Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically though what kind of Australian companies do have a spare $2 million in the kitty to throw at football clubs for sponsorship? You'll be hard pressed to find one that doesn't have a variety of morally contentious issues.
You could pick holes in just about every team's major sponsors.

Port and MG? Is that ok? Are they supporting the commies?

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
Willo wont give away their job such is their principled view.

I also have to have these things to have a job. That doesn’t mean I’m a hypocrite when I want us to prioritise renewables and reduce coal and gas mining.

Denmark-based Copenhagen Energy has plans for its Leeuwin offshore wind farm.Tesla.
Maybe them.
Why would they want to give Sponsorship dollars upwards of 2 million to the Fremantle Dockers?? Why would Copenhagen energy want to advertise themselves to Australia via a logo on an Australian football jumper who never leave the country?

Just because people have to participate in society doesn’t mean they’re hypocrites when they try to change things for the better. I own a laptop and mobile, yes there’s colbalt and lithium mining as part of their production. I also have to have these things to have a job. That doesn’t mean I’m a hypocrite when I want us to prioritise renewables and reduce coal and gas mining.
You don't need to have those things to have a job. Just the job you want.

You could pick holes in just about every team's major sponsors.

Port and MG? Is that ok? Are they supporting the commies?
That's exact right every club is accepting of sponsorship dollars from companies that may not align morally or political with their players and or fans, that's life! Its still a business afterall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the issue, to be complete guilt free and do 100% the right thing you need a heap of money. The way people make a heap of money is through high energy processes, investing in companies that use massive amount of energy and resources or just having family money that came about through these means when they were unknown back in the day. Everything is connected and it takes a long time to change the system.
Of course, the reason why gas is used is because it's cheap, convenient and very useful.
Anyone can simply not use it. Why don't they? Because it makes your quality of life much higher. Certain people on this thread know that too, but instead of shouldering the burden themselves and setting the example, it's much easier to blame others. Even easier to demand others pay for it.

Nah, not really. If you hate oil companies so much you'll glue yourselves to roads and expect fremantle to give up millions you shouldn't use a car. Catch a bus, walk, or ride a bike. Hypocrites

This argument falls through after about 3 seconds of thinking lol

Of course, the reason why gas is used is because it's cheap, convenient and very useful.
Anyone can simply not use it. Why don't they? Because it makes your quality of life much higher. Certain people on this thread know that too, but instead of shouldering the burden themselves and setting the example, it's much easier to blame others. Even easier to demand others pay for it.
The reason is because it costs money to transition. I recon it would cost me at least 5k to switch over from gas if not more. Not sure how the bbq would be doable either and since the grid is not all green, there would still be emissions involved.

To generate that 5-10k, the economy burns stuff. Consuming our way to a green planet isn’t always the answer.

That's the issue, to be complete guilt free and do 100% the right thing you need a heap of money. The way people make a heap of money is through high energy processes, investing in companies that use massive amount of energy and resources or just having family money that came about through these means when they were unknown back in the day. Everything is connected and it takes a long time to change the system.

Richmond has a pokie business, which is far worse than excepting sponsorship from a miner. It's just praying on the weak minded caveman brains & ruining lives, it offers nothing to society. Energy can at least be used for good as well (run hospitals & schools, ambulances & buses) and it takes time & research to switch society over.

Where is the OP's outrange against that?
All the players at Richmond should be asking to be traded. How can they all morally take money from pokies revenue. It really should impact Dusty's standing in the game that he so weak on this

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back