Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

How do they get away with it? Richmond, and other big pokie clubs, are sponsoring and exploiting our favourite sports to buy a positive reputation.

When Richmond plasters its logo across the side of pokie clubs, it’s paying for the connection and loyalty we feel for sports, and marketing themselves as a community-oriented brand – all so that Richmond can keep generating cash from plebs.

We need to stop Richmond pokies from using sports sponsorships to wash away their dirty image.'
I agree but the scale of carbon emmissions from Woodsides new project is startling and a crime .

(Just going to repost my comment on the same topic in the Freo board last year)

These morons should realise we're in a privileged box seat to have these big companies on board as a mining state. I like having Woodside as a principal sponsor at Freo and don't take it for granted. Over the years other clubs like Port have struggled with major sponsors.

This happened a couple of years ago where protestors crashed the Perth Fringe opening night. They wanted them to dump Woodside as a principal sponsor. Only for event organisers to say Fringe wouldn't exist without these kinds of big players supporting them!

Protesters are going to lead busy lives crashing surf live saving and nippers events, Freo games, NAIDOC events, Leeuwin Ocean Adventure foundation, WA ballet and youth orchestra, community rec centre openings and volunteer work initiatives. Along with all the other various things Woodside supports.

This is like a group of vegan protestors walking in to Outback Jack's and demanding everyone stop eating meat. This is where Freo politely tell them to **** off and concentrate on winning games of footy not pandering to a group of people clutching at their own self importance.
Brilliant post 👏 👏 👏

'More than 400 people have signed an open letter calling on Surf Life Saving WA to dump Woodside as the sponsor of its Nippers program for children aged 5 to 12.

Dr James Anderson, a Nippers parent and chair of Sustain Surf which is driving the campaign, told Nadia Mitsopoulos kids are being used as walking billboards.'

Woodside targeting 5 to 12 year olds .
400 people?
Wow. Such huge numbers.
You'd probably get 4000 people sign an open letter thanking Woodside for their continued support.

The petition is no doubt signed by a bunch of people that don't even follow AFL, but are just against Woodside.
Probably organised by the same idiots who went to the Woodsides CEO's home at 6:40am in the morning with an ABC TV crew to try and protest at her front door (which does nothing to help their cause and in fact turns the court of public opinion against them).

Go woke, go broke.

Ask Netball Australia...
Without speaking to the issue at all, I don't think the AFL/Fremantle are in a similar position to Netball Australia.

Netball has long been a struggling industry financially whereas AFL are a financial powerhouse that can afford to make different decisions.

The number of clubs that have opted out of gambling (their most lucrative $$ earner) because they can afford to is testament to this.

(That's not to say that I necessarily think Fremantle should cut ties but simply that comparing to Netball Australia is not like for like and that Freo could easily find another sponsor of similar value with the coverage they get).

Of the 8000, I wonder how many are subsistence farmers and don't use products from companies such as Woodside - no air travel, shipping, rail, car travel including deliveries of products, no electronic materials etc, no plastics, in fact nothing that is mined or grown in a mass production way.
8000 fraudsters!

Of the 8000, I wonder how many are subsistence farmers and don't use products from companies such as Woodside - no air travel, shipping, rail, car travel including deliveries of products, no electronic materials etc, no plastics, in fact nothing that is mined or grown in a mass production way.
8000 fraudsters!
What a rubbish post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The petition is no doubt signed by a bunch of people that don't even follow AFL, but are just against Woodside.
Probably organised by the same idiots who went to the Woodsides CEO's home at 6:40am in the morning with an ABC TV crew to try and protest at her front door (which does nothing to help their cause and in fact turns the court of public opinion against them).

That CEO women is a criminal who deserves all she gets.
A typical corporate sociopath motivated by one thing and the rest of the population can gagf.

And you're calling others 'brainwashed'?
You are mate 'the WoodsideGas Project and Pluto extension would generate emissions over its lifetime equal to ten years of running all of the country’s coal-fired power stations combined.'
Yet you remain a fanboy of Woodside.

Philth check out that stat and tell me why Freo should take money off them ?

Well isn't that the most simplistic rebuttal for anything you don't agree with?
No, because the Woodside fanboys don't acknowlege the massive carbon emmissions they make and they use the same propaganda that Woodside uses to justify their bastardry.

A fan of common sense and the people , certainly not a fan of a faceless corporate sportswashing polluter.
What does it actual do though? Most big companies give back to the community in terms of sponsoring things, if we ban it you just miss out on a local revenue stream. I recon Woodside sponsor Freo so the execs have an excuse to have a permanent box at the Footy. They also sponsor a lot of other stuff around Perth since they probably feel guilty about making money from polluting, polluting that is still necessary to even have AFL games (jet fuel anyone?).

Singling out them compared to every other bad company and thing associated with the AFL seems to be a hidden agenda or just the latest activist fad going around atm.

Santos is in the same space and doesn't sponsor things anywhere as much as Woodside so not sure if society is better off now that all Santos's money can go to profits or into more oil and gas projects.

What does it actual do though? Most big companies give back to the community in terms of sponsoring things, if we ban it you just miss out on a local revenue stream. I recon Woodside sponsor Freo so the execs have an excuse to have a permanent box at the Footy. They also sponsor a lot of other stuff around Perth since they probably feel guilty about making money from polluting, polluting that is still necessary to even have AFL games (jet fuel anyone?).

Singling out them compared to every other bad company and thing associated with the AFL seems to be a hidden agenda or just the latest activist fad going around atm.

Santos is in the same space and doesn't sponsor things anywhere as much as Woodside so not sure if society is better off now that all Santos's money can go to profits or into more oil and gas projects.

'Give back to the community'?

They give less than .001% of their profits and then demilosh cultural sites and speed up global warming.
Wake up man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back