Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Who? Please don't make me google Jonah Falcons junk
Do It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

giphy.gif

50c78c7781ca66e05e6002e4bb1c2547_w200.gif

Hoping Joyce plays Sunday as haven't seen him in years. Am worried we'd take him and he'd get injured straight away.
Naish, he's not bad and will provide run which we just lost through Sheed and Chesser.
We need to add to the list in areas we are short. We have enough injury prone players so Joyce does not need to fill that spot.

Clark - why did we not get him under the knife as soon as we drafted him as it was obvious at after the WAFL grand final.

I like Dittmar but ok to let him slide if we are not confident on his injuries (esp a bad back).

Naish is certainly a pretty quick highly skilled outside runner. We actually have a need for him - so long as Gaff is also a winger and not a pretend inside bull.

Trew - no idea what his injuries are as he has not has a decent stint.

Winder - has he developed enough endurance to play wing? I liked his end to 2021 and he showed some class in the games I watched.

We need one or more of LEdwards, Chesser, Winder, Foley, Waterman, Duggan, Sheed or even Hough to be ready to fill the second wing role.

Fast running out of options.

We need to add to the list in areas we are short. We have enough injury prone players so Joyce does not need to fill that spot.

Clark - why did we not get him under the knife as soon as we drafted him as it was obvious at after the WAFL grand final.

I like Dittmar but ok to let him slide if we are not confident on his injuries (esp a bad back).

Naish is certainly a pretty quick highly skilled outside runner. We actually have a need for him - so long as Gaff is also a winger and not a pretend inside bull.

Trew - no idea what his injuries are as he has not has a decent stint.

Winder - has he developed enough endurance to play wing? I liked his end to 2021 and he showed some class in the games I watched.

We need one or more of LEdwards, Chesser, Winder, Foley, Waterman, Duggan, Sheed or even Hough to be ready to fill the second wing role.

Fast running out of options.

Did I read we had 26 fit to play the scratchie? That is desperately low numbers

So we can take 4 from our WAFL team and 16 from the other WAFL teams

AFL clubs must be down to just 28 available players before they could activate a top-up.

If Rd 1 was starting this week we'd be eligible to use some

Love to know the details like do we have to use our WAFL ressies guys before any of the other WAFL teams players?

Also for those in the know, who are our 4 likely to be?

AFL clubs must be down to just 28 available players before they could activate a top-up.

If Rd 1 was starting this week we'd be eligible to use some

Love to know the details like do we have to use our WAFL ressies guys before any of the other WAFL teams players?

Also for those in the know, who are our 4 likely to be?

Logan Young would probably be one of the top-ups from the Beagles squad. Josh Browne might be another? Garlett and/or Pickett as senior bodies I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“But the rules are different for the Perth and Adelaide-based teams who have been told they can each nominate four players from four clubs to compile a top-up list of 16 to go with their four reserves players.”

So I take it Freo get (say) East Freo, Souths, Claremont and Subi and we get Perth, Swans, East Perth and West Perth and we get to pick four players from each club. Or something like that.

So according to the duff and quarters podcast ,chesser injury is worse than first thought and will most likely miss the whole season
Goodness me the kids had an interesting start to his career.

“But the rules are different for the Perth and Adelaide-based teams who have been told they can each nominate four players from four clubs to compile a top-up list of 16 to go with their four reserves players.”

So I take it Freo get (say) East Freo, Souths, Claremont and Subi and we get Perth, Swans, East Perth and West Perth and we get to pick four players from each club. Or something like that.

If this is the case be interesting how they split the teams...the father/son eligibility was split up as Claremont, EP, WP and Subi for WC and Swans, Perth and the Freo teams for Freo.

Do we have to take 4 from our WAFL side? A group that is to crabby to make our list of crabs. yeesh.

If this is the case be interesting how they split the teams...the father/son eligibility was split up as Claremont, EP, WP and Subi for WC and Swans, Perth and the Freo teams for Freo.

Yeah I gave us Perth and Freo the port sides and went geographically from there, but I think that ends up with Freo getting the much better end of the deal.

Someone nominate that thiccc campaigner Jye Bolton and watch him rack up 40 on debut.

Yeah that's why I'm keen on the details, especially if we need to use our WAFL teams player first. Pretty unfair considering the non AFL players in our WAFL team are barely WAFL standard.

Much rather a Bolton filling in than any from the Beagles

In the end we're the one's who wanted a WAFL team so badly, and agreed to the WAFL restrictions building our club with amateurs.

Cockburn have a healthy relationship/agreement with Peel and therefore have a better quality of players to select from.

It's not like the Covid top up thing is going to pop up over and over again, it's a special circumstance for presumably one more season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back