Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Rome Burgoyne on loan to the Maggies from WWT Eagles for 4 games.
15 disposals on debut. Didn't look out of place at the level at all.

Really promising, made a fair few errors, but for an 18 year old there's a lot to work with. These 4 games will be great for his development.

Looks like we may have gone injury free too, so fingers crossed we have a big influx of players over the next 2 weeks. Dixon, Rioli (if he hasn't gone walkabout), Burton maybe. Could really strengthen up the sides and provide some much better quality for him to play around.

Remember watching Wilbur playing a ressies game very early on, he may have been 18. One thing that was noticeable in his game back then he was playing on-ball was his gut running. I've never seen a guy playing ressies gut running like he was and its something that always stuck with me. If his kids are the same they are a long way down the track to being an AFL player.
The bloke is mid 40's and doing Hawaiian iron man triathlons ie 4 km swim, 180 kms on the bike and full marathon even with all the injuries he picked up playing AFL. Think he has had 13 operations during his career.

Rome Burgoyne in the Prison Bars.
View attachment 2042043
Say what you want about Clurey, but at SANFL level he is a class above and having his experience and leadership around would have to be beneficial for Rome, as well as Kyle Marshall.

Last edited:
Say what you want about Clurey, but at SANFL level he is a class above and having his experience and leadership around would have to be beneficial for Rome, as well as Kyle Marshall.
Hrmmmm, up to half time yesterday I would have begged to disagree with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys sorry to intrude just wondering how young Ky is going?
Port signed him to play 4 league games, but he was released after 2. He wasn’t league standard, but the Magpies team at the time didn’t really help. He also not playing in the championship.

I think he is rookie territory at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back