Power delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought they were pretty standard de listings. Mitchell should remain on the rookie list. I love Hitchy but he doesn't justify a spot on the main list. There's still some room to manoeuvre. It depends on whom we are looking to bring into he club. I think we need a strong chf, outside mid, sm f, sm d and tagger. It shouldn't be that hard because small forwards, defenders and taggers come cheap.

FFS Butcher is not in a "2014 or bust" situation. :rolleyes:

Ok, it's not often I use North as an example of what to do, but they have managed their key position players extremely well. They've held extraordinary patience with Lachie Hansen and he has now progressed into quite a valuable player. Aaron Black took three years to get a game, but now he looks to be one of the more impressive young key position forwards going around in the game today. Tarrant is still hit and miss despite being there six years, but is capable of some very good football and can look very good when he is playing well. They waited three years for Daw - now he's still a long way off, but the signs are there that he could be a very dangerous player.

You cannot be impatient with key forwards. Invest in them - particularly highly rated juniors and you will be rewarded in the long run. Not all will be superstars, but you end up with some very capable players.

If he doesn't do anything by the end of 2014, that'll be 5 years on the list with no significant result, save for a brilliant late 2011 cameo, with Shaw building and a KPP-heavy draft looming. Yes, you need patience with key forwards, but how long can you give him?

For the record I think he'll begin to show what he is made of next year, on the back of an injury free, full preseason and a bit more consistency with the club in the Magpies. But if he does nothing, then surely he is in trouble.

It says a lot about our list management when two years through the rebuild, after players get cut, we're still going "You forgot some guys! Get rid of these ones too!"

Excited about building some depth this offseason!

These delistings suggest we will trade for or sign as free agent a KPP who is already fully mature.

Buddy would fit well here with the way we play. Gets up the ground a lot, wouldn't be like losing a midfielder at all. Also, the first person to grab the username "Buddy_to_Schulz" will have the respect of the People forever :p

Who are some realistic options?

There's very little in terms of kpp free agents. Mcguane from Richmond would provide cover for a year. He will probably get delisted. I read that Steven May was getting traded from GC. He would fit our profile and Kenny factor. Laidler and McCarthy from Carlton could be late picks. Gumbleton will go somewhere but i doubt it will be Port. Jesse White is a chance to move but would now be priced higher than his worth. Sam Day and Lycett are often mentioned but contracted. So...Steven May makes the most sense?? Oh, forgot about Buddy!!

Ah Cee is very lucky. Watched him many times for the magpies. Cant see the reason hes kept.
Would love to have seen blee as a medium forward

Ah Chee is nearly 2 years younger than O'Shea who people wanted to write off before this season.

Give the boy a chance man. He's that little bit different to anything else we have on our list right now.

Ah Chee is nearly 2 years younger than O'Shea who people wanted to write off before this season.

Give the boy a chance man. He's that little bit different to anything else we have on our list right now.
I agree achee excites me....

I mean what a name to scream at the football when he is breaking lines with 40metre handballs

Mcguane from Richmond would provide cover for a year.

I'd take McGuane. We could get him for nothing as a free agent. He's kicked 35 goals in his last 21 games, which are pretty good numbers for a guy who's been playing as a third tall. If we could get 30-ish goals out of him for the next 2-3 seasons to take some off the heat off of Schulz while Butcher and Shaw develop, that'd be more than handy.

Zakk Wylde post: 30184686 said:

What is it that you believe he has different?
Doesnt seem to hit the score board, doesnt pick up many touches?
From what I saw was a always close to being dropped to the 2s?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is it that you believe he has different?
Doesnt seem to hit the score board, doesnt pick up many touches?
From what I saw was a always close to being dropped to the 2s?

Kicked 3 goals last week.

He is always working on parts of his game.

At 19 I think we can carry him for two more years and lets see what he can do. We as supporters are sometimes to keen to hack and slash a career way to early

No real surprises. List isn't in the position to have 25+ year olds as depth players. We should have a free agent lined up by now seeing as its unlikely we would lose any that would give us compensation.

Yeah, was talking to a couple of friends about our delistings for the year on Saturday and our thoughts were exactly in line with what's actually happened.

haha....referring to Matt mate....why would Hinkley flick Thomas after one season and he's played 80 odd games.

played 4 games this year and is too sluggish to be in a top 5 team. would be good in a team in the bottom half of the ladder

These delistings suggest we will trade for or sign as free agent a KPP who is already fully mature.

Not really. These delistings illustrate our lack of KPF options.

We'll most likely continue to develop Butcher and Shaw and may draft another KPF. It's highly unlikely we'll be able to trade in a ready made 2nd/3rd KPF.

Still think the Thomas delisting was a mistake. He's 25. He's been crueled by injury for years and was just getting his body right. Has just had his best SANFL year. Is at his physical peak. Is one of the strongest midfielders in the AFL. Could run all day. Never got the chance to settle into a good side. Gave everything when he played. Bled for the club. Could play a number of roles.

I realise its a judgment call but I think Hinkley underestimated the value Thomas could add to a side.

No, Thomas will be 27 before the start of next season, and could only manage 4 games this year. We've seen pretty much what he has to offer, and it wasn't enough to force any of our younger midfielders out of the side.

Symes won a Magerey Medal and got delisted. Doesn't mean a whole lot in the scheme of things.

He seems like a good bloke, and I wish him all the best, but he wasn't realistically going to get many games next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Power delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back