Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much I hate to lose Hinkley from the Suns he would be an excellent coach for you guys. He is amazing around the club, has an excellent rapport with all players and most of all their respect. Always stays back after training to talk to the supporters and has really helped build the strong culture at our new club. As far as Footy brain and game plan, I'm not sure how much was Hinkley or Bluey this season, but as a bloke, you don't get much better.

He sounds like a nice guy but if hes such a great coach....why has he not been picked up before?

We dont need a nice guy - we need a great coach.

Yes Hinkley is a great guy but more important he is a great coach. He is well loved at our club and knows his stuff. He has had a great grounding coming from Geelong and I believe would be a good fit for you guys. He believes in giving the kids a go (unlike Lyons) and thinks outside the square by not pigeonholing players into one position. Do not want him to go but would love to see him given the opportunity. More importantly he is very approachable and respects what the players and supporters have to say...

Apparently Hudghton, Caracella and Leigh Tudor are some of the names which will be involved in the interview process according to MMM. Wasn't really listening overly closely, but I heard those names were going to be interviewed. Seems a few people were keen on Tudor here.

malthouse has quit the pies

our people said that we wouldnt approach anyone under contract. but now mick is under no contract?

malthouse has quit the pies

our people said that we wouldnt approach anyone under contract. but now mick is under no contract?

I think you'll find he is contracted to the Pies as Director of coaching for 2012, but that the Pies won't enforce it if he wishes to leave. However, should he put his hand up for the Saint's gig that's a very different matter. Eddie Beetroothead has indicated that the Pies will take anyone to court if they try to woo Malthouse as coach in 2012.

It will be up to the Saints to call his bluff if they want Malthouse and face a possible nasty legal spat. Question is, do we really want that after just enduring the season from hell ?

I think you'll find he is contracted to the Pies as Director of coaching for 2012, but that the Pies won't enforce it if he wishes to leave. However, should he put his hand up for the Saint's gig that's a very different matter. Eddie Beetroothead has indicated that the Pies will take anyone to court if they try to woo Malthouse as coach in 2012.

It will be up to the Saints to call his bluff if they want Malthouse and face a possible nasty legal spat. Question is, do we really want that after just enduring the season from hell ?

that sounds NASTY :(

That's bs, he is on record for saying that he has quit the pies. Not to mention they will fill the same position this week.

Looks as if betting has been suspended...... Also not sure if mentioned but Paul Roos was spotted down at the Saints ;)

What about Caracella, he was an offensive coach and opposition analyst. He has had grand final success at Essendon as a player and Geelong as an assistant coach. Been an assistant coach for around 5 years now and he's still young.

Blake Caracella
Playing Career
Essendon: 126 games, 151 goals
Brisbane: 34 games, 33 goals
Collingwood: 27 games, 34 goals

Coaching Career
Collingwood: asst coach 2007-09
Geelong: 2010 -
Blake Caracella joined Geelong as an assistant coach just a week after the 2009 grand final. Caracella spent three seasons as an assistant at Collingwood before moving to Skilled Stadium.

Caracella has helped Collingwood reach the finals three times, including two preliminary finals, as a member of the Magpies coaching staff. He worked as both an offensive assistant and opposition analyst with the Pies.

PLAYING HISTORY

Caracella enjoyed an exceptional 10 year career with Essendon, Brisbane and Collingwood. He kicked 218 goals in 187 games, and was a member of two premiership teams – Essendon (2000) and Brisbane (2003).

Caracella began his career with Essendon in 1997, and stayed at Windy Hill until the end of 2002. He played in two grand finals with the Bombers and joined Brisbane in 2003, helping the Lions to two grand finals in 2003 and 2004.

He finished out his playing career with Collingwood, where he suffered a neck injury in 2006 that forced a premature retirement.

That's bs, he is on record for saying that he has quit the pies. Not to mention they will fill the same position this week.

Sure, its restaint of trade by the Pies if they enforce it but Malthouse would probably have to go to court to prove it. Everyone knows what a stubborn p.rick Eddie can be when he wants to be.

