Preliminary Final Edition - Which club do you think will win the flag?

Who do you think will win the flag?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Geelong

Votes: 45 41.7%
  • Sydney

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 28 25.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutfeel says Port... i just think after all they have copped etc that they will jag it.

I think Port will beat the Lions in the GF
You are mozzing Port beautifully after saying they would win the QF by 10+ goals, while Geelong were straight sets certainties.

While we are grateful for your service, Port have the neutrals behind them so if you could not put the mozz on them again it would be appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Geelong will win the flag.

If Brisbane happen to beat Geelong though, then I think they'll beat the winner of Sydney vs Port.

Port's best shot at a premiership was playing Sydney in a grand final. I doubt they'll trouble Geelong or Brisbane based on their last respective games against them.

The lack of Sydney votes is wild.

People won't let go what they perceive as finals chokes. Sydney's 3 last grand final performances meant one little form dip this year made people jump off them.

They should be strong favourites. GWS was the big test and they passed it.

The lack of Sydney votes is wild.

People won't let go what they perceive as finals chokes. Sydney's 3 last grand final performances meant one little form dip this year made people jump off them.

They should be strong favourites. GWS was the big test and they passed it.
Probably the 112 point loss to Port and their 5-5 record for their last 10 games doesn't look good. Although, prior to Round 16, I thought Sydney were a lock for the premiership, they've dropped off considerably since. I can't really think of a team who had average recent form winning the premiership. Port Adelaide, Brisbane are 8-2 and Geelong are 7-3 their past 10 matches.

Last edited:
Probably the 112 point loss to Port and their 5-5 record for their last 10 games doesn't look good. Although, prior to Round 16, I thought Sydney were a lock for the premiership, they've dropped off considerably since. I can't really think of a team who had average recent form winning the premiership.
That is a reasonable point but it's obscured when a team basically had top 2 locked away so early. Usually teams keep winning anyway, but I'm not sure that's what causes them to take the flag. The bit securing top 2 goes a lot further.

That is a reasonable point but it's obscured when a team basically had top 2 locked away so early. Usually teams keep winning anyway, but I'm not sure that's what causes them to take the flag. The bit securing top 2 goes a lot further.
They didn't secure the top 2 until the second to last match of the season, though, I thought they were going to drop out of the top 4 after that Port game performance, they came close to losing their position, they were lucky they had non-finalists for their last 3 matches. I can't find any record of a team going with the recent form of 5-5 into a prelim and winning a premiership. The closest I could find is Adelaide with 6-4 in 1998.

I know over here in SA a few of us Crows fans are going to be cashed up when Port win the flag. figured if they are going to win it we need something to soften the blow. i got port last week at $18 and chucked a bit of cash on JHF and Butters for the Norm smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preliminary Final Edition - Which club do you think will win the flag?

Back