Preview Preliminary Final - Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Fri 16/10 7.50pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If chol plays and he plays like a b*tch again this board will explode, God i hope he doesn't play.
Funny thing is Marbs actually had a decent game in the loss to Port in round 11. It would be an absolute shock if he is somehow selected but could be a wildcard........

Bracing for the "dislikes".

Chol was ****ing useless in the last two games and if he plays we may as well give the game to Port. Brisbane just ran off him because the soft **** didn't want to be there, trotting around like a pansy. He was just as bad the week before.

Don't flirt with form.

It's a ****ing preliminary final not some last game of the season where we we finish 12th and play Jayden Post to see if he's got anything before we delist him.

imo we have a few things in our favour this week
-last time we played port they were primed, it's the best I have seen them play all year. they were on top of the ladder and set themselves to prove it, it was just another home and away for us. even though it's a prelim this week, and shouldn't really matter, we attack the teams after being beaten by them. we will hunt port on friday
- the last 2 weeks we have been really fumblely, so getting away from Queensland will be good for our bash and crash style and ball handling.
-lastly its not just the 7 ins this week, its the 7 outs as well, I remember the egg man had a shocker last time, Robbie and port's small's mightn't have it as easy this time around.
- the strength of our coaching staff, changing our scoring style last week, after Brisbane stopped us having any defensive 50 intercept marks. we now have a few ways to play. port won't dominate clearances this week. plus the way our backs spoiled long last week was interesting b/c port and bris both scored a lot with crumbling goals at the foot of the pack. we do learn from our loses.

it might be crazy but I'm more confident of a win on Friday than the last 2 finals, time will tell. it should be a fierce contest though. go tiges
We stopped the number 1 team that gets out-the-back goals in St Kilda from getting a lot of out-the-back goals last week after tearing us apart in Round 4 with out-the-back goals. Indeed, we do learn from our previous mistakes.

Credit to the playing group for listening well to the coaches. The good thing is that we have good tacticians in the coaching rank AND good listeners on the field. Combine the two and it’s no wonder why we don’t tend to lose the second time around. The players being good listeners is almost as important as the coaches being good analysts and tacticians of the game.

They are the underdogs
What rubbish all this Port underdogs talk and media fawning all over them is...

they should 100% be firm favourites

spent the last week resting up in their own homes/beds - week off
Zero injuries
On top of the ladder ALL YEAR
Playing at home with full stands of passionate fans....

Make no mistake- if Tigers win this it will be one of our greatest finals victories ever.

I dont know if this is an oppo banned thread, if it is please do delete. I am very wary of your mob and the players that were missing earlier in the year - all absolute A graders (bar maybe graham). I love Dimma and have huge respect for Richmond especially what you have achieved the last 5 years. Clearly the benchmark of the AFL.

It will be tough and tight, and I think whilst Port's best this year is good enough to win, I feel like if Richmond can get close to squaring up clearance and contested possession numbers, I think you have more polish that could get you over the line. I pray i am wrong.

A good number of Port fans are by no means underestimating this Richmond outfit !
Pity it's not the gf.
2 best sides this year.

Yes Chol can provide support in the ruck we know that, but at what level.

We can't afford to have Chol in the ruck for long because he's does not provide a contest and we need Nank mostly rucking.

So either he is sitting on the bench and we are one rotation down or he is doing bugger all in the forward line most likely enabling his oppenent to double team lynch.

Surely Hardwick taking the piss.
Two time premiership coaches usually take the piss ;)

Would like to see us try go mad with the forward handball again. Really caused them some issues last year as they’re so good in tight but kinda slow if you can keep the handball chain moving. I’m pretty sure last years game at the G we set a record for Meters gained by handball

As cathartic as our Qualifying win over Geelong was, our 2007 sh*t stain doesn't get fully removed until we beat them in a Grand Final.
Just quietly that is the #1 reason I want to win the prelim and why I hope they beat Brisbane.
The second is to stick it up McGuire and our need to beg and grovel to wear our traditional jumper.
The third is to stick it up the Crows.

