Predicted/desired trades for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you stuffed this thread up right there. Williams the 2nd best small forward in the league(after Brad Johnson), for 2 washed up hacks and you dont stipulate what # draft pick.
Now if you're going to be serious be serious. With all this talk of Judd beibg worth 2 top 5 picks etc( personally I don't think he'll leave) Williams is at least 2 picks in the top 10. At worst a top 10 pick and a quality player ie..... Actually scrap the players. Your club has become so tainted I wouldn't want any player/s who have played under this current regime.
Young Mckinley who impressed in the U/18s & hasn't had alot of exposure, plus 2 first round picks, maybe an option.

:D That's one of the funniest posts I have ever seen!

2 first round picks and McKinley for Williams? Really realistic.:rolleyes:

No chance and No chance.

i dont see why both trades are no chance, ok perhaps not doughty but a player of equal or better value.

and meesen for mcmahon suits both teams, dogs need more talls crows need more pace.
meesen from vic, mcmahon from sa

so very much a chance

i think ya got a really good point there. picking up ready made ruckmen seems the way to go, instead of trainin them up yourselves. look at sydeny when was the last time they trained a ruckman and yet theyve played in two grannies in a row. they got jolly and everitt for not alot. essendon drafted bradley and ryder and laycock and cartledge recently as ruckman and have any of them shown any promise to be a ruckman. i rekon sydneys onto something there.

For Hawthorn, I'd love to trade Joel Smith for anything we could get.

And I'd like to recruit another ready-made ruckman who can help us while Bailey and Renouf develop. Beau McDonald from the Lions could be handy and may be available. If we could get him for a 3rd round pick I'd be happy.

not sure who essendon would look to get but need someone who can hit a target. i read in the paper everybodys 2 best kickers and most were midfielders but essendons were there 2 key fowards, Lucas and Lloyd.
Would love to snare McMahon, he's a great player, would give up Slattery or Bradley and 3rd round pick

The question then becomes what Adelaide can get for him, remembering that he was taken at #8 in the National Draft two years ago. Adelaide may well accept a one-for-one swap for Jay Schulz or Jordan McMahon. They would certainly be looking for a 1st round draft selection, though maybe not top-10.

Geelong needs another ruckman with King on his last legs, and Meesen is originally a Geelong boy so would presumably be happy to come home.

One of your fellow Crows supporters mentioned earlier in the thread that you need an outside midfielder - how about Shannon Byrnes and a late draft pick for Meesen?

Byrnes has just turned 23, has played 35 games, is very quick and also a natural footballer in that he knows how to read the play and where to find it, and has good skills. His problem at Geelong is that we have a few young players of his type - Stokes, Prismall, Tenace, Gamble, Varcoe, Djerrkura, Hogan - and we need a ruckman more than we need an extra small outside midfielder.

Throw in a late draft pick and I reckon thats more than fair for a bloke that hasn't even played a game yet.

I think the Pies will be aiming to keep most of their draft picks but may look to trade Lonie, Licuria, Richards or Egan.

Suspect they would want picks or a 20-25yo midfielder who is struggling to get a game.

Guys like;

James Kelly / Tenace / Mackie from the Cats - Cats have plenty of mids and a great young list. Maybe Lonie would be of interest to them. They dont have a flexible mid that can play a variety of roles.

Others would be Sylvia / Ray / Griffen / McMahon. Both Dogs and Dees need blokes that win hard footy. Licca and a pick might be in the mix. I think Trav Johnstone might be on his bike as well this year. He needs a change. I know Dees have interest dating back to draft in Egan.

Tigers dont have anyone I think we would want other than Foley or Newman (who might be available) but I think they need some classy outside mids like Egan.

As has been said Priddis / Rosa might be keen for a permanent mid spot.

Freo certainly need a potential x factor midfielder - they may have one coming thru. Murphy appeals on that list for the Pies.

Adelaide have Vince / Knights but suspect they will stay. Agree Meesen will come home. Signed a 1 yr contract.

Long way to go.

Geelong needs another ruckman with King on his last legs, and Meesen is originally a Geelong boy so would presumably be happy to come home.

One of your fellow Crows supporters mentioned earlier in the thread that you need an outside midfielder - how about Shannon Byrnes and a late draft pick for Meesen?

Byrnes has just turned 23, has played 35 games, is very quick and also a natural footballer in that he knows how to read the play and where to find it, and has good skills. His problem at Geelong is that we have a few young players of his type - Stokes, Prismall, Tenace, Gamble, Varcoe, Djerrkura, Hogan - and we need a ruckman more than we need an extra small outside midfielder.

Throw in a late draft pick and I reckon thats more than fair for a bloke that hasn't even played a game yet.

how about meesen, late pick for kelly??
or about meesen, late pick for tenace?

