Remove this Banner Ad

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone know when this starts for us?
I see the teams that didn't make finals have started back and I'm hungry for some Bulldogs content.
I thought it would be good to have a thread where all discussion about pre-season training can go.
Who's come back in good/bad shape?
Who's tearing up the track?
Who's got a new tatt?
Who's got some shit new plasma red (pink) boots?
Etc...

I see the teams that didn't make finals have started back and I'm hungry for some Bulldogs content.
I thought it would be good to have a thread where all discussion about pre-season training can go.
Who's got a new tatt?
Etc...
Think I read somewhere that the first group of players return on Monday the 16th of November, which I am assuming will be the 1-4 year players. Looking forward to hearing updates!

Who's got a new tatt?
Etc...

I'll have a stab:
1. Good = Toyd, Bad = Minson
2. Toby McLean
3. Clay Smith running the Kerry King (Slayer) emsemble
TattooKerryKing.jpg

4. JJ

I hear Liam jones is training the house down
Sure, but a light breeze could blow that decrepit old facility down, and that's if some angry, armed 'creditors' don't throw a brick through the window first.

Makes sense they've returned since they finished a week earlier, AFL guys heading up north already? Didn't they go up after the xmas break last preseason?
The HS said we are doing a pre-season up in sunshine coast
Just gotta wait and see

Hamling/Stevens
Hunter
Biggs
JJ
I know Stevens has been injured for a while so his running might take a while to catch up but he's a unit and judging by his instagram has spent a lot of time at the gym. Going to have a huge season, looks in ripping shape.

Webb is looking huge too. Wouldn't be surprised to see him develop more into a big bodied inside/outside machine but I do like his attributes across half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's got a new tatt?
Etc...
I'm looking forward to seeing The Bont. He's been spending plenty of time at the gym.
Don't think we'll see L Hunter tearing up the track. All his social media posts involve drinking with his mates.
Clay Smith has had plenty of time on his hands, he'll be covered in ink work a plenty.
JJ and Koby will sport whatever is new and flash in boots.

The goal posts have been put back in at WO. Only four more days to go before preseason training. I agree with the poster about Webb, looking very good.

The Western Bulldogs have added three players to their training list including exciting young ruckman Luke Goetz. The 202cm big man dominated for Altona in the Western Region Football League under-18s competition in the first half of 2015 before joining the Western Jets for the last nine games of the TAC Cup season.
Youngsters Charlie Lee and Brayden Seir have also been given permission to train with the Bulldogs.

Western Bulldogs – Luke Goetz (Western Jets), Charlie Lee (North Ballarat Rebels), Brayden Seir (Northern Knights)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...st-newman-one-of-four-eagles-back-at-the-club

Anyone know anything about these guys?

The Western Bulldogs have added three players to their training list including exciting young ruckman Luke Goetz. The 202cm big man dominated for Altona in the Western Region Football League under-18s competition in the first half of 2015 before joining the Western Jets for the last nine games of the TAC Cup season.
Youngsters Charlie Lee and Brayden Seir have also been given permission to train with the Bulldogs.

Western Bulldogs – Luke Goetz (Western Jets), Charlie Lee (North Ballarat Rebels), Brayden Seir (Northern Knights)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...st-newman-one-of-four-eagles-back-at-the-club

Can somebody explain why the bulldogs are allowed to have TAC Cup players train with them prior to the draft. Normally you are not even allowed to have a 20 minute medical with a prospective draftee. I understand that delisted players can train but surely guys that haven't been into a draft before should be off limits. Dont see Darcy Parish training at Melbourne prior to the National Draft. Surely its a massive advantage to have somebody "in house" and to learn all about them where all the other clubs are playing pin the tail on the donkey.

Some basic info on the boys training with us:

Luke Goetz (Western Jets) 202cm, 90kg
Western-Jets-Luke-Goetz-Altona-FC.jpg

2015 TAC Cup
Games: 9, Goals: 1, Av kicks: 2.1, Av hballs: 4, Av hball recieves: 1.4, Av marks: 1.1, Av tackles: 2.2, Av hit outs: 10.1

Charlie Lee (North Ballarat Rebels) 182cm, 68kg
CKvwpw9UcAER5I7.jpg

2015 TAC Cup
Games: 8, Goals: 5, Av kicks: 7, Av hballs: 3.4, Av hball recieves: 3.9, Av marks: 3.3, Av tackles: 1.5

Brayden Sier (Northern Knights) 187cm, 85kg
400329.jpg

2015 TAC Cup
Games: 2, Goals: 0, Av kicks: 6, Av hballs: 9, Av hball recieves: 2.5, Av marks: 3, Av tackles: 3

Sier was also named in the Green team for the Young Guns game played as a curtain raiser to one of the VFL prelims.

Luke Goetz been on dogs radar for a while now
Bombers interested
Tough as nails and isn't afraid of the contest
great character as well
first year playing footy according to a family friend

Probably a rookie then? I can't see Essendon adding another ruck after signing Gorringe.

Can somebody explain why the bulldogs are allowed to have TAC Cup players train with them prior to the draft. Normally you are not even allowed to have a 20 minute medical with a prospective draftee. I understand that delisted players can train but surely guys that haven't been into a draft before should be off limits. Dont see Darcy Parish training at Melbourne prior to the National Draft. Surely its a massive advantage to have somebody "in house" and to learn all about them where all the other clubs are playing pin the tail on the donkey.
Perhaps the allowance is for any player who was not invited to the draft combine? This would give reason for why the top round picks don't train anywhere. Pre-season also doesn't include any closed training sessions (I think), so other clubs still have the opportunity to watch/scout a player on the track as they would if training at any suburban/TAC Cup club, rather than have an individual club hide them away.

These 3 also only played half seasons at best in TAC Cup 2015 (9, 8 and 2 games respectively) so this might be a consideration for allowance.

Just guesses though, the permission to train rules don't seem to be available. Best I could find is Essendon breaching the rules, big surprise: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...thout-permission/story-fni5f22o-1226770470421

Remove this Banner Ad

Back