Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

As fans we are not always “on the money”, but how the faark do the bookies still have us $6 second favourites to win the flag??
Given our last 2 games (and remember we only just got over the top of the edgeless bombers), I wldve thought we’d be around 5th or 6th favourites, and behind teams like Melbourne, Carlton, Geelong & Port??

Thoughts?
I think bookies hurt their brains trying to think about it and gave up. From one view, Melbourne is the only decent win we've had, given the rubbish of the Pies, Dons, Eagles. And Melbourne arguably were underdone in R1
The other view is the comp is very even and not much separates 15th from 1st. You can only beat who's in front of you and we had just one loss by less than a goal. Our percentage is pretty reasonable. Plus it looks like we're understrength without Parker, Mills and Rampe.

Taking all these factors into account... no idea.

As fans we are not always “on the money”, but how the faark do the bookies still have us $6 second favourites to win the flag??
Given our last 2 games (and remember we only just got over the top of the edgeless bombers), I wldve thought we’d be around 5th or 6th favourites, and behind teams like Melbourne, Carlton, Geelong & Port??

Thoughts?
The Carlton hype will build & the umps will get on board.

Carlton is the value bet.

Swans are unders.

The Carlton hype will build & the umps will get on board.

Carlton is the value bet.

Swans are unders.
Yep it's certainly looking that way so far, but there's a long season ahead and it's up to the likes of us, Giants, Dee's to make it a non-issue.

I don't think the umps are swayed by the afl or there's anything actually sinister behind their so blatantly obvious bias, but you would assume they read, watch and listen to media reports and subconsciously they start to see things from whatever the media darlings perspective is.
I will die on the hill of belief that that is exactly what happened in 2016.

Last edited:
How good are we going Rusty.
Money for Nothing started this.
Okay getting thread ideas for your top 10 favs and then the top 10 live , leave me to it.
Actually Wolfgang West and the bay city rollers . wow
All in jest although when I was a teen boy on the bus on the way home to Baghdad with the young ladies from Kilbride College of course I was a Bay City Rollers Fan 😉
Actually Little River Band one of my favourites had a couple of band members that were Swans supporters with
Derek Pellici the drummer often taking to the stage in his South Jumper.
Glenn Wheatley the manager a Bloods man from way back as well. Very underrated band. Big in the US.

Last edited:
All in jest although when I was a teen boy on the bus on the way home to Baghdad with the young ladies from Kilbride College of course I was a Bay City Rollers Fan 😉
Actually Little River Band one of my favourites had a couple of band members that were Swans supporters with
Derek Pellici the drama often taking to the stage in his South Jumper.
Glenn Wheatley the manager a Bloods man from way back as well. Very underrated band. Big in the US.
the Baghdad bit will get them in , great area without do gooders

Had forgotten that in 1982, first season playing full time in Sydney for the club, they were still known as South Melbourne until June that year. From June until the end of the season they were simply known as the Swans.

Was only from 1983 onward that the club was known as the Sydney Swans.

I was driving past Brighton Homes Arena in Springfield last night as I often do. For those of you who dont know, this is the Brisbane Lions new training ground. it is also used for VFL and AFLW matches as well as other events. Last night there was a match on between South-East QLD Army vs Queensland Fire Emergency Services. Not sure what exactly happened, but as i was driving past, it looked as thought someone was being air lifted to hospital as a helicopter took off from the middle of the stadium. i could have it completely wrong and this may have been part of the activities but it didnt look that way from the outside. The activities dont list a helicopter on their website.

Activities:
Fireworks post-games.
ANZAC Ceremony between games.
The basketball court will have QAS ambulances, QPS police bikes, Army Boxer, PMV and G-wagon as static display, plus several specialized fire fighting vehicles.
Defence force and QFES will have recruiting gazebos and the SES will have a display including a rescue boat and fully kitted out rescue truck.

Hi, general question for the locals, I’ve been living in Sydney for a bit and meaning to go to a game and take my family. I’m thinking of the swans v giants game in a cpl of weeks.

Do those games get packed? Thinking I would prefer to go to a game that’s not packed out as I’m taking my young daughter and at some stage mumma will likely take her for a walk around or they’ll be watching bluey and don’t want to do that and piss off people sitting next to us.

Otherwise I’ll go to a quieter game later.

Hi, general question for the locals, I’ve been living in Sydney for a bit and meaning to go to a game and take my family. I’m thinking of the swans v giants game in a cpl of weeks.

Do those games get packed? Thinking I would prefer to go to a game that’s not packed out as I’m taking my young daughter and at some stage mumma will likely take her for a walk around or they’ll be watching bluey and don’t want to do that and piss off people sitting next to us.

There was a crowd of just over 35K today for the Suns. I'd expect a bigger crowd for the Giants, although possibly today might have been affected by it being school holidays. Capacity is about 45K (we only got 40K for the much hyped opening round). So, yes I'd expect it will be fairly packed.

There are places you can go away from the seats (but then you'd only be able to watch the game on a screen). Also, maybe the Bluey watcher could use headphones? - can't imagine other crowd members would have a problem with that.

Incidentally, AFLW games at Henson park are perfect for taking the family to. I realise the comp doesn't start for a while.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Son took wife and three kids (1, 2, 4) to today's game. Only 4 watches screen with headphones. Parents amuse the littlies. No problem. People are cool. Row E by the aisle makes a difference.

The King! i really need to know how was the 15km run ? Did you finish it in under 60 minutes ?

I like fast posters.

😂

Was 30 minute warm up jog then 5 lots of 10 minutes at moderate for 9 mins with 1 min walk

so was technically like 14.5

but yeah not really quick sorry like 5:00-5:10 pace for the mod pace parts 😂

Interval training - or Fartlek. That’s impressive. You might be the fastest poster on this board lol.

Unlikely 😂

only did sub 20 for 5k once- think i'd be jogging around with Reid and Parker and the injured guys

Friday 13Th Superstition GIF by AIDES

How much PTSD would you experience if GF day this year was Swans Cats

Would depend on the outcome.

I was just saying to my mate at the Suns game yesterday that I would enjoy knocking the Cats out of the finals this year but I was undecided about whether I'd prefer it to be in the granny or sooner - ultimately I decided sooner would be better and I'd like to beat GWS in the granny.

Would depend on the outcome.

I was just saying to my mate at the Suns game yesterday that I would enjoy knocking the Cats out of the finals this year but I was undecided about whether I'd prefer it to be in the granny or sooner - ultimately I decided sooner would be better and I'd like to beat GWS in the granny.

i think we'll prove a better, faster team than geelong this season and beyond, they're going well but i don't think they're the same geelong as 2022 and i don't fear them ...
i'd like to beat them because i friggin despise them, and i'd prefer we stop them even making finals rather than beat them in a gf, but if it comes to that, well, we'll just have to beat them in that last match of the year
this season, because of the media hype you could sense was building from a year ago, i'd like to smash carlton in the gf
but let's be honest, we win the gf and who cares who it is we beat?! we'll be the deserved premiers, cmon!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back