Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesnt. Theyre just slacktivists

Because it's putting the pressure on the average person rather than pressure on corporate entities that actually have power to enact change.

Public transport and electric vehicles have been constantly undermined in this country, and our implementation of bike lanes are a joke. Until there is a viable alternative to using cars, of course people will need to use them.

All the players at Richmond should be asking to be traded. How can they all morally take money from pokies revenue. It really should impact Dusty's standing in the game that he so weak on this
Somebody tell him...

It's tainted money like pokies revenue imo. There's the carbon emmissions plus the Indigenous lands they destroy which woukdn't sit well with the Indigenous players and supporters I imagine.

let alone the despicable Oz Govt spying on East Timor, of which Woodside was a major beneficiary. Downer was responsible !and on retirement went immediately to Woodside on a fat contract.

Nah, not really. If you hate oil companies so much you'll glue yourselves to roads and expect fremantle to give up millions you shouldn't use a car. Catch a bus, walk, or ride a bike. Hypocrites
Funnily enough I ride my bike 80% if my journeys… good to know nothing can change at all unless you have no consumables in your life.

Simple minded takes coming from a simple mind.

If the people that mash their keyboards about the environment rode their bike to work just 1 time it would have more impact than 100 years worth of fighting on the internet with people you don't even know
1690972406134.png
Awesome. So now I can show I use my bike to commute more than most. I’m on my high horse about practising what I preach. Fine for me to argue with people on BigFooty and call for societal change now? And to be clear, I don’t give a damn if Freo keep them as a sponsor, but people in here pretending you can’t want some change in the world because you own a mobile phone are idiots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We want pay slips of your bike rides from now on
You’ve got a better one in you.
You Can Do It GIF by ALLBLK

What is the purpose of this thread anyway?

Shouldn't it be on the SRP Board?
The thread is sbout Freo and the backlash against their major sponsor and whether they re-sign with Woodside when the contract ends in October.
I know you want to bury the thread but it's topical and relevant to Afl at the moment.

What part of what's happening all over the planet with rising temperatures and climate catastrophes makes you think we have anything LIKE 50 years to get real about this kind of thing? We are at the point where even immediate action is only going to limit the damage done, with that mentality there will be nothing left to salvage.

I'd punt we are still using huge amounts of coal and O&G in 50 years globally

One of the interesting stats is no energy source in the history of man is less than the past. we use more peat today than the past, same with wood.

O&G Coal may decrease as a % of total consumption and it might even set a new bench mark and go slightly backwards. but coal is going nowhere in places like china or india in our lifetime.

1690975020991.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back