Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a look at the J Bull report. (3rd qtr 13 min mark)......its embarresing, says it all.

Fortunately he got off
Assuming you were a player, how many errors per game do you reckon you made? Then add a factor of around 10 to take account of the number of decisions umpires are called on to make per game compared to a players. Reckon the umps would come out in pretty good shape comparatively. That said, I do agree that the general field umpiring standard has dropped away this year.

Assuming you were a player, how many errors per game do you reckon you made? Then add a factor of around 10 to take account of the number of decisions umpires are called on to make per game compared to a players. Reckon the umps would come out in pretty good shape comparatively. That said, I do agree that the general field umpiring standard has dropped away this year.

I might be wrong and correct me if I am, but I believe the Umpire had the opportunity to withdraw the charge.......but chose not to. Its a fine line between obstinance and stupidity

Umpires are pretty good IMO. Morons berating them on game day...well no wonder nobody wants to become an umpire.
Correct. If there is ever a study conducted on umpire abusers, I believe there will found to be an extremely high degree of correlation between the level of umpire abuse and level of mediocrity of the abuser's life achievements.

Correct. If there is ever a study conducted on umpire abusers, I believe there will found to be an extremely high degree of correlation between the level of umpire abuse and level of mediocrity of the abuser's life achievements.
Not sure that's correct but most who abuse have never had a crack so wouldn't know what's involved.

Back to the footy. Still reckon the Snow Dogs and the Hedge Burners will be part of the big dance.

While all the focus is on the relegation battle, no one has yet commented on the amazing performance by De La Salle to come from so far back at the halfway point of the year to all of a sudden be in contention for the finals.

Sent from my HTC_V1 using Tapatalk

Not sure that's correct but most who abuse have never had a crack so wouldn't know what's involved.

Back to the footy. Still reckon the Snow Dogs and the Hedge Burners will be part of the big dance.

The Big Dance will be between OT V U Blues. Should I be wrong and Bernies get there, they WONT win it...

I cant go past Blues or DLS winning it all. It's going to be one of these teams, and i just feel that Blues have the edge.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How big is tomorrow. 4 out of the 5 games are absolute crackers...and I wouldn't put it past Beauy to be a party pooper either!

De La has just rolled the top 2 teams in consecutive weeks Pazza so that is a very big statement. Do you base that on anything in particular? Players returning, De La complacency or just simply a hunch. Just can’t see it happening myself.

Just extraordinary that in the last round 4 of the 5 games have such huge stakes.

How big is tomorrow. 4 out of the 5 games are absolute crackers...and I wouldn't put it past Beauy to be a party pooper either!
Let's hope that the VAFA live score service plus the website itself is in readiness for tomorrow. But after what happened at the start of the year, could we see the possibility of a major stuff-up at the end of the regular season, especially when the fate of three clubs-Collegians, Old Scotch and Old Xaverians hanging in the balance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

De La has just rolled the top 2 teams in consecutive weeks Pazza so that is a very big statement. Do you base that on anything in particular? Players returning, De La complacency or just simply a hunch. Just can’t see it happening myself.

Just extraordinary that in the last round 4 of the 5 games have such huge stakes.

Nothing except Beauy have nothing to lose so I'm expecting fireworks.

Rooster, not sure if the question has been put to you already, but what do you put De La's resurgence down to?
How do you go from a side that (in your words) being a B Grade side to beating the top 2 in consecutive weeks and in premiership contention nine weeks later??
Remarkable turnaround.

Rooster, not sure if the question has been put to you already, but what do you put De La's resurgence down to?
How do you go from a side that (in your words) being a B Grade side to beating the top 2 in consecutive weeks and in premiership contention nine weeks later??
Remarkable turnaround.

Been asked that few times and not sure anyone really has the answer. I certainly don’t. There is no question that the club was heading to B grade and while competitive across the first half of the year it seemed there was just too much ground to make up to remain in the top section. From memory going into rd 10 we were 3 games and % from safety. (Coincidently we were 8 goals down at ¼ time in that day against 9th placed Beauy – odds on for B grade and 1000/1 to be playing finals at that point!). Scotch and Collegians losing games provided some hope and the rest as they say is history. Did not get off the bottom of the ladder until Rd 12 and it has been a steady rise since then.

They have an outstanding coach and anyone who has seen Satterley in action would agree. But in the end it always just comes down to the players. They have turned honourable losses into good wins and 3-quarter performances into 4. Compared to some clubs they are light on for stars and like everyone have players missing but in recent weeks have avoided the 5 – 6 changes a week that occurred earlier in the season. Having a settled line up certainly helps. However they still have to get over the line tomorrow otherwise it all means nothing. No one is getting ahead of themsleves.

I must say that Brian Speaking, who sadly no longer frequents these boards, declared them safe a long way out. I have to put my hand up and say that i did not share his confidence.

Agreed, Briza, Sausage, Bob...and a few more still reads. Surprised he's Nick'd off posting for so long...

Agreed, Briza, Sausage, Bob...and a few more still reads. Surprised he's Nick'd off posting for so long...
Geez! How many aliases did the individual have?:eek:

Back to the footy. Agree with Rooster re Satterley. It's not easy to keep things buoyant around the place when the on-field stuff isn't quite clicking.

Noisy bunch those De La supporters too.:)

You'd think if you are in A you can keep spirits up a little more than in lower teams?? Lots of numbers in the better teams in VAFA.
Would love to see DLS win. Would be quite the fairytale. Same with Trinity I guess with lesser history than Snowies and Uni.

You'd think if you are in A you can keep spirits up a little more than in lower teams?? Lots of numbers in the better teams in VAFA.
Would love to see DLS win. Would be quite the fairytale. Same with Trinity I guess with lesser history than Snowies and Uni.

Do tell why you'd expect a side going through loss-after-loss in Prem 'A' would be naturally more resilient than one going through the same thing in a lower grade? Plenty of numbers in lots of lower grade teams. I'm led to believe even Chadstone weren't short of numbers on the track this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier A - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back