Preview Preliminary Final - Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Fri 16/10 7.50pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also while I agree, our win against St Kilda was underwhelming, we need to improve a lot, how is a 15 point win at home comprehensive? I mean maybe it’s just me, but Port didn’t really prove anything to me, they won because Geelong were shocking when kicking for goal.

Spot on

Cats kiked 5.12 to Ports 9.4

Really if Hawkins kicks normally the Cats actually win.... not sure how that was "comprehensive" yet our win over the saints was "underwhelming"

The media is using the old "if the saints kicked straight its closer"..... ummm yeh what about if the Cats kicked straight?

Won't happen.
the lumberjack is in seriously good physical shape , best ever ?

he can however have attacks of serious unco

was his last game against us his best ever ?
can he reproduce ?

if there is a sprinkle of rain one might think not and early predictions are 70% chance of rain

we have Astbury back and Balta will have learnt from that outing

he ran around like the incredible hulk all game last time
if we can choke of his supply and take the wind out of his sails
it could go a long way to dragging the self belief out of the whole side

the lumberjack is in seriously good physical shape , best ever ?

he can however have attacks of serious unco

was his last game against us his best ever ?
can he reproduce ?

if there is a sprinkle of rain one might think not and early predictions are 70% chance of rain

we have Astbury back and Balta will have learnt from that outing

he ran around like the incredible hulk all game last time
if we can choke of his supply and take the wind out of his sails
it could go a long way to dragging the self belief out of the whole side
I just don't think he's that much. On a good opponent, with hurried forward entries, the lumberjack will be lucky to take a mark against Astbury. And he's pretty much out of the contest once the ball hits the ground.

Put it this way, I'd much rather be against him than Hawkins.

Spot on

Cats kiked 5.12 to Ports 9.4

Really if Hawkins kicks normally the Cats actually win.... not sure how that was "comprehensive" yet our win over the saints was "underwhelming"

The media is using the old "if the saints kicked straight its closer"..... ummm yeh what about if the Cats kicked straight?
Pretty much. If it’s good for the goose it’s good for the gander, also St Kilda may have been shocking at goal on Friday night, however are people forgetting that that big Richmond forward they all hate kicked pretty much all of our behinds?

Both of you will be wearing a tigers scarf I assume? We need all the fans we get there!!
I don't even wear a crows scarf, lol.

Doesn’t work due to Covid I think?

From the email I got:

As per our membership terms and conditions, membership cards and associated benefits are for personal use only and may not be transferred to another person under any circumstance. Due to COVID-19 tracing, the member name must correspond with the ticket purchaser name.
You won’t be able to use Victorian barcodes for this game and I imagine a lot of South Australian Richmond members would be going to the game. Good luck finding that barcode though, sorry man.
I was planning the Vic member barcode route, but when I was checking things Friday night straight after your win, there was wording on the port website which made it appear I wouldn't be able to obtain tickets with a Vic membership barcode.

If it wasn't with reduced capacity I'd test my luck for public sales (there was still about 1k available in the 2017 pf against Geelong as tickets were set aside for afl commitments which wernt utilised and released to public pate)

But I wasn't taking that risk when my mate wanted to see a game at ao (he's Sydney based and FIFO into Olympic dam) couldn't make Sundays sanfl gf, so this game it is. Hence your corporate package. A little worried though. After searching you on Google, Facebook is advertising you guys and the package, and someone commented that on the weekend the pub you used only had 2 staff serving beer.

I got 2h open bar dammit. I plan on taking advantage of it 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond to win by 7 points! Unfortunately Cotchin Riewoldt and Martin all will be late outs and the media will give us no chance. But we will start very competitively and take a small lead into 3 quarter time after trailing at quarter and half time! It will be goal for goal in the last quarter and we will be trailing with only five minutes to go, until Mcintosh hacks through a goal on the left to give us the lead. Lynch will then kick his 6th goal to seal the game with 30 seconds to go! Tigers by 7 points in a thriller

Pretty much. If it’s good for the goose it’s good for the gander, also St Kilda may have been shocking at goal on Friday night, however are people forgetting that that big Richmond forward they all hate kicked pretty much all of our behinds?

crazy to think he had enough times to kick all those behinds in between his rampant assaults on opposition players.

he truly is a monster

Richmond to win by 7 points! Unfortunately Cotchin Riewoldt and Martin all will be late outs and the media will give us no chance. But we will start very competitively and take a small lead into 3 quarter time after trailing at quarter and half time! It will be goal for goal in the last quarter and we will be trailing with only five minutes to go, until Mcintosh hacks through a goal on the left to give us the lead. Lynch will then kick his 6th goal to seal the game with 30 seconds to go! Tigers by 7 points in a thriller

I will laugh like a drain if this actually happens! :)

Go in unchanged , broads inclusion further strengthens our structure. dA to Dixon, Broady to ladhams , grimesy to gray . Reckon Balta should be used high HF reckon he can bob up and pinch a goal or two . Anyway it provides us options and he can pinch hit the rucks
they've got Marshall 198 up fwd too.

IN: Higgins.
OUT: Castagna.
Thought castagna played well the other night. Does a lot of defensive stuff you dont see. Aarts is more likely to come in over higgo, but doubt it.

Ross and Caddy are the only two I'd consider.

I'd really like to see Ross get a game, probably for Pickett, but I don't think selection committee agrees with me.

Got my ticket (sorry Vics)
Great stuff!

Go loud South Australian Tigers!

2014 was one of the best pre final build ups I have been involved in,terrific atmosphere,then the game started.

I hope our lovely umpires do not focus on Lynch and Cotchin after the overbloated focus on them after the semi.

I’m sure our umpires will give us a great match with no incidents to talk about like a 3 sec finger lift on the siren button.

Will Port go rabied fast again or go slow and try to take advantage of their stamina in the last?

Obviously,we need to be a few goals up at 3 quarter time to win this one.

Sleep well Tigers,stamina may be a defining point of this match.

Stop their centre clearances,I am pretty sure they dominated that stat.

I think we won the hit outs but Port carried it out at will,different game this time I know,I’ll shuddap now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back