Preview Preview, Swans V Carlton, Friday 28/6

Remove this Banner Ad

You ever checkedout other boards general afl chat during our games, there is a very bitter group, jealous when the media like us etc, wont give away which but lets just say they would of loved 11 more points last year

As good as players as they are and have been the Swans really have nothing to worry about when O'Keefe, Bolton and even Goodes retires as we really do have some good players coming through to replace them. Obviously the 3 players listed are impossible to replace entirely but it is not like we have no one waiting that cannot step up to an AFL level.

You ever checkedout other boards general afl chat during our games, there is a very bitter group, jealous when the media like us etc, wont give away which but lets just say they would of loved 11 more points last year

Wouldn't bother.

Really happy with the 4 points and a solid victory. Lamb, B.Jack, Mitchell future guns. Throw in Rampe they all make Armstrong look pretty ordinary.

Our depth just improved significantly as we now know Jack and Lamb can play senior level. I like the cut of Xavier's jib too.

Did not see the game but wow, that must have been some game by Bird! I would have been happy with any win with the number of players we had out. You would have gotten long odds on Brandon Jack and Xavier Richards both getting games by Round 14, and the team still being in top 4 contention. Oh, and we broke the Malthouse hoodoo.

Rampe, X. Richards and B. Jack all playing from the last rookie draft. Yet to see a player from last year's national draft. Why are we better at finding gold in the left-over scraps, then drafting what should be more straight forward selections?

I have no idea but it is not just this year either as we have been doing the same thing for years. Other than 2009 our first round draft selections have been terrible but we have found gold in the second and third rounds.

Not sure if to barrack for Freo or Geelong - Geelong win might put us back in the four on percentage depending on the margin. Freo win and we are only two points behind the cats. Enjoy getting ahead of myself after a win.

Just got to win ourselves and let the rest take care of itself. Extremely competitive up the top for sure, i think we'll make it. But i think it might end up hinging on our game vs the Cats later in the year to secure a spot. We'll see. It would be a serious **** up to lose any of our next 2 games, whilst i fancy us to extend our good form against Eagles. (If it's dry :rolleyes:)

Left the pub I was watching the game the second that Malceski decision was paid. OMG what a disgrace

Will catch a replay just to see vision of Micky getting mad on the boundary/box.

Seen that BJ did some nice things, will be better than his brother barring injury and such.

Exciting times where we can show Jack, Mitchell, Lamb and consolidate Everitt due to injuries.

PS: Parker will be our best player by grand final day. Kid improves with every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if to barrack for Freo or Geelong - Geelong win might put us back in the four on percentage depending on the margin. Freo win and we are only two points behind the cats. Enjoy getting ahead of myself after a win.

I reckon Geelong are more vulnerable than Freo to slipping down the ladder in the back half of he year so II am hoping for a Freo win to further destabilise the Cats.

The next few weeks will be the time for us to catch up to the top four as there are quite a few games that they could drop.

Yeah, Jesse should be dumped. Get a smaller bloke in that's prepared to work. In the soggy wet weather, follow up efforts & OTB pressure is doubly crucial. I like seeing B.Jack get another run, even if the conditions are against him (perhaps especially because they are?). Armstrong is a great dumping. He has been our worst all year.

This will be a great litmus test for Everitt. Can he play another quarter like he did against the Cows? I'd rather see a solid 4 quarter performance from him. Not saying that he's capable of it, but would love to see him deliver.
Glad to see I wasn't the only one chucking a shit at our 2 uber spuds yesterday. A couppla guys behind me were going off at both Jesse & Everitt too.

How good was B.Jack? Think what you will, it's only a matter of time before the likes of Jetta will have to earn their spots. B.Jack is a flyer!

Glad to see I wasn't the only one chucking a shit at our 2 uber spuds yesterday. A couppla guys behind me were going off at both Jesse & Everitt too.

How good was B.Jack? Think what you will, it's only a matter of time before the likes of Jetta will have to earn their spots. B.Jack is a flyer!

Everitt? Uber spud? He had a good game, and he's been anything but spudworthy over the last few outings.

Agree with Jack jnr though. His movement in the wet was superb at times. We have a potential future star on our hands.

Hope that's not true terrible behavior especially against Everitt who had more than a serviceable game in the conditions.

The test will come in a few weeks to see where his consistency is at.

To me he had passed the consistency test this season since he got back in, id be surprised if the coaches feel he has failed to peform his role too often

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Preview, Swans V Carlton, Friday 28/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back