so early on in the season. i know you may be biased but you should look at youngsters who are going to play such as ziebell, Swift, Masten etc. The reserves are where you can get your value from.

with your ruck department i dont think you can go past ottens, hes fairly cheap and should score 90+ points week in week out. you have White in there i think he'l be lucky to score 30 every week

Hey mate, not a bad team at all. Just thought i let u and everyone else know that i've been told to steer clear of mal from the swans by a source inside the club. Also told me that Mc Veigh will continue to get better he is slighty overpriced but a be worth the gamble! Also Simon Hogan from geelong is a must have on ur forward line or midfield bench.

(O Keefe D- Suban)

(Swift-Muston)

(Trengrove-Sellar)

(Hogan-Walker)

good team mate, as for the ruckmen thing mi with u on that i have done the same 100 points cimbined is my aim too, no opint spending big money on them

id swap deledio into the forward line for lucas and with the left over money get on clinto young in the midfield... pretty much u have to decide Lucas VS young and id go for young, his put on 4kg this presason and is set for a big 1

save a bit of money on bartle i think aswell, downgrade him and upgrade another forward or defender thats ur only issue

my team
Backs
Cornes, FIsher, Malceski, Birchall, Adcock, Hill, Ellis

Midfield
Judd, Mitchell, Griffen, Kerr, Rich, Young

Rucks
Luenburger, Kruzer

Forwards
Reiwolt, Boomer , Pavlish, OKeefe, Deledio, Higgins and yarran

i think im done for my team for the by any suiggestions im listeing too

Pretty good, only 3 things I'd think about.

1. Yarran, he's a starter in your team and is no certainty to play round 1.
2. Malceski, obviously the fitness concern, prob worth the risk.
3. Bench players, will they play at all, I have same problem at the moment.

Other then that, almost perfect, could leave it as is for now if you want to take the risk with Malceski and Yarran.

Thanks for the advice mate, I see what you're saying. The bench players were just quickies of what everyone has picked basically, will sit down and watch some NAB Cup before I really decide on my young guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boys, I would appreciate some feedback on my line up. I rekon it'll be pretty competitive at this early stage..

Backs:
Goddard Bock C.Cornes Adcock Surjan R. Houlihan M.Tyler
(Rance, Suban)

Centres:
Cross Pendlebury J. Selwood van Berlo S. Higgins Rich
(Ziebel, Dangerfield)

Rucks:
Cox Jolly (Trengrove Vickery)

Forwards:
B. Harvey Pavlich Deledio Giansiracusa Lucas Hentschel S.Sidebottom (Gumbleton M.Brown - West coasts)

Still got $66,500 in the bank, what are your thoughts???

just think you need a little more depth there, Petterd from melbourne and adcock from brissy are good value. with Malceski,S. Hill, Raines; J. Geary, Grimes, Rance; K. Klemke doesnt look like a high scoring backline.

you also have a lot of st Kilda first or second year players in your reserves and on the field. Do you really expect st kilda to blood so many youngsters so early on in the season. i know you may be biased but you should look at youngsters who are going to play such as ziebell, Swift, Masten etc. The reserves are where you can get your value from.

with your ruck department i dont think you can go past ottens, hes fairly cheap and should score 90+ points week in week out. you have White in there i think he'l be lucky to score 30 every week

Cheers mate, appreciate the advice.

Boys, I would appreciate some feedback on my line up. I rekon it'll be pretty competitive at this early stage..

Backs:
Goddard Bock C.Cornes Adcock Surjan R. Houlihan M.Tyler
(Rance, Suban)

Centres:
Cross Pendlebury J. Selwood van Berlo S. Higgins Rich
(Ziebel, Dangerfield)

Rucks:
Cox Jolly (Trengrove Vickery)

Forwards:
B. Harvey Pavlich Deledio Giansiracusa Lucas Hentschel S.Sidebottom (Gumbleton M.Brown - West coasts)

Still got $66,500 in the bank, what are your thoughts???

Center line is pretty good, Cross is solid as so that is a good start. I would try get Higgins in the forward for maybe Gia or Hentschel and try get another premium midfielder. Get Vickery out of ruck for a cheaper emergency as well. As well as this I'd be trying to get another premium defender. The best way is to just tinker around and you will get the right mix. :thumbsu:

EDIT: Almost forgot, get Harvey out of the team. He is way overpriced and you could really use the money to make other areas a lot stronger.

What do you think of my team by the way?

i know what you mean but mcmahon scores fairly high for his money.. 100+ most weeks.
and ablett absolute gun player yet for his price to stay where it is hes gonna have to score around 150 each week.