I think the Pies will be aiming to keep most of their draft picks but may look to trade Lonie, Licuria, Richards or Egan.

Suspect they would want picks or a 20-25yo midfielder who is struggling to get a game.

Guys like;

James Kelly / Tenace / Mackie from the Cats - Cats have plenty of mids and a great young list. Maybe Lonie would be of interest to them. They dont have a flexible mid that can play a variety of roles.

Others would be Sylvia / Ray / Griffen / McMahon. Both Dogs and Dees need blokes that win hard footy. Licca and a pick might be in the mix. I think Trav Johnstone might be on his bike as well this year. He needs a change. I know Dees have interest dating back to draft in Egan.

Tigers dont have anyone I think we would want other than Foley or Newman (who might be available) but I think they need some classy outside mids like Egan.

As has been said Priddis / Rosa might be keen for a permanent mid spot.

Freo certainly need a potential x factor midfielder - they may have one coming thru. Murphy appeals on that list for the Pies.

Adelaide have Vince / Knights but suspect they will stay. Agree Meesen will come home. Signed a 1 yr contract.

Long way to go.

from collingwood i'd like to get sean rusling back to SA, so similar to the post earlier.
meesen and say a 3rd rounder??

:D That's one of the funniest posts I have ever seen!

2 first round picks and McKinley for Williams? Really realistic.:rolleyes:

:eek: Hey Pudda yes Pudda, whats so funny. I said 2 first round picks could be reworded cos of the priority pick systems being changed. Would have to be at least 2 picks 1st in top ten & other in late teens/early 20s.
Remember the're getting a 60-80 goal forward who just turned 24.

from collingwood i'd like to get sean rusling back to SA, so similar to the post earlier.
meesen and say a 3rd rounder??

I suspect they would think about it. Rusling is seen as pretty important goign fwd but he is injury prone and they do rate Meesen.

What mids would Adel be thinking about trading

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meesen will go home. I guess we have to remember that 3 way trades could play a part, rather than just straight swaps.

1) Ryan Murphy + 3rd Round pick for Ray Bulldogs + 4 pick
2) Campbell + 1st Round pick pick for Ray Bulldogs + 3rd pick
3) 2nd Round pick Freo for Matthew Moody Lions
4) 2nd Round pick and 3rd Round picks for Richard Hardley Lions

What Adelaide need are KPP forwards and quick midfielders.

In an ideal world, I'd like to see Meesen traded to Geelong in a one-for-one swap with Travis Varcoe. However, I expect Varcoe to become an established player in Geelong's team this year with a commensurate rise in his "value". Meanwhile, Meesen will continue to play for Norwood (might get a handful of games with Adelaide late in the year if he's lucky), with no equivalent rise in value.

It is quite likely that Meesen will get traded to Geelong. However, other than Varcoe I'm not so sure that Geelong have anything Adelaide would find to be of interest. Maybe Geelong's 1st round draft pick (likely to be around 9-12 mark)? This would more than likely lead to a 3-way trade being arranged and it's far too hard to speculate who that 3rd club might be or what they might be able to offer.

Hawthorn would be looking for a 24-28 year old Ruckman, experianced

as for Williams for Wooden and Fletcher? what the hell, williams is our main goalkicker, we dont need wooden and fletcher at all, unless williams grabbed us by the balls and demanded to go home or walk into the psd, we wouldnt be taking 25+ year old midfielders, we already have 22-24 year old midfielders who play their position and are better, we would demand two first round picks for williams,

ahh what do collingwood give up in that?
do they give up the 3rd round draft pick?
if so theres a very good deal for collingwood kelly is still a classy player and u will be lucky to draft some1 that good as kelly in the 3rd round (unless u pick up a father/son like hawkins)

the 3 way trade could be:

Meesen and a 3rd round pick to Geelong
Kelly to Collingwood
Varcoe to Adelaide

ahh what do collingwood give up in that?
do they give up the 3rd round draft pick?
if so theres a very good deal for collingwood kelly is still a classy player and u will be lucky to draft some1 that good as kelly in the 3rd round (unless u pick up a father/son like hawkins)

prob a 2nd rounder then or perhaps an established player such as licuria or rhys shaw

:eek: Hey Pudda yes Pudda, whats so funny. I said 2 first round picks could be reworded cos of the priority pick systems being changed. Would have to be at least 2 picks 1st in top ten & other in late teens/early 20s.
Remember the're getting a 60-80 goal forward who just turned 24.

I don't think so.

You are probably just used to dealing with North who would give you guys two first round picks for anyone.

Maybe 1 first round pick.

Don't forget that Tarrant went for pick 8 and he is a better player than William.

Don't get me wrong, he is good and bloody quick, but I think Hawthorn's lack of decent forwards makes him seem better than he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back