Preview Preliminary Final: Collingwood v GWS, MCG 22 September, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Kingsley is saying Briggs will be “marginally” less than 100% when he runs out on Friday night.

I’m assuming we still go with two ruckmen and really try to take advantage, nullify what would have been a midfield strength for them. Our forwards and backline should give us an edge.

Cox to put a knee straight through him at the opening bounce.

It’s been an astonishing effort to get to this point considering we have no one in the midfield according to Heaf, an average forward line and a backline that can’t defend 1 on 1.

You can sense the fear emanating from the unwashed masses that the boys will show why they finished a game clear and were able to half-arse it in the last six games of the season.

Collingwood by 47.

There a particular midfielder that we'd want Pendles or Crisp to run with?

Kelly and Cogs are the most damaging but Green's a pretty prolific ball winner.

Can see Pendles minding Tom Green at stoppages. He's had success going against big bodied mids in the past. Unless he's deployed as the sweeper like he played against the Dees.

I have Crisp on Green and to turn him around with pace.

Lipinski to come from half forward to run with Kelly.

The others just mix and match.

Crisp cannot go with Green at the contest, it's a waste of Crispy's aerobic capacity IMO

I think of Crispy lines up at HF again then he's the man for the Whitfield role. Absolutely burn him going back toward goal.

That's a way better match up for Crispy than Green, but I'd still prefer him running with Kelly and shutting him down

GWS were inaccurate and won on expected score
Pies got all the bounces of the ball
GWS all had the flu all week
MCG is too big an advantage
Our players were too physical
Pies got a lucky umpiring decision in Q1 which changed all momentum
Crowd was an even number
Saturn was in retrograde
Pies lost scores from stoppages on the left half forward flank which we all know is a strength of 9 of the last 11 premiers

etc etc
It was all won in the first quarter
GWS were inaccurate
Pies were lucky they kicked straight
Pies parked the bus
If X happened then they would have won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Kingsley is saying Briggs will be “marginally” less than 100% when he runs out on Friday night.

I’m assuming we still go with two ruckmen and really try to take advantage, nullify what would have been a midfield strength for them. Our forwards and backline should give us an edge.
If we don't bump his shoulder all night we are silly

I’ve had the big big sound song stuck in my head for nearly a week, now I like the song but at this point it’s driving me insane, for the love of Xenu I hope we smash them so I can exorcise this tune from my brain.
You need a cleanser

GWs are not bothered by travel. Geographically speaking they are well placed being only an hour from Melbourne. Plus the Port game last week was pretty bruise free.

Travel and preparation are not an issue for them. Their only issue is can the seventh ranked team beat the top team. They will believe they can.
The other issue is connection with community. Don't know much about GWS but I've been to western Sydney a few times. Huge sprawling diverse mega suburb but I couldn't see much evidence of connection to GWS. I realise they are an expansion club created by the AFL. Collingwood on the other hand was created by the Collingwood community to serve the community and has retained and strengthened those deep links since 1892. To paraphrase Pendles the team that stays connected the longest (including its community, history and values) will win.

Floreat Pica

I’ve had the big big sound song stuck in my head for nearly a week, now I like the song but at this point it’s driving me insane, for the love of Xenu I hope we smash them so I can exorcise this tune from my brain.
Hahaha same been singing it in my head all day can't ****ing shake it off

Hahaha same been singing it in my head all day can't ******* shake it off
Me too! Especially the instrumental. Been living rent free in my head for days!!

I’ll admit I do actually love their song. It does a good job resembling the classic old songs.

Cannot stand the more modern songs of all the other expansion teams.

Every time Titch gets the handball out to Jordy or Pendles, Green can remind him how short he is and that'll make them even
What is more likely is that Green continually breaks a Titch tackle - what then?
Oh - he can remind Titch he’s 10cm taller- sorry I forgot 😆

Last edited:
Me too! Especially the instrumental. Been living rent free in my head for days!!

I’ll admit I do actually love their song. It does a good job resembling the classic old songs.

Cannot stand the more modern songs of all the other expansion teams.
it was written by cat empire in the style of Russian folk music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back