Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy with the Sunday fixtures, I say let them earn the big stage.
On a number of different fronts I'd go Saturday arvo all the way. Maxxing us out on Sunday slots is obviously there to placate Eddie and the Vic contingent. Not seeing that changing too much anytime soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tradition Saturday arvo slot for me every day of the week (so to speak).

Night games are terrible because 1) the food at the stadium is overpriced, very ordinary, a pain to get and a pain to have to eat in your seat; and 2) there are better things to do on Fri/Sat nights than sit in a seat and eat overpriced, very ordinary food that is a pain to get, even if it's simply enjoying a glass (or 4) of decent wine and home cooked meal of your choice, whilst watching a movie.

Sunday arvo games suck for making Sunday nights a bit of a scramble.

Fixture release in 2 weeks, wonder if they've figured out to have most Perth games on Saturday nights yet

Saturday night was our most common fixture at Optus last year.

We had 1 x Friday night, 1 x Saturday afternoon, 1 x Saturday twilight, 5 x Saturday night, and 4 x Sunday afternoon.

I just hope we have zero home games on Thursday, Friday or Monday night. The bus system doesn't run before the game, and getting to the ground is a pain for many people.

I personally prefer to not need to head out to a party after the game with spilled beer soaking me, so afternoon and Sunday games are better on a balance in my opinion - but I prefer the atmosphere at night games, aside from the aforementioned spilling of beer on me as people walk in front for the fourth time that quarter with another four beers.

Sat nights just have the best atmosphere and make best use of the Optus lights ect. They don't even have to give us the "prime time" game, just give us the fox Sat night games.

Sat 2:30pm slots are also good.

No Thursday or Friday night Perth games, just doesn't work for us with the earlier start times.

Sunday arvo sucks arse

I like having the mix.

I enjoyed the Saturday night games this year because they started late enough that there was no rush to get home before the kids went to bed.

I liked the sunday arvo games for the option to take the kids.

I'm happy if we start out on the sunday arvos and then start getting some saturday nights in the 2nd half of the fixture if have had a winning start to the season.

Sat night games suck when you're losing.

Regardless of which day or night we play our home games in 2024 my biggest wish is that we win more of our home games. 2023 was a disaster with so many losses at home making it very hard to accumulate enough away wins to make finals.

A 50% home win ratio is too low, we need to be looking at a 70% win ratio at home in 2024.

Given our 2023 season, guess it'll be the dreaded Sunday arvos - dreaded cos I play all-day sport about every second Sunday & there's no guarantee that my pricey season tix will fall on non-tournament Sundays....

What's the point of putting us on Sundays I don't get it. It's not like anyone but us actually watches our games anyway. Doesn't affect the eastern states if we play Saturdays because it's not like it's taking up any of their airtime. All it does is guarantee less crowds at games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back