C Section Prem C - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else seen Mentone Panthers socials? Big plans to return in 2024 with two mens sides, mens 19s and a senior womens. Lots of players to find in one year. And does the vafa let them choose which division to come back to? or back in the lowest. Surely the players who left have found other homes and wouldn't entertain coming back to play away from the school

Anyone else seen Mentone Panthers socials? Big plans to return in 2024 with two mens sides, mens 19s and a senior womens. Lots of players to find in one year. And does the vafa let them choose which division to come back to? or back in the lowest. Surely the players who left have found other homes and wouldn't entertain coming back to play away from the school
The risk of transferring back to a club that went into recess is the risk of uncertainty. The club would need at least 50 players to ensure the VAFA that they will be able to field two sides and if they were to stay in C Division will they be competitive? They were third last in C grade when they recessed. Also they would have to start under 19s from scratch. Very few clubs have come out of recess successfully. Most players want certainty. Good luck to them and hopefully they have enough bodies doing the legwork. All easier said than done. Returning players may not be happy playing in D 3 or 4 unless the VAFA take a big risk and keep them in C.

Last edited:

They can comeback via the merged D3/D4 grade that should be happening next year (I have no confirmation that it will happen, just that it should happen). You couldn't have them comeback into Prem C

First time poster on the VAFA pages. 😇

Normally a follower of the EDFL but I’ve found my way to a St Bernard’s game and a couple of PEGS games this season.

Went out to listen to the PEGS coaches a few weeks back and the non-playing coach (Beever) impressed me I must say. Measured, simplified approach built on a strong defence and the results are reflective of that.

Huge effort by PEGS to be contending after coming up a division.

First time poster on the VAFA pages. 😇

Normally a follower of the EDFL but I’ve found my way to a St Bernard’s game and a couple of PEGS games this season.

Went out to listen to the PEGS coaches a few weeks back and the non-playing coach (Beever) impressed me I must say. Measured, simplified approach built on a strong defence and the results are reflective of that.

Huge effort by PEGS to be contending after coming up a division.
Great operator Beevs. Good person as well. Works well with Horney playing coach and James Davey. Hopefully the boys can get PEGS peaking at the right time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 17 Honest Match Report

Old Ivanhoe v Old Carey

Ground conditions - Very firm under foot. Could do with some rain.

From the team sheet OC had one of their best teams since the European exodus. Add a few VFL players and OI knew they had to be on their game.

The game was won and lost with OC not having a recognised forward line.

The game was quick with the ball bouncing around all day.

The quarter time lead of 3 goals stayed for most of the day until the last when the weight of entry say the margin increase to 40 points.

The game was marred by a ridiculous report for the 2nd umpire , some 70 metres away, telling the reported player he should have let the OC player mark the ball. Two players going for the mark near the boundary line. Our player being physically stronger that the OC player resulting in the OC player bouncing off and because it was near (inside) the boundary, the umpire pulled the red card.

We used our 15th under 19 player for the year.

Game played in good spirits. OC played a brand of football that would be suited for higher level of football. Younger and smaller bodies was what gave OI the advantage.

Max “PEGS next week for the double chance” Leader

Round 17 Honest Match Report

Old Ivanhoe v Old Carey

Ground conditions - Very firm under foot. Could do with some rain.

From the team sheet OC had one of their best teams since the European exodus. Add a few VFL players and OI knew they had to be on their game.

The game was won and lost with OC not having a recognised forward line.

The game was quick with the ball bouncing around all day.

The quarter time lead of 3 goals stayed for most of the day until the last when the weight of entry say the margin increase to 40 points.

The game was marred by a ridiculous report for the 2nd umpire , some 70 metres away, telling the reported player he should have let the OC player mark the ball. Two players going for the mark near the boundary line. Our player being physically stronger that the OC player resulting in the OC player bouncing off and because it was near (inside) the boundary, the umpire pulled the red card.

We used our 15th under 19 player for the year.

Game played in good spirits. OC played a brand of football that would be suited for higher level of football. Younger and smaller bodies was what gave OI the advantage.

Max “PEGS next week for the double chance” Leader
Younger lighter frames and no size in the forward line.
Nailed it Max.

One Year 11 + One year 12 boys and 3 U19 in the team.

Looking to bigger and better things in 2024.

Younger lighter frames and no size in the forward line.
Nailed it Max.

One Year 11 + One year 12 boys and 3 U19 in the team.

Looking to bigger and better things in 2024.
We also had

3 x Under 19’s
1 x Year 12
1 x Year 11.

It’s great that these boys can step up and play with the big boys with little or no fear of being belted by the thugs of yester year.

Looks like we are heading for a classic relegation dogfight between Ormond and Marcellin over which team will go down to Division 1 in 2024.

Looks like we are heading for a classic relegation dogfight between Ormond and Marcellin over which team will go down to Division 1 in 2024.

Looks like the Karma bus is going to smash through Gunn Reserve. It couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch. Bring it!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

C Section Prem C - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back