Preston City Oval - 15/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocking day for footy. It rained the entire time and was soooooooo muddy! Players slid about 30 meters on the ground when going for the ball. It was crazy! The centre square was a mud bath.

Funny thing was when the players came off at half time the player with the cleanest jumper from both teams was none other than Kent Kingsley. By that stage in the game some players had already changed their jumpers coz they were sooooo muddy.

Our forward line sucked but the conditions were so hard that no one could mark the ball. We didn't score for almost 2 quarters. Byrnesy only played for the first half and then he came and sat in the stand... maybe they rested him coz theres a chance he is playing tommorow???

jess_555 said:
Shocking day for footy. It rained the entire time and was soooooooo muddy! Players slid about 30 meters on the ground when going for the ball. It was crazy! The centre square was a mud bath.

Funny thing was when the players came off at half time the player with the cleanest jumper from both teams was none other than Kent Kingsley. By that stage in the game some players had already changed their jumpers coz they were sooooo muddy.

Our forward line sucked but the conditions were so hard that no one could mark the ball. We didn't score for almost 2 quarters. Byrnesy only played for the first half and then he came and sat in the stand... maybe they rested him coz theres a chance he is playing tommorow???

2 goals for the game...1 in the first half....I doubt Kent would have had much of a chance.

jess_555 said:
He showed no desperation. Looked to me like he should have been playing in the VFL reserves. I am a bit bias... I don't like him at all at the moment. ;)

What a surprise :rolleyes:

He is one of the laziest forwards i have ever seen.

kent did indeed have the cleanest jumper of the whole squad. wasnt a day for forwards but he fumbled and looked like he didnt want to get dirty.

playfair played the full game but in those conditions jonathon brown would have struggled to take a mark.

byrnes was pulled at around half time, showered and didnt look injured. someone has obviously not pulled up and he could be playing tomorrow, no other reason i can think of.

grima has reincarnated the spirit of cam mooney and was doing some mean body work. very angry young man.

can anyone confirm sherringhams real height or if someone stole his 41 number as the guy looked a lot taller than 180cm?

and dont worry about the best players, it was a thrashing and there were no real highlights. all the players were average and the score attests to that.

darren forssman said:
can anyone confirm sherringhams real height or if someone stole his 41 number as the guy looked a lot taller than 180cm?

I wasn't at the game but I'll take a guess that you got #41 confused with #47.
Sheringham didn't play.Simon Clarke [190cms]might be the player you're talking about.

cats2rise said:
Good to see Ricco, Kelly and Koulo all in the best.

Can't say i agree. Riccardi has played 280+ AFL games. Why is he in the 2's?

I heard Bomber say on K-Rock after Round 2 that Riccardi would not play reserves. He stated, 'he's played 280 AFL games, he does not play in the reserves, he's proved that'......

What the hell is going on? Two weeks in a row he has been fit, two weeks in a row he has played in the reserves.... It makes no sense IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thehoff said:
Can't say i agree. Riccardi has played 280+ AFL games. Why is he in the 2's?

I heard Bomber say on K-Rock after Round 2 that Riccardi would not play reserves. He stated, 'he's played 280 AFL games, he does not play in the reserves, he's proved that'......

What the hell is going on? Two weeks in a row he has been fit, two weeks in a row he has played in the reserves.... It makes no sense IMO.

honestly hoff, he should not have played in that mud water pile yesterday, there was no form to be run into on that ground just potential injuries.

Just thought these pics sort of showed how muddy it was. Although it doesn't look as bad in the pics.

71452029.jpg

71451915.jpg

More images from the VFL at www.gettyimages.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Preston City Oval - 15/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back