Power delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

I think delistings were spot on. Blee was never going to make it so no point keeping. And as much as I've never been a hitchy fan, I've actually liked the few moments I saw of him this year. His hammies are a worry, but I think one more year was deserved.

De-listings since Primus left
2012 list

Out-
Salopek.... replaced by Wines
Pearce..... replaced by Monfries
Surjan...... replaced by Stevenson
Banner...... replaced by Shaw
Rodan...... replaced by Colquhoon
Jacobs..... replaced by Heath
Phillips...... replaced by Neade
Chaplin..... replaced by Hombsch
McCarthy.. replaced by Clurey

Webb - Rookie... replaced by Hoskins
Irons - Rookie.... replaced by Mitchell
Curnow - Rookie .. Not replaced as 2 extra rookies for 2010-12 period due to GC and GWS, removed

Approximate replacements in bold above.

Port Adelaide was not a happy place to be as they SWUNG THE AXE according to Channel 9 tonight.

<will duplicate post in the media ROAST thread>

LOL we're having to send people away with our best wishes, while the even the roaches are fleeing from West Lakes.

Too hasty. Wrong call on Thomas and possibly Blee.

What if Thomas wins the Magery, the Jack Oatey and has Richmond and Brisbane fighting for him. Then we may have got compensation for him or decided to keep him. What if Salter or D.Stewart or Blee kick a bag in a GF? Why couldn't we wait until the end of the sanfl GF?

Given the way Logan improved when put in a decent team set up, why wasn't Thomas given a chance in a well performing set up. He monstered Carlton last year when we were shit, he should have been given a greater chance than he was. Wrong call on this one.

I'm not 100% sure so someone correct me of I'm wrong but I think we are still able to trade them if another club is interested because, despite the fact they are delisted they still remain on the list until some date in November.

I'm not 100% sure so someone correct me of I'm wrong but I think we are still able to trade them if another club is interested because, despite the fact they are delisted they still remain on the list until some date in November.

Nah. They are now delisted free agents. Can go where they choose

Not much chance he's going to train to be big enough to play AFL midfield, or to be agile/fast enough to be an AFL small forward.

Im sure we'll make another round of delistings.

I could see why Hitchy would stay if it comes to that.

Gotta thank Thomas for his effort and he was a good foot soldier for a few years, but hes just too slow, doesn't get enough of the ball and doesn't use it enough to stay. Wines has made him completely redundant for our list. Hope he gets a second chance elsewhere.

Gotta thank Thomas for his effort and he was a good foot soldier for a few years, but hes just too slow

In our preseason game vs Sydney (the one that had 5k show up)
Port looked really promising (and so they should since we finished 5th) but 2 things annoyed me that game.
1. Butcher spent 2 seconds on the ground and got injured
2. Thomas was really sluggish/slow when everyone else was like a well oiled machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wines was certainly the nail in the coffin for Thomas.
Hitchcock a bit interesting, so imagine either we have some trade interest in him or save him for later de-listing.

With Salter and Stewart gone, along with Hinkley's recent comments about badly needing backup for Schulz, I'd imagine that either we have a KPF lined up for trade or we're planning on going all out in the draft for some KPP talent.

Hinkley and co. see a lot in Hitchcock, he keeps making it into the team / emergency list when nobody is expecting it. He's not getting delisted, I think we are done with delistings now unless we manage to make an absolute scoop of some rucks, then Renouf could go late.

Hitchcock, like Butcher you would imagine, would be looking at a 'Its 2014 or bust' scenario. Hope he repays the faith.

no shocks, good call on all. to those defending Blee, he was behind Jonas, O'Shea, Pittard, PStew, Logan, Cassisi, Heath and stevenson as small/medium defenders on depth list. so he was 9th in line of our medium defenders. as far as list balance goes it's no shock he left, him leaving helps us get fast mids and more genuine KPP.

Hitchcock stayed because if Wingard, Monfries and Gray continue to play more midfield our small forward stocks are left to Neade, Mitchell and Hitchcock only. also hitchcock is 5x the player Mitchell is in that role. the persistent injuries and actual ability to play the role kept him there. if anyone wants to go back to case: simon phillips be my guest. I cannot see anymore delistings this year unless we get excess players through FA/trade. 3 draftees, 1 PSD, 1 trade/FA

all of them would hold zero currency, people are dreaming if you think they would command anything. All of them have barely played this year or haven't at all and all have been on our list for some time. Remember you cant package spuds up together to increase their value.
Generally cheaper if you buy a 5kg bag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Power delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back