Predicted/desired trades for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that Tarrant went for pick 8 and he is a better player than William.

very debatable, would you rather tarrant or williams on your team? 90% of people would go with williams, two 60+ goals years and hes 24, tarrant had one break-out season and apart from that hasnt really done much

ahh what do collingwood give up in that?
do they give up the 3rd round draft pick?
if so theres a very good deal for collingwood kelly is still a classy player and u will be lucky to draft some1 that good as kelly in the 3rd round (unless u pick up a father/son like hawkins)

Yeah I think we woudl probably have to give up a second round pick for him.

Johnson was going to go for our pick 28 last year, Scotland went for 35 some years ago.

I think Pies would have to give up a 25 pick or so to make that work. Probably more interested in Johnson for the same pick though. Issue with him is he will be done with injuries by 30.

Think a lot of people over rate Ray and Griffen. Been in the system a while and I dont think they are at the level of some of the high picks in that draft. They would be around 12-18 I suspect.

yeh very debatable i agree most people would take williams over tarrant.
reasons
1. far more consistent
2. younger
3. (and most important) he can actually kick for goal

youd expect to give up a first round plus a reasonable player for someone like williams

very debatable, would you rather tarrant or williams on your team? 90% of people would go with williams, two 60+ goals years and hes 24, tarrant had one break-out season and apart from that hasnt really done much

yeh i agree although with some1 like watson getting in and under possesions hope he can turn out to be a scott west type player, feeding the ball out to the dysons, and winderlichs who can run away and kick with it to our key fowards.

I would love to get an in and under midfielder, not really fazed who, obviously not a proven one like Kerr, or McLean but a young up and comer.

Think a lot of people over rate Ray and Griffen. Been in the system a while and I dont think they are at the level of some of the high picks in that draft. They would be around 12-18 I suspect.

Where do I sign up for that! Fast tough young skillful player like griffen id give up pick 12 easy, heres me praying for that to happen!

Think it's a bit dangerous to compare one year's trade with the next. Different drafts have different strengths.

Look at last year - almost nobody (read other than Freo) parted with their top pick. But in supposedly weaker drafts, we've had 2 top picks go for Ottens and Hays.

Hawthorn would be looking for a 24-28 year old Ruckman, experianced

as for Williams for Wooden and Fletcher? what the hell, williams is our main goalkicker, we dont need wooden and fletcher at all, unless williams grabbed us by the balls and demanded to go home or walk into the psd, we wouldnt be taking 25+ year old midfielders, we already have 22-24 year old midfielders who play their position and are better, we would demand two first round picks for williams,

I actually said wooden, fletcher and a first round pick

yeh very debatable i agree most people would take williams over tarrant.
reasons
1. far more consistent
2. younger
3. (and most important) he can actually kick for goal

youd expect to give up a first round plus a reasonable player for someone like williams

Hmm, how about a first round pick plus rosa and fletcher.
Very reluctant to put rosa in there because he's got a lot of potential

What Adelaide need are KPP forwards and quick midfielders.

In an ideal world, I'd like to see Meesen traded to Geelong in a one-for-one swap with Travis Varcoe. However, I expect Varcoe to become an established player in Geelong's team this year with a commensurate rise in his "value". Meanwhile, Meesen will continue to play for Norwood (might get a handful of games with Adelaide late in the year if he's lucky), with no equivalent rise in value.

It is quite likely that Meesen will get traded to Geelong. However, other than Varcoe I'm not so sure that Geelong have anything Adelaide would find to be of interest. Maybe Geelong's 1st round draft pick (likely to be around 9-12 mark)? This would more than likely lead to a 3-way trade being arranged and it's far too hard to speculate who that 3rd club might be or what they might be able to offer.

Quick midfielders? Shannon Byrnes is your man. I would have thought that a quality young player like that would be more than enough compensation, especially as he's the type you need.

the 3 way trade could be:

Meesen and a 3rd round pick to Geelong
Kelly to Collingwood
Varcoe to Adelaide

So Geelong gives up Kelly - clearly in the best 22 when fit - AND Varcoe - still very young but shaping up very nicely - for a third round pick and a guy who hasn't played a single senior game and who you've just told us is behind at least four other ruckmen at his club? I want some of whatever you're on ...

We keep Varcoe and you upgrade to a higher pick, and we're getting closer.

So Geelong gives up Kelly - clearly in the best 22 when fit - AND Varcoe - still very young but shaping up very nicely - for a third round pick and a guy who hasn't played a single senior game and who you've just told us is behind at least four other ruckmen at his club? I want some of whatever you're on ...

We keep Varcoe and you upgrade to a higher pick, and we're getting closer.

