2nds Preliminary Final Northern Bullants v Williamstown Seagulls

Remove this Banner Ad

PS. Any one still calling for Chris Johnson to be delisted needs a good, stern, navy blue boot to the head. He was BRILLIANT. Should feature in our team each week if injury free.

Levi is tought and crashes packs which I love to see. We have a lot of payers who avoid physical contact and live loves it, it's a good sign.
Saad would be worth picking up as a rookie, he's very talented and skillful.
Dare has a bit to like about him.
Anderson refuses to stop improving as a player. Gutsy and tough, just lacks kicking skills and a bit of size and strength.
Jacobs is looking confident.
Mark Austin will have a massive job on Hale next weekend, might decide where he finished up as I recon he'll go onto our rookie list.
Touhy didn't have a great day but still did plenty of good things.

Doubt it. GC have put an offer on the table for him. He will stay on the senior list.

Casboult's mark and Kerr's goal are on this link.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/stories/2010/09/12/3009358.htm?site=sport&section=afl
i'm sorry but ellard's field kicking is nowhere near as bad as your making it out to be. I remember reading one of your posts the day before our final regarding his kicking, and I paid close attention to it during the match. Not once did I see ellard fluff a kick. One time in aprticular when he was coming out of the back 50 under pressure from a swan and put it right on the tit of waite, who had an opponent right on his back.

amidoingitright? using one example to back up a point, thus making my argument credible?

not to mention that his kicking for goal isn't too shabby.

fact is ellard has taken his chances at AFL level and browne hasn't. stop all the bias.
I didn't like what I saw from Ellard in the final against Sydney, so it isn't just one example that has me querying his place. Ellard is one paced and can't kick over a jam tin. If we delisted Ellard, I doubt that another club would draft him to improve their list's bottom end.

No bias.

Browne isn't a world beater, yet he ticks more boxes than Ellard. Better overhead after he leapt a mile to intercept a kick at CHB and recovered quickly to move it on. Plays the same role too after he beat a Bulldogs listed rookie who has starred this year. I see more ability in Browne than Ellard.
no point putting up a credible argument champ. You just will not make any progress. But General is entitled to his opinion and I am sure he would be the first to acknowledge Ellard earnt his place this year due to circumstances initially and then by deeds. We all know his limitations and it would be nice if we had a team filled with 22 AA.
Speaking of bias. :eek: :D

I think I know where TG is coming from in that on paper Browne should have more tools to work with. Ellard seems to be extremely motivated, extremely professional and extremely hard worker.....what you want out of a rookie.....has worked his backside off to get the best of what he was given. I reckon Ellard is playing a role in the side and doing it to the absolute best of his abilities, and doing it better than Browne has when he has had his opportunities. If you can't see the improvement in him then you've got it wrong. Having said that, I reckon he has touched on his relative weaknesses and I still think he will be up against it as we continue to strengthen the list.

I think I know where TG is coming from in that on paper Browne should have more tools to work with. Ellard seems to be extremely motivated, extremely professional and extremely hard worker.....what you want out of a rookie.....has worked his backside off to get the best of what he was given. I reckon Ellard is playing a role in the side and doing it to the absolute best of his abilities, and doing it better than Browne has when he has had his opportunities. If you can't see the improvement in him then you've got it wrong. Having said that, I reckon he has touched on his relative weaknesses and I still think he will be up against it as we continue to strengthen the list.

Top post. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am shocked that anybody who watches football regularly could possibly rate Steven Browne above Ellard.

Seriously.
Browne's first year was as good, if not better than Ellard's role as a tagger this season.

Ellard was nothing until a run of games in the second half of 2010.

You want to dump Hampson to keep Jacobs at any cost and play him ahead of Kreuzer in the ruck, so I think you're in the same boat with your view on a player. I'd disagree with anyone who thinks Jacobs will be better than Hampson at 25 years of age. So don't be so condescending because I haven't a different view. Browne has played midfield before where he's run with Rich, Masten and through the midfield against St Kilda in a good run of games last year.

Browne filled in admirably for Houlihan as a defensive small forward against WC this year.

Browne can mark and kick 50 plus.

Ellard is a small forward who developed into a one paced tagger.

Rather go with Browne for that spot on the list and move AJ back into a tagging role next year.

Delist Ellard and put him back on the rookie list if that's possible.

That's where your Andrew Hoopers, David Ellards, Jaryd Blairs, etc.belong.

Man, you must really hate short people.

Wouldn't pigeon hole Ellard as just a tagger, he does a fair amount of grunt work in the middle as well.

Browne had many opportunities and clearly didn't do enough to keep his spot in the side. If he's still on the list, he should be working on improving enough in one position so he becomes a stand out, rather than a jack of all trades.

Browne's first year was as good, if not better than Ellard's role as a tagger this season.

Ellard was nothing until a run of games in the second half of 2010.

You want to dump Hampson to keep Jacobs at any cost and play him ahead of Kreuzer in the ruck, so I think you're in the same boat with your view on a player. I'd disagree with anyone who thinks Jacobs will be better than Hampson at 25 years of age. So don't be so condescending because I haven't a different view. Browne has played midfield before where he's run with Rich, Masten and through the midfield against St Kilda in a good run of games last year.

Browne filled in admirably for Houlihan as a defensive small forward against WC this year.

Browne can mark and kick 50 plus.

Ellard is a small forward who developed into a one paced tagger.

Rather go with Browne for that spot on the list and move AJ back into a tagging role next year.

Delist Ellard and put him back on the rookie list if that's possible.

That's where your Andrew Hoopers, David Ellards, Jaryd Blairs, etc.belong.

If you think Browne is so much better than Ellard then why didn't the MC pick him ahead of Ellard?

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Preliminary Final Northern Bullants v Williamstown Seagulls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back