Predicted AFL Ladder After Round 22 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

TigerFan said:
try this on for size...

13. Richmond - another 8-10 wins would be satisfactory in 2006 as Wallace tinkers with the future setup.
So you'd be "satisfied" with 13th place?

TigerFan said:
16. Collingwood - don't be fooled, even a full strength Collingwood team is rubbish. blame injuries if it makes you feel better, but this list is one of the worst in the AFL, and the rebuild has barely begun.
I can't see this happening. I think we will improve next season ladder-wise, but don't expect much better than a 10-12th place finish. I rate our list, at the very least, above both Hawthorn's and Carlton's at this point in time.

1. Saints
2. West Coast
3. Crows
4. Cats
5. Swannies
6. Dogs
7. Dockers
8. Dees

9. Pies
10. Bombers
11. Tigers
12. Kangas
13. Lions
14. Hawks
15. Power
16. Blues

cobba said:
losing twice too blues, what are you going on about?

While my tongue was planted firmly in cheek when I wrote all that palava, I can assure you I don't think much of your mob. You folded like deck chairs every time you came up against decent oppo last year (an early win against St Kilda the exception)

Kangaroos 2005 = Essendon 2004.

pafc4life said:
Yes because we generally can't win away

(we've won something like 33 away games in the last 5 years)
Get over it your time has come to an end. You are not feared anymore by anyone and will be lucky not to win the spoon in 2006.

weagles_fan said:
Get over it your time has come to an end. You are not feared anymore by anyone and will be lucky not to win the spoon in 2006.

Ouch!! Imagine if the Power came last, it would split the club. It would create a splinter group heh heh

HorseHead said:
So you'd be "satisfied" with 13th place?

I'm not happy that we're in a position where 8-10 wins would be satisfactory, but I prefer to be realistic about our 2006 chances.

so, to answer your question...

yes, I would be 'satisfied' with 13th place when one considers the situation we're in. Wallace is going to be experimenting with the lineup (eg: Jay Schulz at CHB, Adam Pattison at CHF, Richard Tambling in the midfield etc.), and by the end of 2006, Richmond should be a team with a lot of 'potential'.

'potential' does not win football games though, that's why I'd be happy with 8-10 wins in 2006 as Wallace lays the cornerstones for 15-18 wins in 2008/09.

Catnip said:
Ouch!! Imagine if the Power came last, it would split the club. It would create a splinter group heh heh

It would anger the Crows even more cos then we would pick up Bryce GIBBS!

=TigerFan]try this on for size...

11. Carlton - if Fevola can get it together, anything is possible. if he can't, we might be destined for 2005 mkII. I'm leaning towards the latter, but the list isn't good enough to vault Carlton above the lower-midfield.
[/B]

You sure yr a Tiger fan??

All 15 clubs that you wrote about (Richmond inclusive) your approach is "them"

But with Carlton its "We" ??

Mmmm....theories...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TigerFan said:
wanna accuse me of paedophilia while you're at it? :eek:

Liked your outlook Tigerfan - fairly close to what I think as you can see with my ladder for the season. I even agree that Port will crash and burn although I do believe Essendon will not finish in the 8 as they dont have the quality mid range players needed to take them there. It is ok to have players like Hird, Fletcher etc however it is the 20 to 25 year old players that will get you into the 8 and this side doesnt have the quality of some other teams in the competition. This is where I think they will get hurt.

Hawthorn 14th - dont think so either - I reckon they will grab 13th and you guys will continue to improve. You do have some quality players in the mid range age group that will help you almost grab a spot in the 8. Terry Wallace is simply trying to not let the fans get over confident and then have a massive let down if things go sour. One thing he is good at is keeping over confidence out of any team he coaches.

TigerFan said:
6. Essendon - my 2006 wildcard. Camporeale and Heffernan add depth, their kids are high quality and Hird/Lloyd are genuine matchwinners. write them off at your peril.

Bout time someone realises that the dons are a decent finals prospect

:thumbsu: for you TigerFan

1. West Coast
2. St Kilda
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Kangaroos
6. Melbourne
7. Bulldogs
8. Adelaide
9. Brisbane
10. Fremantle
11. Richmond
12. Collingwood
13. Port Adelaide
14. Essendon
15. Hawthorn
16. Carlton

Swifty_446 said:
That's really funny, especially after we blew you out of the water last season. I look forward to winning by more this season.

But I suppose you'll still be the better team.....

But you can't base it on one game from the season. If you are going to do that, I'll just bring up the Round 6 game where we beat you by the same margin.

The Bulldogs haven't made the finals since 2000, yet some people think they're automatically going to make it next season because they strung together some late season form. I'm not saying the Bulldogs aren't a good side because I think they're a good group but they aren't as good as Geelong.

Geelong have made a PF and lost a SF in the final seconds. What have the Bulldogs done to earn such a reputation?

Good to see the majority underrating the kangas again

1. Geelong
2. West Coast
3. St.Kilda
4. Fremantle
5. Sydney
6. Kangaroos
7. Adelaide
8. Brisbane

9. Bulldogs
10. Collingwood
11. Melbourne