Post Your Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gia, Adams, Kruezer and McIntosh IMO wont be premium keepers and if you're going for the top prize will need to be traded

Gia can easily average 90+ this year. He wasn't that great last year and still managed to average 88. New coach, new game style which appears to involve a lot of short kicks, (i.e Hawthorn), so he can easily manage to improve his output by at least 5+ppg, which would put him in keeper status.

He has had a monster pre-season by all reports and its obvious watching him in the NAB cup, which is has scored very well in so far.

BAC: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Heppell, Fisher, B.Ellis & Darley [Morris & Wilkes]
CTR: Pendlebury, Selwood, Redden, Gibbs, D.Smith, Neale [Magner & Gibson]
RUC: Cox, Leunberger [Giles & Stephenson]
FWD: Zaharakis, Martin, Lewis, Sidebottom, Porplysia, Saad, Cameron [Weedon & Couch]

Thoughts appreciated :)

BAC: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Heppell, Fisher, B.Ellis & Darley [Morris & Wilkes]
FWD: Zaharakis, Martin, Lewis, Sidebottom, Porplysia, Saad, Cameron [Weedon & Couch]

Love it mate!

Quite different to a lot of teams here. I like the unique aspect of it and its fairly well balanced.

Keep an eye out on Porps, he is a risk given his history, but if he can perform like he did last week and stay on the park, then he will be a great pick up!

Gia, Adams, Kruezer and McIntosh IMO wont be premium keepers and if you're going for the top prize will need to be traded

I had Kruezer from Rd 1 in 2010, he was averaging 80 up until the game he got injured in the 1st 1/4, which bought his average down to 75. Last year he was a bit too heavy when he came back from injury. Had a high scoring game on his return then few shit scores before getting injured again.

My point is, he's a lot lighter this year (compared to last year) and has had a solid pre-season. No reason why he won't average 85-90 this year, even with a shared ruck role. I'm seriously considering him as my R2.

is this team even valid.. alot of big names with big prices

Love it mate!

Quite different to a lot of teams here. I like the unique aspect of it and its fairly well balanced.

Keep an eye out on Porps, he is a risk given his history, but if he can perform like he did last week and stay on the park, then he will be a great pick up!

Appreciate it :thumbsu:

Porps is in their as I can't really see another likely forward rookie with his team security, yes he could get injured but that seems worth the risk in comparison to picking a rookie that will play.

is this team even valid.. alot of big names with big prices

It is but the price I pay is 3 rookies and no Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Johnson, Franklin or Chapman.

Appreciate it :thumbsu:

Porps is in their as I can't really see another likely forward rookie with his team security, yes he could get injured but that seems worth the risk in comparison to picking a rookie that will play.

It is but the price I pay is 3 rookies and no Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Johnson, Franklin or Chapman.

fair.. i acctually didnt notice no franklin as he is standard in all teams

I had Kruezer from Rd 1 in 2010, he was averaging 80 up until the game he got injured in the 1st 1/4, which bought his average down to 75. Last year he was a bit too heavy when he came back from injury. Had a high scoring game on his return then few shit scores before getting injured again.

My point is, he's a lot lighter this year (compared to last year) and has had a solid pre-season. No reason why he won't average 85-90 this year, even with a shared ruck role. I'm seriously considering him as my R2.

If you think that, than he should already be in your team.

Lighter, heavier - meh

BACKS: Broughton, Yarran, Burgoyne, Conca, Hargrave, Guthrie, Ellis BENCH: Smedts, Bugg

MIDS: Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Dal santo, Fyfe, Bartel, BENCH: Magner, Neale

RUCKS: Leuenberger, McIntosh BENCH: Giles, Stepenson

FORWARDS Franklin, Martin,Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Rohan, D Smith, Zorko?? BENCH A Hall, Couch

I did say premium keepers

For me that is

Backs - 85+
Mids - 110+
Rucks - 95+
Forwards - 90+

Dont get me wrong I think kruezer is in for a good season. I have him in my rucks at the moment. I just dont think he'll be in the top 3 rucks at the end of the season which for me means he wont be a premium keeper

Just messing around with this ATM...

Goddard, Duffield, Grimes, Conca, Lake, Hargrave, M Clarke,
Ellis, Bugg
Ablett, Selwood, S Thompson, Montagna, Hayes, Magner,
Neale, Gibson
McIntosh, Giles,
Redden, Stephensen
Pavlich, Martin, Giansiracusa, Harvey, N Reiwoldt, Green, Christensen,
D Smith, Couch.

Thoughts?

Just messing around with this ATM...

Goddard, Duffield, Grimes, Conca, Lake, Hargrave, M Clarke,
Ellis, Bugg
Ablett, Selwood, S Thompson, Montagna, Hayes, Magner,
Neale, Gibson
McIntosh, Giles,
Redden, Stephensen
Pavlich, Martin, Giansiracusa, Harvey, N Reiwoldt, Green, Christensen,
D Smith, Couch.

Thoughts?

First thought is if you're going to go with a one ruck strategy I'd suggest making sure that ruck is a guaranteed keeper not a possible keeper.

First thought is if you're going to go with a one ruck strategy I'd suggest making sure that ruck is a guaranteed keeper not a possible keeper.

