Toast Presidency and The Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you 76woodenspooners

One of BigFooty’s all-time-favourite posters, Reykjavik , was all across the board level stuff. He once posted a list of the responsibilities of a Not-For-Profit board like that of Collingwood …

abcdef.....ijklmnop

NFP board responsibilities
Specific responsibilities of a not-for-profit (NFP) board include:

• Driving the strategic direction of the organisation
  • Working with the CEO to enable the organisation to obtain the resources, funds and personnel necessary to implement the organisation's strategic objectives
  • Implementing, maintaining and (as necessary) refining a system of good governance that is appropriate for the organisation
  • Reviewing reports and monitoring the performance of the organisation
  • Regularly reviewing the board's structure and composition, so that these are appropriate for the organisation
  • Appointing – and managing the performance of – a suitable CEO
  • Succession planning for the CEO
While the above points are also applicable to for-profit boards, NFP boards also face a unique range of issues, such as:

• Difficulties in defining and measuring organisational effectiveness
  • Transgression of role boundaries
  • The negative impact of the structural compositions of some NFP boards, including those arising from representative models
  • Funding dependencies and constraints

In practice, the role of the board is to supervise an organisation's business in two broad areas:

1. Overall business performance - ensuring the organisation develops and implements strategies and supporting policies to enable it to fulfill the objectives set out in the organisation's constitution. The board delegates the day to day management of the organisation but remains accountable to the shareholders for the organisation's performance. The board monitors and supports management in an on-going way.
  2. Overall compliance performance - ensuring the organisation develops and implements systems to enable it to comply with its legal and policy obligations (complying with statutes such as the Corporations Act 2001, adhering to accounting standards) and ensure the organisation's assets are protected through appropriate risk management.

http://www.companydirectors.com.au/...ctor/NFP-governance/The-role-of-the-NFP-board

Link to original post …

Hmmm, interesting we stuck with a internal appointment. I thought it would’ve been a good time to bring in some new fresh ideas, and appointed someone externally. Well done however to president Korda...

That won't Happen with the Current Administration.

Need someone to Grow a Set and Force Change this Club Needs

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. As the famous Who song goes....
"That deaf, dumb and blind kid, sure plays bland and uninspiring decisions on and off the field, causing distain and unrest between casual fans and members alike pinball!"

Not sure he is exactly an Eddie man, given he was part of the board that tipped him out. But he is part of the establishment and part of the problem.

Sure Jeff Browne is Eddies mate, but I was honestly keen on him as he seems like he is his own man and would have brought about real change.
Browne was the choice of the McGuire camp, Galbally, Peter Moore, Craig Kelly and the media bigwigs. This made me sceptical straight away.

Korda, Murphy and Licuria were apparently the key men behind Eddie's exodus. Korda's been on the board for over a decade, but it would be unfair to judge him without seeing what he does first without McGuire overshadowing him.

I'm not enthused by the situation, but I think we just need to settle down and see how this develops first. The issue around triggering an EGM is the media's dream.

Not sure he is exactly an Eddie man, given he was part of the board that tipped him out. But he is part of the establishment and part of the problem.

Sure Jeff Browne is Eddies mate, but I was honestly keen on him as he seems like he is his own man and would have brought about real change.

ED was not tipped out, it was a well orchestrated manoeuvre to appeal to the masses who were baying for change. rule 101 in political surviaval

Best thing Korda can do is keep out of the Footy Department and let Wright Do his Job
Agree, Dave.

Btw, apologies about before. I overstepped the mark on reflection. We're all passionate about Collingwood and want to see it be the best it can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like we've replaced Guy Sebastian with Shannon Noll.. why bc Guy vouched for Shannon.. a worthy opponent.. established a respectable bond between themselves.. well what about all the other finalists over the yrs? They don't count for shit do they? What about me Guy it isn't fair.. I've been here for 20 yrs now I want my share? What about me Guy.. you just take more than you give?

Well **** off idiot.

Last edited:
zGHQb4O.gif

It's like we've replaced Guy Sebastian with Shannon Noll.. why bc Guy vouched for Shannon.. a worthy opponent.. established a respectable bond between themselves.. well what about all the other finalists over the yrs? They don't count for sh*t do they? What about me Guy? What about me Guy? Well fu** you idiot.

All we needed was Nana mouskouri for back up vocals

Dmitry Medvedev come on down.

Be nice if they trusted the members enough to put forward a couple of candidates and decide it with a vote.

Oh well let’s see what he’ll do now, he may have different ideas, give him a chance I guess.

Eddie would lose the Power he has over the Club Then

How are we any different to the AFL commission if we have no say in board appointments FFS, no doubt about it the pigs at the trough have done little to make us think that the current board is working.
Kordas background insolvency accountant, WOW.
Special breed that one, think of the sucker fish except suckerfish do something beneficial to the shark for the free ride like, eating external parasites and loose flakes of skin.
Insolvency accountants are ambulance chasers. How low can we go!

Wow, that's a surprise. I thought he was the least likely. Good luck to him.

Also welcome Neil Wilson to the board into the vacancy created by Eddies departure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Presidency and The Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back