Primus does a runner

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, you've become Sekaj. Overreacting to and exaggerating everything that you can to denigrate Port.

All we know is that Rodney Eade officially pulled out of the Port Adelaide coaching race yesterday. You can make as many assumptions on top of that as you want, but they're just assumptions. 'Eade quit a week ago' is no more or less valid a theory than 'Eade quit when he found out Port had chosen Cameron'.

Why do you care who coaches Port??

Afterall the only reason Jacobs has not become a better player than he was when drafted (well he has got worse ) is because of his attitiude and because he needs coaches to "hold his hand" all the time.

I thought coaches had nothing to do with how a player develops according to you???

Even Gold Coast think Primus > Ratten :thumbsu:
Cheaper too.

What the heck is Primus going to do up there. Work on his Tan?

Do you reckon he was a good assistant coach at Port??

After he was made midfield coach, where the midfield coach got worse under him. Or how about his time as Ruck coach (five years) in which not one Ruckman was developed, and all of Delucca, Willits, Giles, Cockshell, French, all failed to become AFL quality lead Rucks under his "coaching".............

Afterall the only reason Jacobs has not become a better player than he was when drafted (well he has got worse ) is because of his attitiude and because he needs coaches to "hold his hand" all the time.

I thought coaches had nothing to do with how a player develops according to you???

So illness didn't impact his ability to develop?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...-season-build-up/story-e6frf9jf-1225998823255

You're a cruel man Geoffa32... but, should we expect anything different?

Its not me that.thinks he is a bad player. That is Gopower. She said Jacobs is mentally eeak and need a coach to "hold his hand". Gopwer seems to think a second year player needing some coaching is mentally weak and lazy. Sheesh.

Yep his Glandular Fever didnt help either. But neither.did.pigeon holing him as a defender.

He will thrive at another club.

All Port need is luck with injuires and a soft draw (lets give em ours from this year next year) and with their new coach they too will finish top four next year

Has nothing to do with anything else.

I have asked a few of them how many wins would of the PAFC got with the AFC's draw this year....not one has answered...:rolleyes:

I have asked a few of them how many wins would of the PAFC got with the AFC's draw this year....not one has answered...:rolleyes:

I have gone through our draw and based on their performances this and last season I came up with 4 wins.

Two against GC, one against GWS at home and a home win against the Saints, as they beat the Saints at Footy Park this year.

We didnt get a game against Melbourne in Darwin, or North and Carlton at home. Those games for us were tougher, at the G and Etihad.

Because it's irrelevant to your ladder position. The real question is how many wins would Hawthorn, Sydney, Collingwood, West Coast, Geelong and Freo gotten with your draw (and your injury run).

How do you reckon Port would have gone with our draw.

It is Tealsters who seem to have the biggest issue with our draw. If you had it, would you have won more than 5.5 games.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tg-adelaide-crows

Which games would you have won?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it's irrelevant to your ladder position. The real question is how many wins would Hawthorn, Sydney, Collingwood, West Coast, Geelong and Freo gotten with your draw (and your injury run).

I asked the question because the PAFC supporters in the Bay and the PAFC board bring our "fixture" up everytime our season is discussed. Apaprently this is the main reason we ended up finishing top 4.

If it was such an easy "fixture", how many wins would of the PAFC managed with our easy "fixture".

Why would that be the real question??? Did any of Hawthorn, Sydney, Collingwood, West Coast, Geelong or Freo finish 14th or worse last year?

I have pegged you for 6 to 8 wins with our draw, not quite 17 is it :rolleyes:

Too many variables. If we beat the Bulldogs and GWS at home which IMO we definitely would have with our early season form, who knows where that confidence would've taken us.

But again, as much as you like talking about what Port would have done with your draw, it's irrelevant to your finals credentials. You can't say that your draw didn't make any difference in comparison to teams like Collingwood and West Coast because it wouldn't have made a difference to Port. You may not have noticed this, but Collingwood and West Coast are a hell of a lot better than Port.

In all honesty I think our last two games made us soft against Sydney. We cruised too easily through those games and some bad habits crept in. Sydney exposed them.

Snapped back into action against Freo, and then played one of (if not the) best game of our year against Hawthorn.

I personally would have liked some harder games leading into Finals. Against mid/high tier teams would be nice in the last two rounds. Next year we will get that, with Hawthorn being our last game, and the last AFL game at Footy Park.

Too many variables. If we beat the Bulldogs and GWS at home which IMO we definitely would have with our early season form, who knows where that confidence would've taken us..

Carefull of the splinters..

But again, as much as you like talking about what Port would have done with your draw, it's irrelevant to your finals credentials. You can't say that your draw didn't make any difference in comparison to teams like Collingwood and West Coast because it wouldn't have made a difference to Port. You may not have noticed this, but Collingwood and West Coast are a hell of a lot better than Port.

Correct, it is irrelevent to our finals credientials, I never said it was. Our draw did make a difference in comparison to those that finished well above us the year before but they were not going to get a draw like ours after finishing well above us the year before.

The reason I asked what your rabble would of done with our draw is because of the constant dribble from the PAFC'ers on here and the Port Board.

If we are a mid table team gifted a top 4, surely you would of made the finals with our draw ??

If you guys had the same draw as Collingwood/Geelong/West Coast or they had the same draw as you guys, do you think you would've finished ahead of all three of them? I strongly doubt it. And that's without even considering the comparative injury lists and comparative luck with opposition players getting injured at convenient times.

So, hypothetical draw swapping is ok with other top 4 sides, just not with the PAFC.....got it :thumbsu:

That was quick edit GP :)

It's fine, it's just not relevant.

Who knows where Port would've finished if we'd had home games against the Bulldogs and GWS to kick off our season with plenty of confidence, if Boak, Hartlett, Schulz and Gray had been injury free all year like Dangerfield, Thompson, Jacobs, Walker, Sloane and Reilly were (which would've forced momentum killing spuds like Thomas, Logan and Daniel Stewart out of the side), and if a couple of the opposition's best players had a voodoo curse put on them just about every week.
You had a home game against the Bulldogs in 2011 and got thumped.

OMG, news flash, Geoff doesn't know everything.

How about you seek out the answers?
Or were you just saying words again that have no meaning.....

Primus was treated poorly by your club. Had no support around him to do his job and so far he and Dunc are the only scapegoats for your last two seasons of obliteration.

Rohde, Cripps and Falloon all seem to have their jobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Primus does a runner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back