Review Preliminary Final, 2022 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I expected them to be found out in this finals series under intense speed and pressure from younger teams.

I suppose next week will tell the tale.

They seem to have a lot of young up and coming players nominating them as a trade destination, but time will eventually catch up to them. You can't replace some of the experience they have out there and a lot of it looks set to depart at the same time - probably next year.

Commiserations and bad luck with tonight's result; if there are any supporters that can empathise with tough finals losses it's a Geelong fan (and maybe Collingwood, too).

Overall a successful season for Brisbane and there's no reason why the core of this team can't put themselves in a position to compete at the pointy end again next year.

Luke power got carried out after his final game as a lion at the Gabba then went to GWS the next year

At the end of the season when we weren't competing in finals. I don't get your comparison.

The Pies should've rolled them last week.

They half fluked it.

But yes 15 in a row deserves kudos.
The Cats are an old and ageing team, this is their last hurrah, when their old stars like Hawkins, Rohan, Dangermouse, Duckwood, Toohey, Duncan, Issac smith, Guthrie etc all leave bout the same time, the arse will fall out of them.

I’m strangely ok with tonight. Sure, it sucks, I was there and it was bad. Really weird night tbh. But the take away I had more so was how good they were rather than how bad we were.

Last week was our Everest, clearly.

Too big, too strong, too well drilled. Simply a class above. At ground level, we looked completely spent too, we just couldn’t cover the ground.

The last 2 weeks were unexpected and heaps of fun, sure we fell short but what a ride, I’ll never forget last Friday night.

I think we take the confidence of the last 2 weeks to build on, but still take tonights belting and say - we NEED to make changes.

I was a bit worried a close loss might have meant we drift Idle through pre-season, hopefully this is that slap across the face we needed.

Bring in players, re-jigg the coaching set up under Fages, teach defense.

We need to be better.

Proud of the club, looking forward to a break, it been a draining year.

Gotta try find a way to laugh tonight!
Yeah. I'm very disappointed in how we played but there were a few bright spots there amongst our younger players and let's be honest we've known for some time we weren't good enough this year.

The previous 2 weeks were exciting which raised expectations and we know we have work to do to become a serious threat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was hard to watch. Shattered. Thought it would be much closer than that. Fell back to a predictable game plan

On the positive side, Geelong lost their prelim by more points last year, so a good reset and we'll be right in it. Positive for next year

Didn’t think you would.

You said name one player that wasn’t retiring that got to do a big I’m leaving announcement. Luke Power.

I guess I got you to go through an irrelevant exercise then because what happened with Luke is of no comparison to Mitch. Good job of thinking up someone though!

I guess I got you to go through an irrelevant exercise then because what happened with Luke is of no comparison to Mitch. Good job of thinking up someone though!
Yes perhaps this will make you more precise in your speech next time. It will assist other posters greatly and will waste less of our time

Stayed till the end. Geelong bigger stronger. Watched Dangerfield put on a display. Bombing it into the forward line with Geelong having a spare back was never going to work - reminded me of the home and away Melbourne game when we got flogged. Crap way to end the year. Hope Rayner is ok.

Didn’t get a send off…. would you have played him tonight to get a send off?
Pretty poor by Mitch… sink the boots in the second the siren goes. I love Robbo but that is pretty poor taste on his behalf.
He should have been allowed to do it at the Gabba after the Tigers game, I wasn't referring to him playing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Preliminary Final, 2022 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Back