Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayres more chance than Malthouse.

Word this morning is 1 with experience, 7 without. Considering Eade is going to Collingwood, Ayres woul d be the likely man with experience, unless Mark Williams is being interviewed.

I still think it will be Watters.

He got offered a job. He hasn't been offered one by St Kilda.

Same reason Terry Wallace went to Richmond over Hawthorn in 2004. Wallace had an offer from Richmond, didn't believe he had one from Hawthorn.

From Tweetland

sportsbetcomau Sportsbet.com.au
@The market has been suspended @stkildathunda. Stay tuned though. Should be back up once we see some more momentum on the coaching front.

They get very edgy about these sorts of things, since it is a known process and not a random outcome of a sporting event. It is totally fixed, in that a group of people will decide the outcome and a larger group that will be aware of it narrowing down before any announcement.
A group of people who may or may not be sworn to secrecy.
Dumb thing to take bets on in my opinion, you could just as easily take bets as to where Mick Malthouse will eat breakfast.

Ayres to head the vacated defensive post and rename it the director of mulleting, taking Zac under his wing and first order of business being "see that mirror, I see a perm, perms are for women, you need to grow it like this" before Zac lines up round 1 sporting a superpowered mullet to dominate.

"what is that? A buzz cut? This isn't the army champ, here take this, I stole it from a horse yesterday."

John Longmire then misses the first Sydney game with concussion.

what about this guy for a mullet

24s_fraser.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well whoever gets the job, let's hope they instill a bit of fun back into the club. From where I watch, it doesn't look as though the boys have enjoyed their football for a few years. Have a look at Geelong this year and Collywood last year, and the Hawks a couple of years ago, they really did look as though they were enjoying their seasons. The pies put themselves under too much pressure this year, and it showed, and the final result showed as well. Strewth, in the week between the two grand finals last year you could see the Pies players laughing and having a joke, our blokes looked like they were about to go 10 rounds with Roy Jones Jr.
To do that, the coach needs to enjoy his time as well. I know I sound a bit like the boss out of the Office, but it's time to let some natural abilities and personality shine through. No more robots.

Well whoever gets the job, let's hope they instill a bit of fun back into the club. From where I watch, it doesn't look as though the boys have enjoyed their football for a few years. Have a look at Geelong this year and Collywood last year, and the Hawks a couple of years ago, they really did look as though they were enjoying their seasons. The pies put themselves under too much pressure this year, and it showed, and the final result showed as well. Strewth, in the week between the two grand finals last year you could see the Pies players laughing and having a joke, our blokes looked like they were about to go 10 rounds with Roy Jones Jr.
To do that, the coach needs to enjoy his time as well. I know I sound a bit like the boss out of the Office, but it's time to let some natural abilities and personality shine through. No more robots.

[YOUTUBE]0D7vLfWGQ6o[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7vLfWGQ6o

I'd be rapt with Gary Ayres . Deserves another chance at the big time after an impressive spell at Port. Alot of coaches have success at the 2nd or 3rd job. Bill Belicheck was ordinary at Cleveland before being one of the greatest coaches of all time at the Patriots. Not saying Ayres will be the answer but just because he may have gone ordinary in the past doesn't mean we should count him out. Ayres or Hinkley for me.

If you want Ayres, I want John Kennedy snr, Tom Hafey, Ron Alexander, Tony Jewell or Alan Joyce before them….the game has changed, Watters is a very impressive man.

http://www.news.com.au/st-kilda-ceo...rade-an-afl-star/story-e6frf3e3-1226157709911

First-round interviews on St Kilda's coaching position will start as early as Tuesday, with second-round interviews next week.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/10/03/watters-closes-as-st-kilda-coach/

Watters is expected to now joust for St Kilda’s top appointment with Saints playing legend and club games record-holder Robert Harvey as well as former Geelong playing stars Ken Hinkley and Leigh Tudor and highly respected Carlton assistant Alan Richardson.

Hawthorn assistant Leon Cameron is believed to have withdrawn his interest.

Max Hudghton is understood to have already offered a glowing endorsement of Watters to his old club's coaching selection panel.

SportsNewsFirst
Saints powerbrokers are expected to possibly complete their coaching interview process this week, with an announcement possibly even before the end of AFL trade period between October 10-17.

HeraldSun
First-round interviews on St Kilda's coaching position will start as early as Tuesday, with second-round interviews next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back