Mega Thread Pre-season thread - Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he meant to say Alex Pearce.

Maybe. But surely our most likely KPF combo post Pavlich is Gumbleton, Taberner, Apeness (resting ruck). Not sure where Moeller is at, but has some forward credentials as well so would challenge Apeness.

Pearce seems a perfect fit down back understudying MJ.

On a related note is it just me or are those who say "could of, would of, should of" now in the majority? It's depressing.

Yep, have has become reduntant.:(

Just on A. Pearce. My little spy tells me that he has played his best footy in defence. So I ASSUMED, (yes, a dangerous practice), that he and Tanner would be groomed for McP and Zac's replacements?

Yep, have has become reduntant.:(

Just on A. Pearce. My little spy tells me that he has played his best footy in defence. So I ASSUMED, (yes, a dangerous practice), that he and Tanner would be groomed for McP and Zac's replacements?

Same height as Dawson, and only 13 kg lighter .........

These new KPP's we are getting are tall buggers. They all seems to have a minimum of +5cm on MacPharlin and Pavlich.

Grey is listed at 181cm and 83kg which would be an unusual "big CHF or FP body", and would need to displace a pretty long list of decent small/medium forwards. I am going to tip that he is more likely to be a midfielder for us than a forward. Wood if he can put some beef on could be a weapon up there, and A Pearce maybe.
Grey isn't actually that short then. In comparison to the prototype midfielder he is, but from photos I thought he sat around Lachie Neale's height. The kid must be really well built to have those kind of proportions then.

Taller Forwards , taller defenders not rocket science .
NBA has the same problem .
We are preparing well for the future .
I just hope that we keep pace with where the game is going.
Just a Note of caution: bigger bodies , harder collisions, longer injury lists

Same height as Dawson, and only 13 kg lighter .........

These new KPP's we are getting are tall buggers. They all seems to have a minimum of +5cm on MacPharlin and Pavlich.
Yeah, it's getting ridiculous these days. Look at key forwards like Patton, Boyd etc. all 200 centimetres tall. From memory Collingwood & Melbourne have 200cm Key backs.

Tis a sign of the times - 190+cm mids and 200+cm bookends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had surgery 12-18 months ago which removed the scar tissue that was causing his back\hamstring issues.

My expectations are
- 15+ games
- 2+ goals a game
- Take pressure of Pav and prevent him being double teamed
- Allow Mayne and Resting ruck to get a lesser defender.
- Kick 8 in Grand Final , the last 3 against Franklin who McPharlin had kept to 2 hand balls for the first 3 quarters.

So you reckon we will meet Sydney in the GF this year ?

With thighs like a Karri tree.
This was taken at the start of Dec:
1461811_10151923661469317_1327968672_n.jpg

Wonder if they got him running laps to trim the trunks down a bit! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back