C Section Prem C - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Any early word on finals grounds for Prem c?
If PEGS finish second, I think they beat OC in the first final. Pretty sure they've beaten them 4 out of the last 5 encounters.
If OI finish second I think OC wins first final.
Don't see PARKDALE getting past the first week in my opinion. Its out of top 3 for me.
If either of the PEGS or OC get promoted, its is a very special effort. Actually hope both go up to make it even better and would be two grannys in two years, what a game to go watch.

If PEGS finish second, I think they beat OC in the first final. Pretty sure they've beaten them 4 out of the last 5 encounters.
If OI finish second I think OC wins first final.
Don't see PARKDALE getting past the first week in my opinion. Its out of top 3 for me.
If either of the PEGS or OC get promoted, its is a very special effort. Actually hope both go up to make it even better and would be two grannys in two years, what a game to go watch.
Do agree OC definitely don’t want Pegs week 1.

Pegs wouldn’t want Parkdale either…. Beat them comfortably only a few weeks ago.

Winner of this weeks Ivanhoe vs Pegs game wins the flag imo.

Do agree OC definitely don’t want Pegs week 1.

Pegs wouldn’t want Parkdale either…. Beat them comfortably only a few weeks ago.

Winner of this weeks Ivanhoe vs Pegs game wins the flag imo.
It’s a huge game. Parkdale were very impressive few weeks ago. Very young fit team. Old Camberwell gotta respect the fact they finished on top. They came from the clouds to beat pegs who looked home at half time last time they played.

Tips for FINAL round. Posting early to make it interesting!

Old Carey
Parkdale
Pegs
Hampton
OI
OC
OC
Ormond

Rumour is fact that PEGS have been threatened with a $5,000 fine if their boundary umpire insists on wearing those shorts again.

Max “I’ll be doing it tomorrow” Leader

TIPS ROUND 18

OLD CAREY
OLD CAMBERWELL
PEGS
HAMPTON ROVERS

Anyone planning on watching the Old Carey v Marcellin tomorrow please note Reserves start at 9.20am and Seniors at 11.40am at Carey Sports Ground.
Kudos to Marcellin for agreeing to the time change. Mazenod U19 also agreed to an earlier game.
Allows for the Old Carey faithful to go and support their Women's team in the Grand Final.
Clubs working together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TIPS ROUND 18

OLD CAREY
OLD CAMBERWELL
PEGS
HAMPTON ROVERS

Anyone planning on watching the Old Carey v Marcellin tomorrow please note Reserves start at 9.20am and Seniors at 11.40am at Carey Sports Ground.
Kudos to Marcellin for agreeing to the time change. Mazenod U19 also agreed to an earlier game.
Allows for the Old Carey faithful to go and support their Women's team in the Grand Final.
Clubs working together.
What an awesome effort by the club to think of such a move and for Marcellin to agree. Especially on one of the biggest days in their recent history.

Looks like Carey are going to win, so all eyes on Ormond.
I think they will win. Seeing Carey kick a few late goals will rev them up and as OC37 said above..they are not a bad side. And have a lot to play for this arvo now.

Results from today's Round 18 games in Premier C:

Old Carey 12. 11 (83) def Marcellin 9.11 (65);
Old Camberwell 13. 9 (87) def Parkdale Vultures 12.12 (84);
Old Ivanhoe 18. 12 (120) def PEGS 10.12 (72);
Hampton Rovers 17.8 (110) def Ormond 13.19 (97)

Results from today's Round 18 games in Premier C:

Old Carey 12. 11 (83) def Marcellin 9.11 (65);
Old Camberwell 13. 9 (87) def Parkdale Vultures 12.12 (84);
Old Ivanhoe 18. 12 (120) def PEGS 10.12 (72);
Hampton Rovers 17.8 (110) def Ormond 13.19 (97)
Thanks Jas.

Who are you favourites
For the premiership and B&F

Old Camberwell for the premiership; Christian Carnovale for the B&F.
BTW, will the VAFA play the Premier C GF on the AFL GF Eve public holiday like they did last year?
No, Jase, all Premier finals are 23/24 September. AFL GF is 30 Sep. Prem C last year was delayed due to 11 teams and the extra rounds.

Random Stats:
This is how many players each club used in seniors this year. And in brackets how many players the club had who played 10 or more games.
Before todays round.

Camberwell 40 (18)
PEGS 36 (20)
Ivanhoe 48 (17)
Parkdale 40 (17)
Mazenod 40 (20)
Hampton 48 (12)
Carey 51 (15)
Marcellin 46 (15)
Ormond 45 (16)

Round 18 Honest Review

OI v PEGS

At Keillor Park

Ground conditions near perfect. Middle needs a little water.

Wind - What wind.
1-2 goal wind favouring Hockey end in quarter 1 & 2
2-3 goal wins favouring pavilion end in quarter 3 & 4
Yes PEGS had the wind for quarters 2 & 3.

Both teams in the 1st half had the chance to blow the other team off the park, but bad kicking saw the game a very tight contested game.

OI regained the game on their terms towards the later part of the second quarter to go into half time with a small but handy break.

The 3rd quarter saw OI kick 3 to 2 goals but a nasty injury to a PEGS player appeared to take some wins out of their sales.

The last quarter saw OI step up momentum with the 5 under 19’s showing their class.

PEGS hit the post 4 times to OI 2 times.
OI got a goal from a reversed free kick and OI also kicked a point that was a goal (thanks Goffa).

Nil injuries for OI with 1-2 possible to come back.

Commiserations to Ormond. Marcellin live to fight another day. OCarey to ban overseas travel next year. HR with a new coach will rebound. Mazenod suffered due to the terrible OS injury. Welcome back both AJAX and Monash Blues.

McGregor isn’t coming back. Thoug I would love to see him against Old Camberwells ruckman.

Bring on finals.

Please not at Trevor Barker. Maybe it should be closer to the top 3 teams in Prem C.

Random Stats:
This is how many players each club used in seniors this year. And in brackets how many players the club had who played 10 or more games.
Before todays round.

Camberwell 40 (18)
PEGS 36 (20)
Ivanhoe 48 (17)
Parkdale 40 (17)
Mazenod 40 (20)
Hampton 48 (12)
Carey 51 (15)
Marcellin 46 (15)
Ormond 45 (16)
Great stat. OI also used 15 under 19’s of which 9 which were school boys. 10 are also available for Under 19 next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

C Section Prem C - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back