Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd prefer if he was defensive coach.

Id prefer if ex player of ours actually stayed like that sometimes. Why on earth do we keep getting linked to guys just cos they played for us, it doesnt mean they are the best coaches....

Id prefer if ex player of ours actually stayed like that sometimes. Why on earth do we keep getting linked to guys just cos they played for us, it doesnt mean they are the best coaches....

Love to have him back as a defensive coach though. Zac would benefit enormously.

Would love to get Max back at the club but surely it would only be as an assistant coach at this stage, even Harvey would have more credentials and coaching experience than him.

could be Sumich

i think it is

No thanks. I think Sumich is now in the Brian Royal basket, has been passed over for too many senior coaching positions and will just remain a career assistant coach.

Watters or Hinkley would be my two preferred candidates, both have coached their own premiership teams at lower levels, have been assistants at AFL clubs which have won premierships and are highly regarded in the industry. They tick all the right boxes.

Would love to get Max back at the club but surely it would only be as an assistant coach at this stage, even Harvey would have more credentials and coaching experience than him.

No thanks. I think Sumich is now in the Brian Royal basket, has been passed over for too many senior coaching positions and will just remain a career assistant coach.

Watters or Hinkley would be my two preferred candidates.......They tick all the right boxes.

From memory Sumich has applied for one senior job - Ess, when Knights got the nod. He recently said re the Saints job -

"I am thinking about that one – I will weigh it up.
I have kept very quiet of late, weighing up my options, because I am not going to jump into every job going around.

I want to make sure it is the right one, and the club think I am the right person – so I might have a chat to St Kilda.......”

My thoughts are the same as day one, Watters, Richardson and Harvey.

I'm a massive Max fan, but he's too inexperienced to be head coach right now.
Defense Coach - Oh Yeah.
Would LOVE him as a defensive coach... and wouldn't be immensely heartbroken if he was to get the top job, with an experienced assistant.

Love to have him back as a defensive coach though. Zac would benefit enormously.
Given 2009, Zac could probably expect some PAIN on the training track, I should think.

Yea he would be handy for Zac, but with Harvey & King as assistants do we have room for Max aswell. ;);)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must be the only one who despises Max.

There is so much hate for Luke Ball, but it was Max who took our gameplan and gave it to the feral scum which they used to win a ****ing premiership AGAINST US ffs.

I'd much sooner welcome Ball back to the club than Max tbh. (not that I'd welcome either)

Edit: Max wasn't even a full time coach. Literally the only thing he was there for was to give the filth our gameplan and teach their defenders how to play on Roo.

There is so much hate for Luke Ball, but it was Max who took our gameplan and gave it to the feral scum which they used to win a ****ing premiership AGAINST US ffs.

I'd much sooner welcome Ball back to the club than Max tbh. (not that I'd welcome either)
Why hold it against him? Collingwood offered him a job and he took it, we didn't offer him a job, he didn't walk out on us.

Edit: Max wasn't even a full time coach. Literally the only thing he was there for was to give the filth our gameplan and teach their defenders how to play on Roo.

calm-down-bro.jpg

I understand why people may think that about Max, but he was just doing his job, and if he hadn't given them that information he wouldn't have been doing his job properly. If he came back to the Saints, I'm sure that he'd be more than willing to detail the intricacies of Collingwood's gameplan to us.

Wow he must have held clinics for most of the teams in the AFL last summer.

I really, really don't want to get into an argument about this but I'm happy to adress each of your posts.

saintsrfreak: True, but imo there are just unforgiveables. An American defected to the Russians during the Cold War to work as a double agent isn't then given a second chance to come back and work for the Americans again, giving them Russian secrets. He is given life without parole, and 23 hours a day in solitary confinement at the ADMAX facility.

For me, this is a similar situation.

L2M4G: Any reason you quoted my post but didn't actually reply to it?

thomas m18: Agree that he had to give them the information when in the role, but imo the role itself is akin to my analogy above.

And if he came back he would be able to give Collingwoods gameplan to us, but what use is that.

'Ok guys, they are just using your game plan revolving around the rolling zone and pressure but they can do it better because they have over the top facilities, an expensive recruiting department and the ability to rort the salary cap through 3rd party deals and all their players are much fitter and faster.'

Useless as **** on a bull AFAIK.

Edit: SS: 1 the delivery has been pretty terrible all year to him, and second hands in the back does not apply to Roo this year. However when he does it the umpires are more than happy to pay a free against. All any defender does now is push him under the ball, a technique that the scum used in the GF that others have decided to copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back