Toast Presidency and The Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you 76woodenspooners

One of BigFooty’s all-time-favourite posters, Reykjavik , was all across the board level stuff. He once posted a list of the responsibilities of a Not-For-Profit board like that of Collingwood …

abcdef.....ijklmnop

NFP board responsibilities
Specific responsibilities of a not-for-profit (NFP) board include:

• Driving the strategic direction of the organisation
  • Working with the CEO to enable the organisation to obtain the resources, funds and personnel necessary to implement the organisation's strategic objectives
  • Implementing, maintaining and (as necessary) refining a system of good governance that is appropriate for the organisation
  • Reviewing reports and monitoring the performance of the organisation
  • Regularly reviewing the board's structure and composition, so that these are appropriate for the organisation
  • Appointing – and managing the performance of – a suitable CEO
  • Succession planning for the CEO
While the above points are also applicable to for-profit boards, NFP boards also face a unique range of issues, such as:

• Difficulties in defining and measuring organisational effectiveness
  • Transgression of role boundaries
  • The negative impact of the structural compositions of some NFP boards, including those arising from representative models
  • Funding dependencies and constraints

In practice, the role of the board is to supervise an organisation's business in two broad areas:

1. Overall business performance - ensuring the organisation develops and implements strategies and supporting policies to enable it to fulfill the objectives set out in the organisation's constitution. The board delegates the day to day management of the organisation but remains accountable to the shareholders for the organisation's performance. The board monitors and supports management in an on-going way.
  2. Overall compliance performance - ensuring the organisation develops and implements systems to enable it to comply with its legal and policy obligations (complying with statutes such as the Corporations Act 2001, adhering to accounting standards) and ensure the organisation's assets are protected through appropriate risk management.

http://www.companydirectors.com.au/...ctor/NFP-governance/The-role-of-the-NFP-board

Link to original post …

Eddie may have relinquished his title as President in an official capacity , but his imprint and influence on the direction and decisions the club will make , has not , Korda will be Ed`s Marionette

Guess we still going to Suck for awhile yet then

These excerpts from the CFC website

' “Collingwood has long held a place in my life and I take on this role with the strong belief that we have in our possession a wonderful legacy'

Are you talking about nearly 100 years ago Mark? If so I agree, time to regain that legacy.

' “Collingwood has been made by many and it will take many to drive it forward. I thank Peter Murphy for his support, particularly over recent months, and his determination to see Collingwood continue to flourish'

Umm, we haven't flourished for decades and decades, but I agree, flourish first then continue.

When do the club members actually have a say in electing a President?Is it ever going to happen?

And what does Mark Steven’s mean when he says EGM here we come?Is that just an opinion of his,or something that is likely to happen?

Not what I was hoping for but will get my full support. This is not the time for further division and white-anting.

Club Needs Change and Looks like it won't Happen

Guess we still going to Suck for awhile yet then

Who knows how long we will suck Dave, I knew when Ed decided to finally step down, it wasn`t over, he will kick and scream through the mouthpiece of Korda , would rather they went with Sally Capp, fresh face, new ideas, re-invigorate the club, shake the establishment, smart cookie that , smooth operator

When do the club members actually have a say in electing a President?Is it ever going to happen?

And what does Mark Steven’s mean when he says EGM here we come?Is that just an opinion of his,or something that is likely to happen?

I say his Opinion at the Moment.

Need a Rival Ticket for an Election

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My initial reaction was disappointment. More. Of. The. Same.

But Korda should be given a chance. He may not be Eddie #2. We don’t know what he’s committed to, and what his vision is. Assuming he has a vision.:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Presidency and The Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back