McIntosh's DT scoring record in 2009 & 2010 suggests he is very much a keeper. Jew might have had a good season last year, but he'll be back to #2 this year where he belongs, once HMac hits his straps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEF: GODDARD, SHAW, DELEDIO, BIRCHALL, HARGRAVE, DARLEY, BUGG (Mohr, Ellis)

MID: SWAN, BOYD, ABLETT, ROCKLIFF, HOGAN, MAGNER (Neale, Gibson)

RUCK: JACOBS, GILES ( Big O, J.Redden)

FWD: FRANKLIN, FYFE, MARTIN, ROBINSON, ZAHARAKIS, PORPLYZIA, D.SMITH (Hall, Couch)

Thoughts?? Anyone? tear it to shreds :)

DEF: GODDARD, SHAW, DELEDIO, BIRCHALL, HARGRAVE, DARLEY, BUGG (Mohr, Ellis)

MID: SWAN, BOYD, ABLETT, ROCKLIFF, HOGAN, MAGNER (Neale, Gibson)

RUCK: JACOBS, GILES ( Big O, J.Redden)

FWD: FRANKLIN, FYFE, MARTIN, ROBINSON, ZAHARAKIS, PORPLYZIA, D.SMITH (Hall, Couch)

Thoughts?? Anyone? tear it to shreds :)

Not sure on Robinson, seems to have a few issues going on, he seems to much of a risk at this stage.

Also keep an eye out on Porps, he is a fair risk as well.

Overall its a good team.

Re: Post Your Team Part 2

Are you serious? Did you read any of the part 1 thread? That team is terribly balanced. Though it is a simple fix... shifting some backline premiums into fwd premiums and fwd rookies into back rookies....

Zorko and Treloar unsighted and unlikely to play rnd 1.... though supposably Treloar will be 'alright' for rnd 1... wouldn't bet on it.

I can understand if you dont like the team but I dont see how it is unbalanced
Also half the rookies will be gone when I see the teams for round 1

I did say premium keepers

For me that is

Backs - 85+
Mids - 110+
Rucks - 95+
Forwards - 90+

Dont get me wrong I think kruezer is in for a good season. I have him in my rucks at the moment. I just dont think he'll be in the top 3 rucks at the end of the season which for me means he wont be a premium keeper

You do realise that only 6 backs avg over that last year that played enough games to be "keepers"

Is Minson too risky to have as my first ruck? I have him and Giles together as R1 & R2.

I also really want to play Kerr as my M4, I really do believe he's in sensational nick coming into this season and could easily average 90+ until our bye from which I'll upgrade him (or if he gets injured prior) - worth the risk?

B - Scotland, Goddard, Enright, Deledio, Grimes, Hargrave, Ellis, [Darley, Morris]
M - Swan, Ablett, Gibbs, Shiel, Stevens, McDonald, [Magner, Gibson]
R - Cox, McIntosh, [Giles, Stephensen]
F - Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Martin, Dangerfield, Winderlich, Pfeiffer, [Treloar, Smedts]

You do realise that only 6 backs avg over that last year that played enough games to be "keepers"

This year it will jump to at least 8 imo which means 85+ is a premium keeper score.

When I say premium keeer I mean premium. If someones averaging 80 then thats probably going to be fine as your 6th or 7th back. So they may be a keeper but not under a premium keeper

This year it will jump to at least 8 imo which means 85+ is a premium keeper score.

When I say premium keeer I mean premium. If someones averaging 80 then thats probably going to be fine as your 6th or 7th back. So they may be a keeper but not under a premium keeper

So your banking on the hope that there will be players that increase. As much as the chance of players in creasing to 85 you have the same chance that players will drop below that 85.

Okay so those number ranges dont really seem to mean alot than?

For me a keeper is the same as a premium. If i want to highlight the difference between a SJ (premium keeper by your standards) and a Zaharkis (just a keeper by you) i say SJ is a top end premium.

I guess we all have different definitions. But the point im getting across is you dont need your players to avg 85+ backs, 110+ mids, 95+ rucks, 90+ forwards for them to be "keepers" thus the meaning of the word kept. Only 2 rucks avg over 95 last year aswell. Where as Jacobs was by every right a keeper at 87 or whatever he avg.

B - Scotland, Goddard, Enright, Deledio, Grimes, Hargrave, Ellis, [Darley, Morris]
M - Swan, Ablett, Gibbs, Shiel, Stevens, McDonald, [Magner, Gibson]
R - Cox, McIntosh, [Giles, Stephensen]
F - Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Martin, Dangerfield, Winderlich, Pfeiffer, [Treloar, Smedts]

I am still toying with the Scotland and Goddard. I think there is better value for money with other players. But the upside is they can be traded for round 11 bye rookies who, by then would have a track record, and free up some cash for ultra high scoring forwards or mids for the tail end of the season. But I guess the same is true or the other backmen I have in mind... Don't get me wrong I think Scotland will score well, but not that much more than other options at a lower price.

nice, not sure about deledio as richmond have such a tough draw wonder if there is better value around. sidebum and porps have been in and out of my team and lewis is unique. also not sure bout neale, magner,gibson playing 1st round. hope you got a few K left just in case.

BACKS: Broughton, Yarran, Burgoyne, Conca, Hargrave, Guthrie, Ellis BENCH: Smedts, Bugg

MIDS: Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Dal santo, Fyfe, Bartel, BENCH: Magner, Neale

RUCKS: Leuenberger, McIntosh BENCH: Giles, Stepenson

FORWARDS Franklin, Martin,Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Rohan, D Smith, Zorko?? BENCH A Hall, Couch

good team, backs are bit short. i think there is 12-13 keepers u might need use too many trades to get a great team. think you could use fyfe DPP drop rohan and pick up another rookie and maybe change one of your backs to a premium, i think yarran, dont reckon he will play much of a scoring role in real season once carlton go full strength

i think hmac will be a keeper. looking real good pre season. i love what goldy did last year but if hmac if fit he is a better player round the ground and scott will use him as number 1

he is a proven DT elite in the past. My only concern like kreuzer is returning from injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post Your Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back