It was definitely written into Mick's last contract that he couldn't coach anywhere else in 2012. Maguire has repeatedly said that anyone wanting Malthouse to coach them in 2012 needs to get a good lawyer. As I said previously, maybe it's time for someone to call Maguire's bluff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, its restaint of trade by the Pies if they enforce it but Malthouse would probably have to go to court to prove it. Everyone knows what a stubborn p.rick Eddie can be when he wants to be.

It was definitely written into Mick's last contract that he couldn't coach anywhere else in 2012. Maguire has repeatedly said that anyone wanting Malthouse to coach them in 2012 needs to get a good lawyer. As I said previously, maybe it's time for someone to call Maguire's bluff.

Isnt the contract between Mick and the Pies, why would they take the club to court? If Mick coaches next year wouldnt he be the one breaking the contract.

What about Stephen Silvagni he is seen as future coach.

Last year Kevin Sheedy said that SOS was ready to take the next step and could be hot property on the coaching market.

No idea if these two are just mates, but a Demonland poster sat near Gary Ayres and Chris Pelchen having breakfast this morning. He apparently heard the words "great new facilities". Make of that what you will.

Ok guys, time to get serious.

Through some people I know (My mother's sister's mother's grandson gave me this info firsthand) I can reveal here tonight, in a league wide exclusive, that I will be the coach of the Saints from 2012. I have signed a 6 year deal (4 certain, 2 optional) and I will be at the club as of tomorrow.

Despite my previous assertion that Fev was needed, I won't be taking a chance on the big fella. My gameplan will be built in conjunction with Chris Pelchen's recruiting team and will be set on a foundation of skills based midfielders.

Ben McEvoy will be made co-captain with Roo next season and BJ will be put back to defence to focus on himself for a season. I feel that he just needs to focus on doing the best thing for the team rather than trying to win every game off his own boot.

It's going to be a long pre season and we can't expect too much too soon from some players BUT I will say this - The St. Kilda footy club has had a taste of the big time in the last decade and we are not going to give it up. This group still has alot of footy left in it and we will be going all out to achieve the ultimate glory.

Just confirming that news again - I will be coaching the Saints in 2012

:thumbsu:

Ok guys, time to get serious.

Through some people I know (My mother's sister's mother's grandson gave me this info firsthand) I can reveal here tonight, in a league wide exclusive, that I will be the coach of the Saints from 2012. I have signed a 6 year deal (4 certain, 2 optional) and I will be at the club as of tomorrow.

Despite my previous assertion that Fev was needed, I won't be taking a chance on the big fella. My gameplan will be built in conjunction with Chris Pelchen's recruiting team and will be set on a foundation of skills based midfielders.

Ben McEvoy will be made co-captain with Roo next season and BJ will be put back to defence to focus on himself for a season. I feel that he just needs to focus on doing the best thing for the team rather than trying to win every game off his own boot.

It's going to be a long pre season and we can't expect too much too soon from some players BUT I will say this - The St. Kilda footy club has had a taste of the big time in the last decade and we are not going to give it up. This group still has alot of footy left in it and we will be going all out to achieve the ultimate glory.

Just confirming that news again - I will be coaching the Saints in 2012

:thumbsu:
Well I for one, am looking forward to the LWP dynasty :thumbsu:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...use-not-finished/story-e6frf9jf-1226156416409

Asked about McGuire's comments, Malthouse's manager Peter Sidwell said: "I don't see Michael being finished mentally, emotionally or physically.

"What I do see is that Michael will be finishing up his duties at Collingwood. He has given the club his absolute best and leaves it in a much better place than when he found it.

"It is now my intention to speak to media outlets about his immediate future.

"We have always said that Michael won't be coaching anywhere else next year."

Quizzed about the prospect of Malthouse returning to coaching in 2013, Sidwell said: "We haven't thought beyond next year."

Five clubs inquired about Malthouse's availability this season.

Malthouse, 58, will travel to Europe this month for a four-week holiday before finalising TV, radio and newspaper deals.

The three-time premiership coach is expected to sign with Channel 7 and 3AW.

No idea if these two are just mates, but a Demonland poster sat near Gary Ayres and Chris Pelchen having breakfast this morning. He apparently heard the words "great new facilities". Make of that what you will.

I'd take that as Ayres having been down to Seaford for at least a chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back