Training Pre-Season 2023 (First game 18/3 v North)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well….it’s a 50% improvement on our win count. 😬
rocky balboa win GIF by Rocky

Adelaide? I thought the whole point was to drum up interest in non-football states. I know Port's membership figures aren't great but I assure the AFL that South Australia is a footballing state.
SA threw a whole heap of money at it. More than NSW did and as you know with the AFL always follow the money

Adelaide? I thought the whole point was to drum up interest in non-football states. I know Port's membership figures aren't great but I assure the AFL that South Australia is a footballing state.
probably also worried about crowds. It could really blow if no one travelled for it.

is 23 games the new normal now??

probably also worried about crowds. It could really blow if no one travelled for it.

is 23 games the new normal now??

Probably not, depends what they decide to pull out of their arse next year.

From the sounds of it this round will be a permanent fixture but not always in SA

I’m happy with them moving it around provided it’s never in Victoria

There’s normally 5 games in Victoria most weekends anyway so the impact of having 9 games there is significantly diluted in comparison to other states

Also this round adds an extra week of travel for all teams not based in whichever state it’s held - Victorian clubs already travel half as much as the non-Vic clubs so giving them another home state game further skews the advantage they already have

From the sounds of it this round will be a permanent fixture but not always in SA

I’m happy with them moving it around provided it’s never in Victoria

There’s normally 5 games in Victoria most weekends anyway so the impact of having 9 games there is significantly diluted in comparison to other states

Also this round adds an extra week of travel for all teams not based in whichever state it’s held - Victorian clubs already travel half as much as the non-Vic clubs so giving them another home state game further skews the advantage they already have
Yeah, but that is sensible and practical. We are dealing with an administration who secretly extended the grand final at the MCG because Victoria.

I also think we should consider requesting having our game against the Crows or Port held the week before or after this round. We could then setup a base to spend a week in SA to limit travel

I also think we should consider requesting having our game against the Crows or Port held the week before or after this round. We could then setup a base to spend a week in SA to limit travel
Oh yeah like a hub type situation.

Hubs have never been disastrous and club derailing for us in the past so sign me up.

Big advocate for this. Also think that very early in the season we should do back to back games in Vic with the same approach. Would reduce travel and early in the season the players with families will still be excited to play footy and not be as tired as they are at the end which would hopefully lead to a positive attitude about it.

I’d be happy playing a Melbourne team in magic round - our record at Adelaide Oval is almost that of a home game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah like a hub type situation.

Hubs have never been disastrous and club derailing for us in the past so sign me up.
Well slightly different circumstances and we’re talking a week not several so nothing like the hub situation in the past

I’d be happy playing a Melbourne team in magic round - our record at Adelaide Oval is almost that of a home game
Three games aren’t going to be at Adelaide oval. You could just about guarantee that we’ll be one of those 3 games

I’m wondering what 23 games will mean with fixtures and the 5 repeat games bring 3 teams in your bracket and 1 from each other bracket of 6

With Freo finishing 6th, we would expect to play them twice with no other top 6 double ups (not expecting Lions to play us at Optus)

Fill our boots with 3 of Norf, Drug Rats, Crows, Hawks and GWS twice

Twice only for one of Tigers, Dogs, Port, Blues, Saints and Suns. Most likely Suns based off recent history

Fill our boots with 3 of Norf, Drug Rats, Crows, Hawks and GWS twice

Twice only for one of Tigers, Dogs, Port, Blues, Saints and Suns. Most likely Suns based off recent history

What are you trying to wreck our good draft picks next year or something?

Also give me the regional ground over a Sunday game on the Adelaide slop after it's been churned and burned for days in a row.

There’s been an Oscar Allen sighting

There’s been an Oscar Allen sighting

Good to see him up out of the wheelchair.

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back