Backs:

Fisher, Gilbee, Cornes, Adcock, Malceski, Raines, Petterd (Collier, Suban)

Mids:

Bartel, Pendlebury, Kerr, Haselby, Reilly, Rich (Sidebottom, Dangerfield)

Rucks:

Hille, Ottens (Trengrove, Currie)

Forwards:

Pavlich, O'Keefe, Deledio, Porplyzia, Lucas, Higgins, Ziebell (Ballantyne, Gumbleton)

Fisher S-$544,700 Mattner M-$528,500 Gilbee L-$526,100
Defenders Bench-Croad T-$274,900
Drummond J-$481,200 Ellis X-$394,300 Hansen L-$294,500

Power L-$567,700 Kerr D-$482,100 Cousins B-$465,000
Midfielders Bench-Ziebell J-$134,200
Cotchin T-$360,000 Selwood T-$292,400

Hille D-$473,000
Rucks
Bench-Naitanui N-$169,200

Franklin L-$576,000 Deledio B-$550,400 Murphy R-$498,400
Forwards Bench-Tippett K-$282,600
Bradshaw D-$493,700 Medhurst P-$473,800 McKinley B-$364,600

Reserves
Hurley M-$154,200 Gallman G-$94,200
Beams D-$94,200 Francis T-$89,400
Pyke M-$83,400 Bock C-$83,400
Murphy B-$83,400 Dzufer D-$83,400

I completely disagree with this statement.

Mid-tier players that turn into keepers are worth their weight in gold. They are hardly a waste.

Technically, a gun player who maintains his average over the year, will earn you -10% of his salary over the year... sounds more like a waste to me...

If you do your homework you will be able to find $100,000 (or so) players who will be around the $350-400,000 mark be season end, and score the same as current mid-priced players. If you choose say a Shaun Higgins at $223,400, he has a fair chance of averaging 80 or so....effectively meaning you've saved around $150,000 by not buying a player already averaging 80.

By stacking yourself with $350,000 or so players you are just forcing yourself to make a bucket load of trades later in the season which you can't afford to do. Your round 1 team needs as many keepers as possible - trades are invaluable.

Why would a gun player lose 10%? If you choose wiseley, your gun will not drop. You don't have buy rediculously priced players like Hodge to have a "gun". $500,000-$550,000 can net you an extremely good and reliable player.

My current team:

Backs - Goddard, Gilbee, C. Cornes, H. Shaw, Malceski, Houlihan, S. Hill (Trengove, O'Keeffe)

Midfield - Judd, Pendleburry, S. Thompson, Dal Santo, Kerr, Rich (Dangerfield, Robinson)

Rucks - Ottens, McIntosh (Currie, J. White)

Forwards - Pavlich, Deledio, J. Brown, Lucas, Veszpremi, Higgins, Yarran (Sidebottom, Gumbleton)

If you do your homework you will be able to find $100,000 (or so) players who will be around the $350-400,000 mark be season end, and score the same as current mid-priced players. If you choose say a Shaun Higgins at $223,400, he has a fair chance of averaging 80 or so....effectively meaning you've saved around $150,000 by not buying a player already averaging 80.

By stacking yourself with $350,000 or so players you are just forcing yourself to make a bucket load of trades later in the season which you can't afford to do. Your round 1 team needs as many keepers as possible - trades are invaluable.

Why would a gun player lose 10%? If you choose wiseley, your gun will not drop. You don't have buy rediculously priced players like Hodge to have a "gun". $500,000-$550,000 can net you an extremely good and reliable player.

My current team:

Backs - Goddard, Gilbee, C. Cornes, H. Shaw, Malceski, Houlihan, S. Hill (Trengove, O'Keeffe)

Midfield - Judd, Pendleburry, S. Thompson, Dal Santo, Kerr, Rich (Dangerfield, Robinson)

Forwards - Pavlich, Deledio, J. Brown, Lucas, Veszpremi, Higgins, Yarran (Sidebottom, Gumbleton)

Because the Magic number reduces by roughly 10% by round 8...

So, if a player averages 100. You pay 540k for them at seasons start. However, by round 8, a player averaging 100 will only cost 500k (roughly)... a 10% loss (roughly)

Say we have 600k to spend.
You buy a rookie and a 500k keeper.
I buy two 300k guys.

Now in your eyes, the 90k rookie is going to be worth 400k and be a piece of cake to upgrade.
In your eyes, the two 300k guys are going to need to be traded.

In my eyes- what if they average 85? or 90?
Suddenly, I'm up on you. because as you said, I've done my homework and found some 300k guys that can increase in value.

Meanwhile, I've got my bench stacked with the cream of the crop- so while you're playing the good rookies, and have your bench stacked with the second best- I've got my bench stacked with good rookies.

The thing is, they're both valid strategies mate. But they both require a simple rule. Do your homework.

My current team:

One of the better teams i've seen. :thumbsu:

I know I have a few smokeys, I don't like to have the same list as everyone else though!
What do you think? Have I gone a bit to stupid?

B: Hodge -- Bock -- Mackie -- J.Mcmahon-- M.Clarke -- A.Mcphee -- S.Hill (Em: Sierakowski & B.Murphy) M: Judd -- C.Cornes-- J.Selwood -- K.Cornes -- N.Foley -- Rich (Em: Ziebell & Beams) R: H.Mcintosh -- Warnock (EM: Vickery & Bailey) F: Franklin -- Richardson -- Deledio -- Medhurst -- Rioli -- Yarran -- Sidebottom (Em: Laidler & Gumbleton)

made a few changes.. what you guys think now

Backline seems quite solid although Adcock hasn't convinced this forum completely but I like him for the $

Mixed up midfield could pay off. I've read in this forum Dangerfield could be injured first up? Having said that I havn't replaced him in mine yet.

Could upgrade Kruezer given the money you have left. I doubt Nait will play a heap.

Fev - bit of a gamble, very up and down.

thx for the advice..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back