Premiership flags at Colonial

Remove this Banner Ad

That's exactly what i was thinking. It was a sight to see! :D

It would be great to see all the flags up at every home game. Gives our club a sense of history on match days. This is what we play for each year, and seeing the flags up there gives the players an incentive to build on the proud history of our club. Not that they need an incentive anyway, but it's a fine touch!

I tell you...i was extremely proud of my club seeing all those 15 flags (minus one) up there!!:D

They looked great even if they were missing one, as it was won before the Federation.

9152f.jpg

:D

Originally posted by topdon
That's exactly what i was thinking. It was a sight to see! :D

It would be great to see all the flags up at every home game. Gives our club a sense of history on match days. This is what we play for each year, and seeing the flags up there gives the players an incentive to build on the proud history of our club. Not that they need an incentive anyway, but it's a fine touch!

I tell you...i was extremely proud of my club seeing all those 15 flags (minus one) up there!!:D

They look great....were they just up for the game against Wet Toast or will they be there for our home games? Do the Dons do this for Docklands cause it's small enough to string 'em across or do they fly them at the G as well?

By the way topgun, I've replied to you in the LLoydy thread.

I think they should stay up there attached to the roof. It would be like the Boston Garden. The Boson Celtics for years had their 16 penants hanging from the Boston Garden, and it was an intimidating sight for opponents.

Originally posted by Dan25
I think they should stay up there attached to the roof. It would be like the Boston Garden. The Boson Celtics for years had their 16 penants hanging from the Boston Garden, and it was an intimidating sight for opponents.

Shame Colonial doesn't just belong to Essendon though.

i hardly think a few penants are giong to intimidate the Carey's Buckley's and Ricciuto's of this world!!

Originally posted by Jars458

Shame Colonial doesn't just belong to Essendon though.

i hardly think a few penants are giong to intimidate the Carey's Buckley's and Ricciuto's of this world!!

Yeah, you're prob. right.
I wish I followed footy when there were home grounds. I like it tribal.

I think they even tore down Boston Garden..but NBA has turned into a media freak show...people in the States who want tribal skillful sports have gone back to college (uni) basketball now.
Curently is VFL like the old days?

By the way, how do you get the animated pic under your tag??

You go into user cp, Edit Options and click on change Avatar. You need a .gif image that is 50x50 pixels or less. There are a couple of threads with links in them to sites with GIF files as well as one in here with a few dons ones.

Originally posted by Dave
You go into user cp, Edit Options and click on change Avatar. You need a .gif image that is 50x50 pixels or less. There are a couple of threads with links in them to sites with GIF files as well as one in here with a few dons ones.
Thanks for taking the time to tell me. I see it's being explained in other threads too. I'll give it a go when I get the time.

Great to see the flags fluttering upon high.

"Hold it up let it fly" - Bono from Under a blood red sky. :)

Wish we had a cup for all sixteen though, it never occured to me until reading in the paper not long ago, that we don't have a cup for all the premierships.

I don't even know how many we acctually have. Do you guys?

The AFL should issue every club who's missing a cup for each flag with a postumous newy. That would be fitting.

Cheers.

The premiership "cup" was first awarded in 1959. Before that, the winner only got a flag. So, we have 6 cups (1962,65,84,85,93,2000)

the funny thing is, that Collingwood's 1990 premiership was only their first "cup"

just back to the boston celtics bit........i know this if for a totally diffneret sport,but in the nhl they have every penant they have won hanging from the ceiling,including things like division,conference and stanley cup champions
although maybe the americans in here could conferm the division penants for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Lethal...I'm from there but I don't give a stuff about any sport but footy.
and to a lesser degree baseball. When I went to uni in Philly we had a pic from the local paper of the Flyers up as a joke. They were all grinning.and none of them had teeth! That's all I know about NHL.... that and the perplex [sp?] they put around the rink so the blood doestn't splatter on the punters.

I could make enquiries if you strike out here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership flags at Colonial

Remove this Banner Ad

Back