I don't mind Richmond, your coach is a Port premiership player, Williams and Lade were there for a long time, but more importantly we are both state league behemoths trying to continue our success nationally. I'm looking forward to the game, but with the knowledge that for both sides we are at best 2 games away from falling off the cliff into the football drought, which is going to be harder than usual to deal with.

So lets be happy that our sides are competing this weekend, and Collingwood and the crows are not.
I'm with ya all the way in regards to Geelong.
Be great if they get done this week but if not then get done by either of us will be just as sweet.👍🏆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balta actually looked better in the ruck than Nank if I'm honest. And far better than Chol. Reckon we just go Nank with Balta backup
If Dimma wants a genuine second ruck then Baltas 2 ruck contests (3 for the entire year) and won 1 against the Saints, compared to Nank 44 contests and 15 hitouts obviously wont cut it, whereas Chols had 216 ruck contests and 66 hitouts for the year, 23 against the Lions not playing genuine second ruck for 9 hitouts does.

Top of the ladder all year. Lots of games in SA. Home ground/Home crowd advantage. A week's rest. No injuries. Absolutely primed. AFL media salivating. Gee, if they lose the fallout could be huge. Us on the other hand. Cool, calm and collected. Taking it as it comes. Just another game almost. We will bring it. After the year that we have all experienced with COVID-19, never ending lockdown, working from home etc I honestly don't even feel stressed about this game. Us being the reigning champs and so good for so long probably helps. Let's just see what happens. I'll piss myself if we smash em. 😂

Preview
Port Adelaide at home is never easy. The memories of 2014's elimination final have many of us nervously anxious more than nervously excited. The past reminents of our prior failures in that state have definitely gotten into the supporters psyche. Port are overly confident on their board while Richmond supporters are quiet.

This is irrelevant to the players however, who have shown time and time again they always learn from their mistakes. Once Cotchin approaches the umpire witu the coin toss, the Channel 7 commentators will flashback, possibly have the footage ready, have a laugh.

The neutrals and the Power are waiting for thr stake to be pressed into our hearts, for we are now the bad guys, Scar, Ursula... Count Dracula. Our demise is anticipated, whilst the good news story of Port is a fresh narrative, the Tiger dynasty is a replay, boring story that's had its time.

But that all means nothing.

This all means nothing.

All the past encounters, the prior narratives, the coin toss, the head starts, the contested possessions, Lynch's 6 goals in the rain... it all doesn't matter.

Once the ball is bounced, it's 22 vs. 22. Its 22 men vs. 22 men.

Who will come out on top? I dont know, all I know if Richmond is preparing for the centre clearances, Port is preparing for the physicality, who possesses the sleight of hand will win this battle. Who has the ace card? The golden ticket? Who will come to this mother ****ing knife fight with a GUN.

Whoever does will WIN. We are foresee the potential pitfalls and trends, the coaches do too. Both teams will tighten up, theyll play tight and disciplined, but who has the lethal weapon?

Against Geelong - Port Adelaide had Steven Motlop, the unreliable, outcast of the Cattery tore them to shreds, needed such few touches of the ball, but each touch was a hand grenade thrown into the fields.

Against the Saints, the Ratten led group anticipated a half back set up that would generate the scoring, they copped a centre bounce symphony of destruction.

They never saw it coming.

Whoever can do the fundamentals better, whoever can unleash the beast and surprise their opponent with an atomic bomb in the middle of Adelaide Oval - they'll be the winner.

Goodluck with the tip.

Looked that way in the initial presser after the saints game he mentioned chol.
Bit of a gamble but i guess theyve decided on it with port playing two rucks.
Wonder who makes way? Possibly broad but god that’ll be stiff for him.

Hope chol is in, they don't have a match up for him.. You have to remember we played them off a 4 day break and with minimal inside 50s were were scoring.

They have a strong midfield and good forward line but my god their backs are bog average

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back