Pre Grand Final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Hear the crowd laughing at that freak on the balloon?? Hilarious.

She even got a sarcastic ovation when the official took the cup off here. hahaha:D

Highlight of today for me - bloody hilarious hearing everyone laughing and the stage guy telling Fitzpatrick to just take it off her :p

The cheerleaders from the 9 SANFL clubs (they all still have them) do a routine in the middle of AAMI as part of the SANFL's pre-match entertainment.

Beats the hell out of Jet.

Memo to AFL: Please include something like this at the 2008 Grand Final - cheerleaders dancing around is better than try hards trying to rock out and entertain!

The entertainment seems ok for the TV viewer but I'm guessing the crowd would be incredibly bored/
Spot on!

You couldnt hear the music it was just muffled noise. Painful.

The entertainment in general was crap, the way the cup came into the ground was alright, but there was too much pre packaged highlights to music - which is of no interest to people in the ground, and a band you couldnt hear and didnt really want to look at! Maybe next year they can bring some decent women out, then at least we'll get some perve value.

In the past at least a few dancers or tarps of the club colours and the like out on the ground was good visually for the crowd.

Have to give the prematch entertainment a big :thumbsdown:

Didn't like how they did the 'retiring greats', at least when they're going around the oval in a car the whole crowd can see them. Sure they were up close and personal in the crowd but not everyone can appreciate them.

Jet were in one corner of the stage, doubt everyone could see them.

No team songs.

And the lady and the balloon? Hahaha she couldn't get the cup on the stand. Embarassing for the AFL.

I still can't believe how incredibly bad Jet were. Such a crap bad and a wonder how a lo fi shit crap band could have made it. Stick to making jingles..as that is all they are!

If they (the AFL) are going for stadium rock at least try to entice a stadium rock band who know how to play in stadiums. I know it would be hard to get AC DC but they would be ideal!

They tried to be arty and add culture to the thing but bogans don't want culture unless its from a tub of yogurt. I was just waiting for the cup to drop, that would have topped angry and his batmobile..but we still got a close second with the performance artist not being able to place the cup where it should have.

Good idea but not exactly the stage to perform it on.

What were GF like before Barry Crocker sang and started the pre game crap exactly 30 years ago? Was it just the reserves and that was it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Angry Anderson's Australian. Irene Cara? We take the trouble to bring in someone international and it's someone from the 80s?

you live in melbourne, it's always the 80s in Melbourne..look at the kids atm. So i think thats why the AFL brought her over last year.

I saw a young guy today looking like Brian Manix complete with fluro tank top and it was bloody cold!

Mr Demitriou,

I have a dual cassette tape player I bought from Tandy you can borrow for next years Grand Final.

One of the players is jammed (my little sister stuck one of her Crayola glitter pastels in there), but the other side works fine.

You can borrow my '87 - Lifes a beach' megamix album if you like. Lionel Richie's 'Dancin' on the ceiling' is the bestest.

Everyone at my house said it would be better than what you served up this year:mad::mad::mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre Grand Final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back