Preview Preview/changes - Round 3 v. Port Adelaide (Viney 200th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no fan of Brown but as long as we don't go back bombing it long to the pocket with every entry he's not as much of a liability.
Disagree with this completely. 7 disposals, 3 marks 0 goals and 0 tackles. He's downright lucky our team defence was on and hawthorn wanted to kick instead of running. Our defensive structure is gonna fall apart with blokes just walking past him on the rebound especially when we play teams who aren't bottom 6 material.
He doesn't ruck, he can't go back and help.

He's in the team just in case we lace out 3 perfect passes to him and he kicks 2.1

but we can only play the cards as they lie.
its "we can only play the cards that are dealt to us" or "we can only play the ball where it lies" ... very Travis Cloke there Legs

Disagree with this completely. 7 disposals, 3 marks 0 goals and 0 tackles. He's downright lucky our team defence was on and hawthorn wanted to kick instead of running. Our defensive structure is gonna fall apart with blokes just walking past him on the rebound especially when we play teams who aren't bottom 6 material.
He doesn't ruck, he can't go back and help.

He's in the team just in case we lace out 3 perfect passes to him and he kicks 2.1
I was making the case for Petty staying back but I know what you mean. Would be happy for Fullarton to get a look in. If McAdam was fit I'd even be happy with that.

Don't think you can go in with one genuine key forward who's also playing second ruck, followed by Fritsch and a bunch of short people.

its "we can only play the cards that are dealt to us" or "we can only play the ball where it lies" ... very Travis Cloke there Legs

I realised immediately after I posted and thought to edit but decided to leave it in the end. Was wondering if someone would pick up on it. 🏅

I was making the case for Petty staying back but I know what you mean. Would be happy for Fullarton to get a look in. If McAdam was fit I'd even be happy with that.

Don't think you can go in with one genuine key forward who's also playing second ruck, followed by Fritsch and a bunch of short people.
Why not though? Richmond won a flag with Jack Riewoldt as the only tall
Collingwood won the flag with Cox and Mihocek

Be a different argument if Brown was any good but he's an immobile uncontested marker. Shane McAdam could have walked up and down the G with his calf torn an added just as much as Brown did.

Why not though? Richmond won a flag with Jack Riewoldt as the only tall
Collingwood won the flag with Cox and Mihocek

Be a different argument if Brown was any good but he's an immobile uncontested marker. Shane McAdam could have walked up and down the G with his calf torn an added just as much as Brown did.
I think our structure looks best with two talls up forward. Id be okay with Petracca in that role 'playing tall' if need be.

Tbh I'm not really that invested in this argument. I was really making a point about Petty staying back.

I think our structure looks best with two talls up forward. Id be okay with Petracca in that role 'playing tall' if need be.

Tbh I'm not really that invested in this argument. I was really making a point about Petty staying back.
Brown makes it 3 talls that's my issue.
JVR and Petty or JVR +1 is plenty because Fritsch plays tall

I think the plan was definitely to sub one of Brown or Petty out yesterday. Doubt we have a forward line of Brown Petty and JVR when everyone is fit.
How would that work? Brown goes off, Hore goes on and then we add a defender and lose a forward? Doesn't even add run.

I wonder if Lever was already sore and they were planning on subbing him for Hore

Petty playing back makes too much sense, we need a guy who can marshal the backline and set everyone up, I dont see that being TMac or Tomo, they are more sit on a man and say nothing kind of people. Petty was amazing once he went back yesterday, that was vintage KPD Petty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would that work? Brown goes off, Hore goes on and then we add a defender and lose a forward? Doesn't even add run.

I wonder if Lever was already sore and they were planning on subbing him for Hore
I didnt say it made sense, I said that was the plan

I'm fine with Petty back while Mays out because our defence is s**t without him but I'd play Jefferson over Brown. He couldn't possibly be less competitive.
Ideally yes that is what id do. But these numpties have given up on him as a forward it would seem. Better chance its Schache or Fullarton id say.

Ideally yes that is what id do. But these numpties have given up on him as a forward it would seem. Better chance its Schache or Fullarton id say.
I think I'd rather Schache and I'm not even taking the piss. I thought he did exactly the same as Brown.

I don't think the team would lose anything playing another small/medium

*Pending the game tomorrow

Is it too crazy to suggest Adams could even get a look in? Leave Petty forward.

OUT: May, Lever

IN: Adams, Hore

AMW Or Woey as sub.

(I always get confused with the ins and outs with bringing in the previous sub)
Would be great to get a look at Adams, however I don’t think I’d debut the kid over in Adelaide with no May and/or Lever to support him back there - would be to big an ask.

Would be great to get a look at Adams, however I don’t think I’d debut the kid over in Adelaide with no May and/or Lever to support him back there - would be to big an ask.

Yeah that's a good call about having that leadership there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back