Premiership Coach 2008 - now with pictures and stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

So how can I get my hands on a beta copy of this game? I have been visiting the site a few times a week for months now so I can pre order a copy but it is always closed..
Starting to get annoyed really.. What has it been? 2yrs since the first beta release, they need to get get their act together. They are just losing customers by pushing the release date back and the back again and back again.. & I could keep on going

So how can I get my hands on a beta copy of this game? I have been visiting the site a few times a week for months now so I can pre order a copy but it is always closed..
Starting to get annoyed really.. What has it been? 2yrs since the first beta release, they need to get get their act together. They are just losing customers by pushing the release date back and the back again and back again.. & I could keep on going

Mate it's been 10 months since BETA release. And for the pre-ordering stage it was first 100 people who payed. I was lucky enough to be one of them. There is a new BETA build coming out in about 2 weeks.

You're an idiot, have some patience.

Question. How come everyone protects this game like their favourite console but trashes Big Ant as if they've Infinity Warded us or something:confused:.

You're an idiot, have some patience.

No need to call me an idiot mate, I didn't abuse you! It just gets anoying that the release date keeps getting put back. I doubt it will even be ready by the time the season starts..
I just hope it is worth the wait

No need to call me an idiot mate, I didn't abuse you!

Fair enough

Question. How come everyone protects this game like their favourite console but trashes Big Ant as if they've Infinity Warded us or something:confused:.

Because Big Ant have shown nothing of their game and havn't spoken to the community at all.

Because Big Ant have shown nothing of their game and havn't spoken to the community at all.
Yeah they need to hire Robert Bowling or someone to keep the internet happy :rolleyes:. I was mainly referencing to people basically typing that Big Ants game will be crap and this game won't because of its 1 year long BETA status :eek:.

Because full AFL video games have had a history of being crap. The fact that Big Ant haven't released anything in the way of info in about a year also doesn't help matters.

AFL simulation is something that we haven't seen attempted on the scale of Premiership Coach, so maybe people believe it is more likely that it will be pulled off well. Then there is the fact that the developer of PC actually interacts with the fanbase, has released a BETA and constant updates for it after monitoring user feedback - bugs will always appear in games but you can minimize them drastically using this kind of process. I would hate to see Premiership coach had a BETA process not been implimented.

I still find it hypocritical for people to be stamping their feet for a release date in the other thread when this game has missed its release by 2 years already.

I still find it hypocritical for people to be stamping their feet for a release date in the other thread when this game has missed its release by 2 years already.

It was probably a little naive on the developers part, but nobody could reasonably expect one person to complete such a large project in such a short period of time. He probably should have delayed it to March 2010 much earlier than he did. There were a few months last year where he would promise the release, then when it got there, delay it by another month. That was pretty disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it isn't just 1 person working on premiership coach is it? I'm sure I have read posts on their forum by other mods that they are currently working in certain aspects of the game..

it isn't just 1 person working on premiership coach is it? I'm sure I have read posts on their forum by other mods that they are currently working in certain aspects of the game..

I'm pretty sure it's just the one guy doing the coding and much of the development. I think he got a few people to do the graphics and stuff though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership Coach 2008 - now with pictures and stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back