Premier League 2-3 April

Remove this Banner Ad

DB10 said:
525790614go.jpg

Note Nicky Butt - getting stuck in just like he has been all season.....

Cooldude said:
Also, for Arsenal fans, this is your almighty captain:

diavieira.gif

Two things.

1) Surely by now you lot would know my feelings toward Vieira
2) It's a few months late, yeah? Have they only now just created gif animators in Scouserpool?

DB10 said:
Two things.

1) Surely by now you lot would know my feelings toward Vieira
2) It's a few months late, yeah? Have they only now just created gif animators in Scouserpool?

1. I know you think that he's a ********, but now he's a diving ******** :D

2. Unfortunately yes, just come across that half an hour ago :eek:

He's been a diving ******** for ages now. Soft as a feather these days. Doesn't even get sent off anymore :(

Thierry get his customary hatrick against Norwich then?

Back to being a star I see.

PS - ********ing posts and Kiwi defenders.

Cooldude said:
Should Paul Smith start or should Atti Niemi start? Niemi had a couple of cracking saves but he was partly at fault for the first goal, and Paul Smith has been in fine, fine form recently.

I'd still go for Niemi, he is genuinely top-draw and the real reason we did OK last year was not Beattie's goals but Niemi's saves.

The first goal was a decision he made, not a 'mistake' in talent terms. The second one was not down to him. Johnson rampaged forward, drew defenders and gave Gudjohnson a top-in.

Niemi made a 'save' earlier which I think justifies his selection. Lundekvam produced a great attempt at an own goal. Niemi lept up, kicked it away. Not only made the save but had the presence of mind not to handle the back pass.

I think you have to go with the experienced guy in a relegation struggle.

2nd half-started. All about preserving our goal-difference now. A 0-2 result we can wear. 0-4 could actually mean something at season's end.

Souness got them both straight out into the press to apologise. Seems like from what i have been reading Bowyer was the one throwing the punches and Dyer was just defending himself as one would if someone was throwing punches at you! Souness seems to think we can get the red card withdrawn from Dyer but Bowyer could be another thing...

Bloody hell and to think everything was looking on the up on Tyneside but we just cant keep ourselves out of the paper. Typical Newcastle really, never a dull moment on Tyneside :rolleyes:

Angry and going to bed, how come we cant be just like a normal club for ********en once!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exerpt from Soccernet:

"....But Newcastle's misery was completed when Bowyer and Dyer, after arguing angrily, traded blows and had to be separated by team-mates.

Knight consulted his assistant, but the outcome was inevitable and both were red-carded to leave their side with just eight men on the pitch.
bowyerdyer_lg_g.jpg

Fighting Magpies apologise

Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer offered grovelling apologies after being sent off for brawling with each other in a shameful end to Newcastle's 3-0 home defeat by Aston Villa.

The England midfielders flanked flint-faced manager Graeme Souness at his post-match press conference following their dismissal for trading blows nine minutes from time in an extraordinary game at St James' Park.

Bowyer led the way after being invited to by Souness, saying: 'I would just like to apologise to the fans, the chairman, the managing staff, all the players and everybody that is connected to Newcastle, my family and everybody that witnessed what happened today on the football pitch.

'I am sincerely sorry.'

Dyer added: 'I will touch on the same as well. I would like to apologise to my team-mates, the manager, the chairman and the fans and everyone connected with the club as well.

'We are team-mates and we have disagreements, but we should not be fighting in front of 50,000 people. I am deeply sorry for it, especially because it is a crucial stage of the season.'

Charlton Athletic 2-2 Manchester City
(CA: Bartlett 10', Perry 90')
(MC: Hreidarsson 4' OG, Fowler 38')
Attendance: 26,436 at The Valley

Arsenal 4-1 Norwich City
(AR: Henry 19', 22' & 66', Ljungberg 50')
(NC: Huckerby 30')
Attendance: 38,066 at Highbury

Birmingham City 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
(BC: Carter 66')
(TH: Kelly 59')
Attendance: 29,304 at St Andrews Stadium

Newcastle United 0-3 Aston Villa
(AV: Angel 5', Barry 73'P & 80'P)
Attendance: 52,306 at St James' Park

Liverpool 1-0 Bolton Wanderers
(LI: Biscan 86')
Attendance: 43,755 at Anfield

Crystal Palace 0-1 Middlesbrough
(MI: Queudrue 35')
Attendance: 24,274 at Selhurst Park

Manchester United 0-0 Blackburn Rovers
Attendance: 67,939 at Old Trafford

Southampton 1-3 Chelsea
(SO: Phillips 69')
(CH: Lampard 22, Gudjohnsen 39' & 83')
Attendance: 31,949 at St Mary's Stadium

Tigers 1945 said:
Southampton 1-3 Chelsea
(SO: Phillips 69')
(CH: Lampard 22, Gudjohnsen 39' & 69')
Attendance: FNP at St Mary's Stadium

I thought we battled away and gave a good account of ourselves.

The big games are still to come.

Hopefully Everton can beat West Brom and Fulham and Pompey draw. :(

No suprise that George Boateng returns and we pick up an important win. Also great to see normal service resume at St James :D

BISCAN!!! :D

Great win from a fighting Liverpool team with no real strikers. Now just one point behind Everton but have to wait and see what the baggies can do tomorrow.

Now we turn our attention to Juve, at least Baros can play.

The Hitman said:
Any idea what the two were fighting about? Funny to see Villa players looking to break up biffo between two Barcodes. :D

The Hitman

Probably over who is the bigger Nancy Boy.
Who knows.Who cares. The media will have a field with this one.Once again football will be in the papers for all the wrong reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier League 2-3 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Back