Presti injured

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm watching Ten news and the story hasn't been on yet... :confused:

Anyway, terrible news, another on the LTI list now so more opportunities for rookies if needed.

I didn't think we were expecting Presti to be fit for round 1 anyway? The recent article from South Africa made that fairly plain IIRC.

Re: Ten News on Prest?

It was already time for Anthony to step in, with Brown being introduced perhaps later in the year. I don't see that much has changed with this extension of Presti's injury, to be honest. :(

Ruins my two 30 year old bookends in Rocca and Presty

They were the two slices of bread in my youth sandwich :mad:

Lets hope one or both of Anthony and Brown can fill the breach of Perry Como, Simon is one of the best defenders of the last decade, does not get many posessions but neither does his direct opponent.

Johnathon Brown rates Presti as his toughest opponent, enough said,
We need to rise up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geoff Walsh was on SEN about half an hour ago and explained that it is the foot that was operated on prior to Christmas but has not progressed as they had hoped. It's not a new injury.

Anyway, he said the good news is that they have some electro-frequency type treatment for his foot which he started with today and should improve him markedly over the next week. He did state that Presti has only done minimal training (so it is quite apparent to me that he will be missing several rounds of the season until he reaches fitness even if the treatment works).

Walsh also stated that he believes Presti is still in our best 22 if fit.

He also stated that Josh will captain this Saturday and that the club will decide on the permanent captain next week.

i was watching the collingwood 200 team photo shoot and i noticed that rocca was on malthouses left and fraser on his right. If that is so doesnt that make rocca captain and fraser vice.

the link is

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/43913

what do you guys think

My preference is Burns, always has been, however if Sir Scotty has declined the position then Rocca should be the man.
The Roc has the prescence and ability to be a leader of men if not the aerobic capacity.
Might just be the making of the man.

My preference is Burns, always has been, however if Sir Scotty has declined the position then Rocca should be the man.
The Roc has the prescence and ability to be a leader of men if not the aerobic capacity.
Might just be the making of the man.

I can see Pebs on hands and knees wheezing instructions to the boys....lol.
I would be happy if he got the gong, but I doubt it very, very much given the responsibility he already has, what with holding off three defenders and taking all the tough marks. He will also have his hands full concentrating on getting em' through the big sticks this year.
If he simply does that he will have done his job.

Guys don't worry presti will be back.
He is seven games away from playing 200 games.
If the injury is an 8 week injury,they can place him on long term injury list and a rookie can get a game till presti recovers.
In the meantime ready to step into his shoes are Nathan Brown,Wakelin,John Anthony,Toby Thoolen,Casey-leigh.With Nathan Brown targeted for that true full back position.
So 8 weeks means that Presti could be back as early as round 5-6 which isn't that bad.
Even if his return takes longer doen't matter,bring him in later in the year,ready for finals,his experience would be invaluable,i mean his story could end a fairy tale.
He could end up playing last 7-8 games,playing in the finals,helps win the flag and he finishes his career as a 200 gamer,premiership player.
Not a bad way to out.Ouch!!!!!! bucks and clement would be spewing if that happened but it's quite possible.Presti could have the last laugh.

no need to panic yet , thing that will hrut if we lose two of goldy maxwell shaw wakes
along with presti, our backline would be in a bit of trouble then

i was watching the collingwood 200 team photo shoot and i noticed that rocca was on malthouses left and fraser on his right. If that is so doesnt that make rocca captain and fraser vice.

the link is

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/43913

what do you guys think

Think I'll go nuts, because I can't get this video to run on my computer!:mad::thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Presti injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back