Game Day Pr(O)logue Round, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all you Lions guys and gals, hoping you are all fit as a fiddle after the long break and festivities etc..:)

..so, here we are again in all states of nervous anticipation for our 1st game of the season. (how quick that off-season went!!)

I'm hoping that doing my grocery shopping yesterday in Coles with "Country Road" playing in the store will be an omen for us.:praying: I bounced along the aisles singing to myself and a stupid smile as well, can't help myself.:gigglev1:

Footy is back peeps!

(got myself a retired greyhound over the break....she rules the house already)

Nerves building. Never confident for first game (whatever you want to call it) after a break whether that's an off season or a bye.
All the narrative about who Carlton are missing and how impossible it is to beat us in the Gabba is not sitting well with me.

Expect Kiddy to receive a lot of attention so interested to see who will replace McKenna for the go forward ball from half back. I think they'll ask Zorko to play down back for this reason.
Walsh out slows them around the breakdwon which is why I think Lyons made it in - he's not suitable against a lot of midfields. Dunks will go to Cripps so someone like Cerra could get a lot of breakaway ball if we're not winning it clean from the middle.

Expect that our forwards may take a little bit of time to adjust to where Gardiner will be. Hope Lohmann builds on a good pre-season game against Sydney and finally stitches some of his potential into consistency. Could say the same about Rayner at an entirely different scale.

A bit of rain around and therefore humid conditions...reckon we'll bowl first? Might need to watch for the ball to swing.

Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back