Premier League - 15th-17th

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course he wasn't going to perform well next to Livermore. He was being relied on as the playmaker in the first three games, as a defensive midfielder, he's a beast and will only get better.

Oh dear. I'm fully aware of all the negatives that came out of today, but that's a load of absolute crap. Try harder next time, champ.
I wasn't trying to be provocative in any way. I enjoy my football and I really don't care who the teams are, I just really enjoy the art form, the science of Association Football: have done all my life.

I was just making an objective comment based on my observation. I bare no grudge, animosity, ill-feeling etc. towards any team. I am an Arsenal supporter but unlike some others around here, that doesn't preclude me from enjoying watching Spurs.

I loved watching them last year: very entertaining and most always made me smile with their class and style of play. This year, I'm sorry to say, they are a shadow of last year.

Do you think that Spurs are going to improve on last year's standings and do you like the way they are playing this year?

I wasn't trying to be provocative in any way. I enjoy my football and I really don't care who the teams are, I just really enjoy the art form, the science of Association Football: have done all my life.

I was just making an objective comment based on my observation. I bare no grudge, animosity, ill-feeling etc. towards any team. I am an Arsenal supporter but unlike some others around here, that doesn't preclude me from enjoying watching Spurs.

I loved watching them last year: very entertaining and most always made me smile with their class and style of play. This year, I'm sorry to say, they are a shadow of last year.

Do you think that Spurs are going to improve on last year's standings and do you like the way they are playing this year?
Everything you said in that previous post would've applied to Woolwich this time last year, and look at where they ended up. It's early days, we will without a doubt improve.

You say we're relying on individuals, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Defoe put in a great shift as the lone striker, but was hardly the sole reason we won. Bale and Lennon, the players we rely on for individual brilliance were far from their best tonight. Sandro and Dembele functioned beautifully in the center of the pitch and controlled the game, and our back four held strong all match.

As for Reading players closing in on Spurs players in their attacking half, that's called pressure champ. It's something Reading did well when the game was in dispute, and every team traveling has trouble dealing with it.

Not even getting to the fact that our best 11 wasn't out there today. Benny, Kaboul, Adebayor and Lloris will add a lot to the side when they come in. Dempsey as well if Villas-Boas decides to start him.

Everything you said in that previous post would've applied to Woolwich this time last year, and look at where they ended up. It's early days, we will without a doubt improve.

You say we're relying on individuals, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Defoe put in a great shift as the lone striker, but Bale and Lennon, the players we rely on for individual brilliance were far from their best tonight. Sandro and Dembele functioned beautifully in the center of the pitch and controlled the game, and our back four held strong all match.

Not even getting to the fact that our best 11 wasn't out there today. Benny, Kaboul, Adebayor and Lloris will add a lot to the side when they come in. Dempsey as well if Villas-Boas decides to start him.
I thought that there didn't seem to be to much "team play" by Spurs. What I mean is that it seems like the players were sent out and told "play", even though it's well known that AVB delights in "nuclear physics" type strategies. Maybe the players just don't quite get it: one of the subs, it may have been Huddlestone, maybe Dempsey, when they were being given instructions before they came on, the look on the sub's face was incredible: like "what the **** ?".

Dembele went where ever he wanted (truly magnificent player), Sandro played by himself to the best of his not inconsiderable ability, Bale was doing it for himself, Germain (one of my all time favourite players) took it on board that it was him alone versus Reading, Sighardson tried really hard to play as a team player but got minimal response from others and Lloris should never have been bought without first getting rid of Freidel who was very, very significant in Spurs getting a shit load more points last season than the one before.

Tottenham have very many good players but they are not in the Champions League are they and if they aren't, having the captain of France on the bench along with Adebayor and with Parker to come back etc. etc. and given AVB's caveman approach to man management, it could all end in tears.

We'll see how the season unfolds.

Disgraceful from the linesman but Everton should not have let the lead slip twice. I guess you get bad decisions at times but 2 shockers in the 1 game hurts especially when both were perfectly good goals not given. Time to get Heitinga back to CB and shuffle the midfield.

545660_479502895423265_1436482532_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier League - 15th-17th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back