Training Preseason 22-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be a good chance although Khamis and Cleary would be options as 3rd tall defenders and Bruce also in mix.

Crazy to have so many tall defensive options.
Thinking about how Melb probably line up, you’d suspect possibly Gawn, Brown & McDonald would be the 3 + Fritsch. Annoying that Gardner misses as he probably suits Brown/McDonald more than our other options.

But I’d be looking at Jones to sit on Gawn (likely deepest?) and biggest body, Keath to McDonald as he covers a lot of ground and probably Darcy to Brown - will get burnt on the lead if the entries are clean but have to back our midfield to provide enough pressure and Darcy should chew him up aerially.

Fritsch always kills us and does the most damage, could use Red but I’d possibly look at playing Cleary or Buku as the 4th to free up Red as we’re pretty reliant on him and Dale for our transition. Doc to Pickett.

Hey guys, I come in peace.

Anyway, I heard Josh Bruce is training as a defender (a bit late I know)? Any chance Bevo will put him forward (if yes, god help us)?

I find it quite disturbing that they allow betting on a competition that is decided by the end-of-year votes of a very small number of people. It's so open to corruption - and there has already been the whiff of that in the past.
View attachment 1612374
I absolutely detest gambling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine the possessions Macrae would rack up at half back. Probably similar to his midfield numbers. I thought of this because of discussion about our midfield balance. Treloar and Smith seem to work swapping so we should always have one in there imo. Bont obviously can play a bit forward but is our most damaging mid. Libba in the centre.
I could see Jacko playing half back at some stage of career. He has always been a favourite of mine but another string to the bow would be good and allow different mixes in the middle. I know he can play wing too, but I would like to see more damaging goal kickers there like Williams and Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 22-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back