Preseason Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the point of Essendon delisting Neagle from the senior list if they just give it straight back to him? Would a rookie listing be the more likely scenario for him?
We won't. Was a rookie prospect, maybe. He's still struggling in fitness testing.
I think they're hoping someone else picks him up tbh.

Will be best young ruck IMHO. They've ruled out 'older players' altho it's unclear whether that'd rule out (say) a 22yo like Giles.

We won't. Was a rookie prospect, maybe. He's still struggling in fitness testing.
I think they're hoping someone else picks him up tbh.

Will be best young ruck IMHO. They've ruled out 'older players' altho it's unclear whether that'd rule out (say) a 22yo like Giles.

I think Giles would be an excellent pick for you guys.

If essendon dont select neagle in the psd,I think he will either be taken with a rookie selection by gws or even psd by gc.

he would have something to offer to a newly formed club,certainly big enough body :D

If essendon dont select neagle in the psd,I think he will either be taken with a rookie selection by gws or even psd by gc.

he would have something to offer to a newly formed club,certainly big enough body :D

I've always thought that Neagle was born to dominate a country league. I can't see anyone drafting him.

Does anyone know whether there is going to be live coverage of the PSD and rookie drafts?

Given the success from the rookie draft of late, it's not much less important than the main draft - and actually has a bit more intrigue in relation to state league players whom many have actually seen pull on a boot - as opposed to a 3 minute highlight reel.

GC have 1 senior spot left on their list, they have a choice:

N Ablett or J Anthony.:cool:

Who would you chose?

My tips:

1. GC - N Ablett
2. Eagles - B Wilson
3. Richmond - B Houli
4. Essendon - M Sewell
5. Hawks - C Bruce
6. Freo - J Anthony

If GC want Ablett - i don't know why they'd bother with the PSD - they have until next Tuesday to sign him up without the bother of entering the draft. As such if they do go the draft - logic suggests Ablett would be a rookie pick and not a PSD pick

If GC want Ablett - i don't know why they'd bother with the PSD - they have until next Tuesday to sign him up without the bother of entering the draft. As such if they do go the draft - logic suggests Ablett would be a rookie pick and not a PSD pick

In my mind it doesn't matter when they pick up N Ablett, before or at PSD pick 1, they only have 1 spot left on their main list so the point is moot. If they take him before they forego their first pick in the PSD.

Rookie listed at GC?

Only if GWS overlook him with all of their their first 8 rookie picks?;)

Taking a bit of a chance doing that with Sheedy being the crafty old dog he is.

Logic would say don't give Sheedy even a sniff in picking up N Ablett no matter how slim the chance is that Ablett would move to Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my mind it doesn't matter when they pick up N Ablett, before or at PSD pick 1, they only have 1 spot left on their main list so the point is moot. If they take him before they forego their first pick in the PSD.

It doesn't matter - but what's the value in waiting a week ? If they want him - they'll just sign him up.

Rookie listed at GC?

Only if GWS overlook him with all of their their first 8 rookie picks?;)

I can't see any club taking him other than GC - why would people want an unmotivated footballer - other than GC who hope he might be able to be motivated by his brother?

It doesn't matter - but what's the value in waiting a week ? If they want him - they'll just sign him up.[/B]

I can't see any club taking him other than GC - why would people want an unmotivated footballer - other than GC who hope he might be able to be motivated by his brother?

You are missing my point.

Either way its technically the PSD pick 1. If they sign him up early fine, they forego using PSD pick 1 - it costs them that pick.

Or they wait and use that pick on him.

Your 2nd point is valid, but as I said we are talking about Sheedy. Hell GWS might use their 8th rookie pick on N Ablett just for the publicity value. If he nominates for the rookie draft, gets picked by GWS and bails out he gets deregistered by the AFL.

GWS would get plenty of publicity, show that they can and will play tough and also stop GC getting a pretty decent premiership FF. A bit of a stretch maybe but not totally out of the question. GWS could rookie him and then trade him to GC next draft for another decent pick?

Does anyone know whether there is going to be live coverage of the PSD and rookie drafts?

Given the success from the rookie draft of late, it's not much less important than the main draft - and actually has a bit more intrigue in relation to state league players whom many have actually seen pull on a boot - as opposed to a 3 minute highlight reel.

Pretty much impossible to cover live (well certainly TV wise) because it's all done via video or teleconferencing. But SEN read out the picks as they get sent through, and tend to a fairly good wrap (i.e. get some of the recruiting managers on the phone etc) and I would say some other outlets would do similar.

With the common knowledge now that essendon fully intend to select jay neagle a rookie pick. Just to piss them off even more i would love richmond to select jay first.

Just to see the look on hirds face :D

With the common knowledge now that essendon fully intend to select jay neagle a rookie pick. Just to piss them off even more i would love richmond to select jay first.

You can have him. I dont think Essendon will be crying because they lost Neagle, i sure wont be. Im happy to pick him with our last rookie pick but if hes gone than i couldnt care less. You can keep having our hacks.

Save you the wait, here's what he would look like

fistpump.gif

Please.

Do it !

Remove this Banner Ad

Preseason Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back