B Section Premier B 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

OC are assembling some talent. One from Qld (cant recall names, could be hansies tip) and another from an AFL Club (fringe player).

Early tip to for OC to play in Finals 2018
Forato from OB on their Facebook page today but don’t think he fits either description and not sure how he goes Jaksch also announced

Last edited:
Forato from OB on their Facebook page today but don’t think he fits either description and not sure how he goes Jaksch also announced

Lucas Forato? Left DLS for opportunity to play seniors and was a fringe 1s/2s player at OB. Younger brother of DLS ruckmen Antony but has neither his size nor ability. Expect he will play some senior footy at Carey but certainly not in the boom recruit category. Jaksch obviously a big inclusion. The Panthers seem to work hard on recruiting and always tend to attract some top end talent.

Hey fellas, wondering if you guys have any info on St Bernards' Edyn Sibbald? Signed with Essendon VFL
Bernard’s has 6 training at VFL clubs. None of those clubs have finalised lists - but Sibbald has made Xmas cut at Essendon. Other five players also have made Xmas cuts at Essendon, Richmond, Footscray, Coburg.

Chris Peart, 2015 premiership midfielder, has also returned to Bernard’s from EDFL.

Bernard’s has 6 training at VFL clubs. None of those clubs have finalised lists - but Sibbald has made Xmas cut at Essendon. Other five players also have made Xmas cuts at Essendon, Richmond, Footscray, Coburg.
Sibbald has signed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucas Forato? Left DLS for opportunity to play seniors and was a fringe 1s/2s player at OB. Younger brother of DLS ruckmen Antony but has neither his size nor ability. Expect he will play some senior footy at Carey but certainly not in the boom recruit category. Jaksch obviously a big inclusion. The Panthers seem to work hard on recruiting and always tend to attract some top end talent.

I’m guessing Forato is leaving as he’s doing a bit of a Derek Kickett. Not happy to play all 18 games in the 1’s for Brighton to then play the Ressies GF. Tough call. But they have to be made.

Fair enough. What is the NOBS connection? Considine and Carey ring a bell but not sure why
Think Considine went to EDFL. Has potential. Good size. But not a key senior player. And Carey did not play last season. He also joining mates at NOBS.

Will be interesting to see how Chad Jones goes in season 2018. Returning to Bernard’s apparently - coming out of retirement. No longer involved at VFL level so I believe will be available for all games - dependant on his fitness of course. Should still be a handful for B grade defenders. And next to McNamara, Sibbald and others will be a very imposing forward line.

Will be interesting to see how Chad Jones goes in season 2018. Returning to Bernard’s apparently - coming out of retirement. No longer involved at VFL level so I believe will be available for all games - dependant on his fitness of course. Should still be a handful for B grade defenders. And next to McNamara, Sibbald and others will be a very imposing forward line.

He’s a gun. Will be a big handful.
Hardly going out on a limb here, but would be very suprised in Bernie’s, Blacks and Beauy didn’t dominate 2018 a bit like last year but with Scotch and Brighton.
Look a cut above in top end talent and depth.

My sources, which may or may not be any good, tell me Jones, at age 34, is NOT playing and that Beauy are in crisis with a heap of departures.

I would give Blacks the cup now and let the other 9 teams fight for the scraps, with Caulfield to emerge to take second.

My sources, which may or may not be any good, tell me Jones, at age 34, is NOT playing and that Beauy are in crisis with a heap of departures.

I would give Blacks the cup now and let the other 9 teams fight for the scraps, with Caulfield to emerge to take second.
Chad trained Friday. Your sources are wrong. Definitely playing.

I was talking to him last week about a Bulldogs matter and he said “I’m not playing, just having a run around to keep fit”. Anyway, he’s a nice bloke, I hope he plays for you and gets you back to the finals. Is Bentick playing again?

I was talking to him last week about a Bulldogs matter and he said “I’m not playing, just having a run around to keep fit”. Anyway, he’s a nice bloke, I hope he plays for you and gets you back to the finals. Is Bentick playing again?
Yep. AB playing. And Chad will be suited up round 1.

Beauy definitely "gonski". Bernies not much better, Jones as good as he was, at 34!!! coming out of retirement, pleeeease. Having said that though, should play finals..only because those out of the 4 are "no wheresville".
Blacks for me in a canter.....

Beauy definitely "gonski". Bernies not much better, Jones as good as he was, at 34!!! coming out of retirement, pleeeease. Having said that though, should play finals..only because those out of the 4 are "no wheresville".
Blacks for me in a canter.....
Nice post, Bentick would be ready for super rules also? The standard of A grade was insane last year, especially the top end, some would have been middle of the road to lower VFL teams. I can’t help but think St Bernard’s we’re lucky not to come up this year, but playing these old types is surely short term thinking?

Scotch and Brighton are in for a shock when you consider Trinity were seen as a dominant side two years ago and didn’t recruit but most of their GF teams played every week last year and they were nearly relegated.

So stay in B grade and rebuild is my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back