John Meesen was taken at no.8 in the draft if im not mistaken and if he wasnt injured at the moment would be in the best 22.
I dont think you could say the same for Varcoe at Geelong.
Where as the 3 way deal would work, you get Meesen, and lets say Rhys Shaw.
Collingwood gets Kelly and a draft pick.
Adelaide gets Varcoe and a draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only thing hawthorn DONT need is players like Rosa, Fletcher, Ect. hawthorn have enough midfielders in their type, we would need KPP's, an experianced ruckman, or a forward, throwing in players YOU dont need plus a first round doesnt mean we will throw away our biggest goalkicker, unless fletcher or rosa or this first round pick we get can walk into the team and kick 50 goals a season

mathew moody from brisbane for a 2nd or 3rd round pick depending on how he goes this year

that would be all i imagine. i doubt we would get involved in another big trade unless a gun young midfielder becomes available

the only thing hawthorn DONT need is players like Rosa, Fletcher, Ect. hawthorn have enough midfielders in their type, we would need KPP's, an experianced ruckman, or a forward

Seaby - experienced 22 year old ruck who is rated by many as the best backup ruckman. Would be starting for many other teams but unlucky we have Cox.

& pick 16

if i was west coast i'd be very reclutent to give up rosa. he is a very promising young midfielder and i would hope to get a fair bit for him. as for fletcher well i rekon he's still a very good player but being a bit older he may have to be the one to go. 1st round pick + fletcher would be more than fair for willaims

John Meesen was taken at no.8 in the draft if im not mistaken and if he wasnt injured at the moment would be in the best 22.
I dont think you could say the same for Varcoe at Geelong.
Where as the 3 way deal would work, you get Meesen, and lets say Rhys Shaw.
Collingwood gets Kelly and a draft pick.
Adelaide gets Varcoe and a draft pick.

Meesen + 3rd round selection directly for Varcoe sounds about right.

Not sure why Collingwood would need to be involved at all.

Actually, Adelaide may simply want to improve their position in the draft. We have a LOT of players who we will be looking to retire or delist in the next year or two (Ricciuto to retire, Massie and (possibly) Biglands to delist, plus possibly Gill if he is unable to get his body right).

I personally would prefer to receive Geelong's 1st round selection rather than giving up a player + a 3rd round selection. However, I would not argue against a trade involving Varcoe. Considerably less interested in Byrnes.

Ill give ya Tiges fans the tip now. Mark Coughlan is all but gone at seasons end. Very angry about the treatment he received from the medical staff with his knee so much so he went against their advice and got surgery from a different physio. Last time the surgery performed was very shoddy and effectively it didnt work. My guess is he comes back to W.A

Hope the Eagles offer 2nd rounder + one of our youngsters like LeCras McKinley or maybe even Priddis + 3rd rounder

Seaby - experienced 22 year old ruck who is rated by many as the best backup ruckman. Would be starting for many other teams but unlucky we have Cox.

& pick 16

That is reasonable though I'm not sure I'd classify Seaby as the best backup ruckmen myself.

The concept of a large ruckman/forward would be appealing especially if Roughead & Boyle don't show much in the way of improvement for 2007.

& pick 16
see, thats a much better trade, probably wouldnt happen, but hawthorn would be looking at it insted of this awesome "wooden and fletcher" deal

Ill give ya Tiges fans the tip now. Mark Coughlan is all but gone at seasons end. Very angry about the treatment he received from the medical staff with his knee so much so he went against their advice and got surgery from a different physio. Last time the surgery performed was very shoddy and effectively it didnt work. My guess is he comes back to W.A

Hope the Eagles offer 2nd rounder + one of our youngsters like LeCras McKinley or maybe even Priddis + 3rd rounder

Wrong, I spoke to Mark and although disapointed he loves Richmond and would never leave.

He will be back to his elite ways sooner rather than later.

Mark Coughlan is Richmond through and through.

John Meeson might be on the go for the Tigers but you ain't getting Meyer or Schulz no way no.

see, thats a much better trade, probably wouldnt happen, but hawthorn would be looking at it insted of this awesome "wooden and fletcher" deal

There is now way we could give away seaby coz then we would have to rely on spaanderdud as our backup. Well if we had williams at full forward, we could put lynch at CHF and with mitch brown coming up through the ranks, the need for hansen is diminishing. I like hansen as a player and i have no anti-hansen agenda like other bigfooty members (*cough Ross*).
So hansen and first round pick for williams?

There is now way we could give away seaby coz then we would have to rely on spaanderdud as our backup. Well if we had williams at full forward, we could put lynch at CHF and with mitch brown coming up through the ranks, the need for hansen is diminishing. I like hansen as a player and i have no anti-hansen agenda like other bigfooty members (*cough Ross*).
So hansen and first round pick for williams?

That trade would be acceptable only if Roughead or Boyle became major goal kickers in 2007. The major bonus of Hansen's game is his good set of hands and work ethic to open up the forward line. Unfortunately as it stands now only Williams can really make use of any space we create.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back