Premier League 2-3 April

Remove this Banner Ad

What a frustrating performance that was. We were good value for the lead at half time with LuLu wrecking havoc everywhere he went and scoring a great goal. A wonderful save from Ashdown from a dodgy (IMO) penalty a minute before half time kept the status quo.
I don't know what was said at half time but the complexion of the game changed completely. We started too sit back (as is our defence is good enough too hold out anyone for 45 minutes) and invited Fulham too come on too us. Whilst still looking quite dangerous on the break it looked increasingly likely that Fulham would equalise, which of course they did. Who leaves Andy Cole alone on the box?? bloody ridiculous defending. Then it just went from bad too worse with 2 of our more reliable defenders making 2 of the biggest ********-ups you will ever see.
I feel a draw would have been a fair result in the end but when you defend like that how can you expect anything else? :mad:

sainter said:
Fulham 2-1 in the 88th minute

I would have preferred a draw but the Pompey slide continues and that's something to enjoy.

Sliding all the way to April 24th you reckon? That will be an occassion and a half! You won't send us down but it is looking increasingly likely that we won't send you down either.

Exerpt from Soccernet commentary:
(56 mins) "Anyone who claims that the Premiership is the best league in the world should get a copy of this match. I think my brain is seeping out of my ears."

West Brom 0-0 Toffees (61 mins)

West Bromwich Albion 1-0 Everton (63 mins)
Gera 62'

(62 minutes)
GOAL! Greening whips in a sensational cross from the left wing, and Gera attacks the ball at the far post and buries his header low in to the corner.

1 minute to go. A West Brom win would move them to 18th and goal difference away from safety.

edit. Bloody hell. 5 minutes of stoppage time!!!

JuniorBurger said:
Sliding all the way to April 24th you reckon? That will be an occassion and a half! You won't send us down but it is looking increasingly likely that we won't send you down either.

7 games to go and it's far too close for comfort. You could see what the win meant to Chris Coleman and the players after the game. They'll be right now.

We both could have done with a different scoreline in the late game too. Terrible result. :(

Tim Cahill is one of most exciting aussie players we've had for a long time but the way he fell in a heap inside the box was embarrassing. He's too good to lower himself to that level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JuniorBurger said:
What a frustrating performance that was. We were good value for the lead at half time with LuLu wrecking havoc everywhere he went and scoring a great goal. A wonderful save from Ashdown from a dodgy (IMO) penalty a minute before half time kept the status quo.
I don't know what was said at half time but the complexion of the game changed completely. We started too sit back (as is our defence is good enough too hold out anyone for 45 minutes) and invited Fulham too come on too us. Whilst still looking quite dangerous on the break it looked increasingly likely that Fulham would equalise, which of course they did. Who leaves Andy Cole alone on the box?? bloody ridiculous defending. Then it just went from bad too worse with 2 of our more reliable defenders making 2 of the biggest ********-ups you will ever see.
I feel a draw would have been a fair result in the end but when you defend like that how can you expect anything else? :mad:

Was at the game today and I can most definitely say that Portsmouth were the better team for much of the day, however the complexion changed completely when Coleman brought on McBride and finally switched to 4-4-2. Very relieved with the result, still not out of danger yet but it's a big help.

Boing Boing Baggies - go you good things and let Sainter and JuniorBurger continue their feud next season...in the Fizzy Drink league. :D

West Brom are suddenly not bad for a bunch of Man U rejects. They really should have won by more. As for my Fulham relegation prediction, probably won't happen now, but the relegation battle is going to be a lot more exciting than the title race this season (as it is most years).

Everton in strife. How Cahill wasn't sent off for the dive in the box was beyond me?! He grabbed the Baggie player and then fell?!?

Disappointing for Everton.

What a win by West Brom, they are now level on safety with Southampton so either need to nudge ahead by a point or pass them on goal difference. Portsmouth a certainly looking shaky.

Lowie01 said:
Boing Boing Baggies - go you good things and let Sainter and JuniorBurger continue their feud next season...in the Fizzy Drink league. :D

Can't see that happening mate. One or none will go down certainly not both. April 24th is looming as one of the biggest games of the season it could well decide the issue once and for all. However there has been talk about Pompey being able too go to the Hawthorns with Southampton's future in their hands. What would happen if we pick up the couple of results needed for survival but the scum need us too beat the Baggies on the final day to stay up? Could be interesting.
BTW there is no feud it's just a traditional animosity thats all. It can't be helped it comes naturally. ;)

What a weekend that'll be, sainter vs. JB in the South Coast forum derby and me vs. the yiddos in the North London forum derby :cool: :D

Lowie01 said:
Boing Boing Baggies - go you good things and let Sainter and JuniorBurger continue their feud next season...in the Fizzy Drink league.

I wouldn't rule that out. :(

JuniorBurger said:
BTW there is no feud it's just a traditional animosity thats all. It can't be helped it comes naturally.

It's a bitter feud. :mad:

DB10 said:
What a weekend that'll be, sainter vs. JB in the South Coast forum derby and me vs. the yiddos in the North London forum derby.

Let's just hope they are both on TV this time round. Another 9 goal thriller would be nice.

As for the derby that matters, Skates 0 Saints 2 (Crouch 90, Quashie 90)

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier League 2-3 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Back