Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that's great we are going to get a guy who played in a team that ko'ed Nathan Burke and David Grant in a crucial Elimination Final. A guy that Lazar Vidovic knocked to the ground and milked the clock for all it was worth. Now he's going to be our next coach.

Just great, ****ing great

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-get-ken-hinkley-now/story-e6frf9jf-1226143096631

Ridiculous

I still remember him walking him out in 2001 when Blight got sacked. Hard to forget for some reason.

Would rather somebody that absolutely bleeds red+white+black rather than a coach with a proven track record.

This is a romantic notion, but not necessarily the best option
It hasn't done that well for us in the past (Baldock, GT ... say what you want but he at least thinks he has the Saints at heart). And doesn't do that well for other clubs either

Lyon didn't give a stuff about the club, yet got us to two GFs (I don't count the draw). Bottom line, we need someone that can coach

Getting in a Saints man through and through makes them that harder to knife in the back in a few years :rolleyes:

I heard that the Saints may have salary cap problems. If so, and you get Malthouse, and then trade Stephen Milne, and solve two problems at once!

You heard that did you? Geez, we're in awful strife aren't we? Better trade Milne who is on the veterans list (and not taking up cap space)!!!

Think about it, why set Harvey up as an interim coach, when there is no training or games?

Think about it? You first.

Who does the player assessment debrief for over 40 players? Who sets the plans and expectations for players when they go on their break? Who starts to fomulate training plans for when they return? Who is going to work closely with Pelchen to ensure that the right direction is being taken with list management?

The cleaner? The local bus driver? That guy who sometimes sleeps on the oval?

You heard that did you? Geez, we're in awful strife aren't we? Better trade Milne who is on the veterans list (and not taking up cap space)!!!

Think about it? You first.

Who does the player assessment debrief for over 40 players? Who sets the plans and expectations for players when they go on their break? Who starts to fomulate training plans for when they return? Who is going to work closely with Pelchen to ensure that the right direction is being taken with list management?

The cleaner? The local bus driver? That guy who sometimes sleeps on the oval?

nah mate, I'm busy
that's why I asked Harves to look after it for me

Oh that's great we are going to get a guy who played in a team that ko'ed Nathan Burke and David Grant in a crucial Elimination Final. A guy that Lazar Vidovic knocked to the ground and milked the clock for all it was worth. Now he's going to be our next coach.

Just great, ****ing great

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-get-ken-hinkley-now/story-e6frf9jf-1226143096631

Ridiculous

If Burkey doesn't mind, I don't mind
In fact, even if Burkey does mind, I don't mind, if he's the best available person and wants to bring success to the St Kilda footy club

Live and let live and all that :)

I believe their inside source is BigFooty and so the circle continues!

Don't forget starring roles by Terry "List Manager" Wallet and Malcolm "Rats Tossbag" Blight in the blockbuster hit for the 90's the Saint which has been re-edited to blu-ray.

Curiouser still it involves a thief who desired money. Ze parallels are parallel!:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think people need to stop looking into what the papers have to say.
They haven't even come close to getting one right yet, because the fact of the matter is thay have no idea what is going on in the interview process and the commitee's don't make a decision while still going through the process.

The saints just need to find the right man for the job that best fits the criteria they are looking for. Certain coaches suit certain lists.

Some coaches will be superior in developing a list, some will be superior in getting that list to the next stage of being a top 4 contender.

I definately wouldn't be going down the path of any of the experienced coaches on the market.

Choco- too old school and fell away with the development of the modern game, speak to anyone at port power and they will tell you the reason the club is in the situation it is, is because of the state choco left it in. yes he won them a flag and was a terrific coach 5 years ago. But the game has changed dramitcally the last 5 years and choco refused to give up his old methods and didn't evolve with the game, instead it went right on by him.

Eade- there is no question he is a good coach, however he has been relatively successful at 2 clubs now, both clubs ended up giving him the sack as they didnt think he was able to deliver on a premiership. He has always been seen as a sound tactician. However outside of gameday with his communication skills have always lacked. And in todays game that is almost more important then what happens in the coaches box on match day. Think he would be terrific as a senior assistant.

Mark Harvey- Don't think he ever had the right mix of attack and defense at the dockers, never played a style of footy that could win you a flag. The dockers board knew that and that's why he is out the door.

So i think the best shot is for us to go after an untried coach who has been involved in a premiership either as a player and/or coach in the last 5 years.

Guys, inside news, this is completely confirmed but I can't tell you my source.

Lenny Hayes will be captain/coach/ceo next year, contracts are being signed as we speak, Lenny is down at Seaford in a meeting with the board now.

P.s. I'm a HUN journalist so you can be sure this is correct.

Guys, inside news, this is completely confirmed but I can't tell you my source.

Lenny Hayes will be captain/coach/ceo next year, contracts are being signed as we speak, Lenny is down at Seaford in a meeting with the board now.

P.s. I'm a HUN journalist so you can be sure this is correct.

lenny hayes as coach? ceo? replacing nettlefold?? you're not making sense mate?

Correct, I guarantee it's true. I have an inside source.

As I said, as a HUN journalist, it's my job to get things correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back